SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Retired Game Master

We are acutely aware of how many legitimate registrations we get versus illegitimate ones -- much moreso than you (thanks to excellent record keeping by Phantom Leader). This thread is currently concerned with multiple accounts on Nova Test Center which is the only currently available server. Concerns regarding Suncrusher are premature, so try to keep your posts on topic as Ekaika asked you to.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM

It would make sense to create a second account if you were banned from posting on the forums and wanted to start under a new name but that isn't the case. Judging by the list of newcomers, next to none of them have posted anything in the forums yet. Obviously the multiple/banned accounts need to be purged to maintain an accurate total of how many users will be playing the Emu.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

That would absolutely NOT make sense, and would likely result in a perma-ban for ban evasion. The way of appealing a ban is to contact Phant or myself and we'll address it.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:28 AM

All i got to say is thank you for fixing what soe screwed up. Now on topic. My wife said saw me playing this game the old way and told me she was going to put it on her laptop. I tld hr nt f sh wnts t kp hr tth.

Last edited by Max; 04-16-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Please don't use physical violence. Also, email Phantomleader@swgemu.com and your wife will be fine.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Euro-Chimaera Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman158 View Post
All i got to say is thank you for fixing what soe screwed up. Now on topic. My wife said saw me playing this game the old way and told me she was going to put it on her laptop. I told her not if she wants to keep her teeth.
Firstly you shouldn't verbally abuse or threaten your wife.

Secondly she can if she wants. Just contact Ekaika and tell him that you have two people in your house that want to play the game. Once he gives you the all clear your wife can create an account and you two can play the game at the same time.

Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Banned

There is a problem with the tracker thing, if i log on my friends account it will flag your tracker that i have 2 accounts when i don't. This might possibly turn into a ban of my account or my friends =/
Old 04-17-2009, 08:47 AM

Is that really necessary? Its a TC, ban by IP at least lol. At least that's a little bit more advanced than just making another account heh.

As a community thing, i don't think its necessarily a good idea to prevent multiple registrations on one machine, but whatever.

Not really that big a deal lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!

Last edited by Xiox; 04-17-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 AM

what about letting a single account be loged in multiple times? just not letting a single toon to be used twice
Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Currently you can make as many characters on your account as you like and there is an option in LPE that lets you use more than one instance.

Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here, or skimmed over your reasoning while I read the thread. What is the crusade against the multiple accounts for anyway? If you are allowed to have as many characters as you want all on at the same time on one account (on Nova now), what difference does it make if someone has 5 accounts and plays the 1 toon on each of those accounts?

I just don't see the logic behind the enforcement, especially since there have already been loopholes already pointed out. I think if the reasoning (again maybe I missed it if it was already pointed out) was made clear, majority of these questions and worries would diffuse and/or explode depending on how well it sits with most people.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
I just don't see the logic behind the enforcement.
I think it is to maintain an accurate representation of the user base numbers and also other concerns which may arise down the road or as a factor of multiple accounts tied to one person.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadokk View Post
Currently you can make as many characters on your account as you like and there is an option in LPE that lets you use more than one instance.
Wich I hope will be taken out asap. I thought we wanted to get rid of all the AFK buffbots/entertainers/afk characters spamming their goods in theed? Or is that just me?

"It's a dirty job but I figure someone has to get rich doing it, and one way or the other, that someone is going to be me."
Old 05-02-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-386 View Post
Wich I hope will be taken out asap. I thought we wanted to get rid of all the AFK buffbots/entertainers/afk characters spamming their goods in theed? Or is that just me?
No, this is a test server. It doesn't matter how many characters you have.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadokk View Post
No, this is a test server. It doesn't matter how many characters you have.
True but i rather get people get used to playing on one character now then have to deal with all the fuzz later when we go live.

"It's a dirty job but I figure someone has to get rich doing it, and one way or the other, that someone is going to be me."
Old 05-02-2009, 05:26 AM

Why though, I bet there has to be some benefit for testing with multiple windows open. Test multiple things at a time? Test you afk macros etc. make sure there isn't any bugs in the game.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: