SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.57 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 12:17 AM

Keep slugging at it! I've taken a few CS classes in college so far, so I've a good enough idea of what you're doing to know how crazy it is. We've been hoping for this emu since the Combat Downgrade, 27 April 2005, we can wait longer.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 AM

Stuff happens.

You guys are still the best !
Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Former Community Manager

Thank you all for the generally positive response to this. It definitely makes things easier on us. Hopefully we'll have something ready for you next weekend. Stay tuned...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smusatto View Post
Thank you all for the generally positive response to this. It definitely makes things easier on us. Hopefully we'll have something ready for you next weekend. Stay tuned...
No problem shiz happens. We are all very pleased already with the progress and work you Devs are doing for this great game. Even if something goes wrong next weekend it wont bother me a bit, I will still support the community and the effort being put out on the emulator.

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Wink Who Cares

Eh, oh well, I still had an "interesting" time on the IRC server indeed.

We still lub you guys.

'Ah. Very good point. Triangles do exist in harmony.
I think we can all learn something from triangles"
Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 AM

Everyone needs to be patient & support the team in getting things sorted out
We've all been without pre cu for what nearly 2 years now a few more months isnt going to hurt anymore

Doing a great job guys keep it up
Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilius View Post
Ramsey, I WUV U!!
Great job dude. better luck next time

I just wanted to emphasise something Rams said on IRC just then, that i think realy stipulates why we're all here on THIS project:

I think that that is the attitude we all need to respect, and base our own attitudes on.

For for me, thankyou for going slow, thankyou for not pushing tests out that arent going to work, and thankyou for explaining yourself. You've gained (you already had) my respect, and my support.
i was unable to join the stress test but i just wanna send my regards, indeed, fast slop is the NGE all over again, and anyways i can kind of understand the whole thing about working on stuff that the players dont see, the keeping out the bugs that nobody ever thinks about
Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Taaack

now that ive calmed down a bit i once again realise that you guys were right-

but you wouldnt believe how many times this has happened to me... it hit me hard and i got PISSED OFF.

The first thing i saw was everyone in girl clothes with sabers, which made me go ****. then iw alked up to anchorhead, and i had 2 minute lag, which also made me curse. then after that i could either not connect or once i did have insane lag. i went "**** it" yelled at ramsey blocked him on xfire, left irc and went and beat the **** out of something outside. 4+ hours later, im fine. i just ****ing hate it when my high hopes get crushed over and ****ing over. It didnt help that i was on vent with 10 other pissed guildies...

Last edited by Taaack; 04-16-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 AM

Nice try, though. I'm glad to see the effort is there, and wish you guys luck on the next stress test.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 AM

Dude.. if people don't understand what you have to do to get this thing workin'.. screw em... Everyone is so impatient and wants everything now now now.. this is an ongoing process and I know the hardcore fans understand that. Don't let these other idiots bug ya
Old 04-16-2007, 01:17 AM

All i have to say is that u guys are doing a hell of a job!!! Keep it up!!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smusatto View Post
Considering the general reaming that the team took from the community about bans and other stuff recently, you guys have really raised the bar to show the community that you want us involved. You even did it to such a degree that you set the bar too high, too soon. Who cares if you missed it. You tried like crazy to make it. You gained information from this test that will improve the code. And you have a positive response from the community as a result.

Testing is about finding the holes so you can plug them. Having fun doing it is a bonus when things go right. I stood on pre-cu Tat soil tonight. It was worth four hours of my day just for five minutes of that.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 AM

Can't wait.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:37 AM

Keep up the good work guys! We love you!!
And if people can't understand.. *edit* em!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 AM

dont give up guys ,... we love u for what u do,... i do ,...

germany says: DONT GIVE UP !!!

sleep well and long guys! =)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: