SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.57 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 AM

Oh well, back to looking up pron...
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 AM

Don't worry and keep up the good work !
We'll still be there to test things when they need to be tested
Old 04-16-2007, 04:09 AM

Rams u have done more than the SOE team ever did by loggin on and sayin "hey were sry it didnt work right but whe are working for u" that SOE nevver trully did and thats wat makes te diference

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 AM

Don't listen to the selfish minority of idiots, this is a work in progress and these things always happen, you handled it very well, and the fact it was your first major upset. Don't fret it
Old 04-16-2007, 06:16 AM

I for one am glad you decided to hold off for a little bit. This was the underlying problem that SOE had. They would release half-finished code out long before it was ready (SOE admitted to coding the entire NGE in 6 mos) and when it wouldn't work right, they wondered why the fans were upset.

I believe that making software available "when it's ready" is a fundamental breakaway from SOE's system and I applaud it. Sure, there are plenty of mouthy people that will voice their..displeasure, but I think that people know that it's better in the long run.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:16 AM

u devs rule
Old 04-16-2007, 06:23 AM

/respect
Old 04-16-2007, 06:37 AM

OH well we still got a cool video ^^
Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 AM

we are with you man, until the end..
Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 AM

Great job to the dev team so far. Problems always arise, I came to the test knowing this, and I feel sorry for the people that were disappointed.

We all learn from out mistakes.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:47 AM

It's ok guys! Take your time, we all want it to be done, but to be done right would be much better! Thanks Go get some rest!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 AM

I agree with the team in getting it right from the start instead of the SOE approach of release the thing we can fix it as we go...... Take a look at coldfronts appraoch with the pirates of the burning sea for a year thats been promised instead of releasing it to appease the public theyre taking the time to release a working no fixes needed game....... yes it is frustrating but having days of downtime to fix things later is much worse

Keep up the good work guys every TRUE SWG fan is behind you
Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 AM

I'm really glad this emu got a devteam like you guys. If SOE had someone as open and competent as you, SWG wouldn't be in it's current mess. Keep up the great work and take your time, don't rush it the soe-way.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilius View Post
Ramsey, I WUV U!!
Great job dude. better luck next time

I just wanted to emphasise something Rams said on IRC just then, that i think realy stipulates why we're all here on THIS project:

I think that that is the attitude we all need to respect, and base our own attitudes on.

For for me, thankyou for going slow, thankyou for not pushing tests out that arent going to work, and thankyou for explaining yourself. You've gained (you already had) my respect, and my support.
Indeed!
And thx for the feedback ^_^x
Old 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM

The important thing is that you're moving in the right direction, even if that's just learning something you didn't already know. You may have bit off more than you could chew this time, but it's our failures that teach us more than our successes. Without them, victory never tastes as sweet.

I was just excited about hearing NPCs in the game. I missed out on the event, so I don't exactly know what all else was there. As for suggestions, I would say to make sure grouping is in no matter what. That, for whatever reason, is one of the things that made SWG so much fun (or really any MMO for that matter). Second, keep the events saved until special non-stress tests that can be more about fun than real tests. Events take a lot of work to get right, and you'd do better to save that kind of effort for the times when you're not as focused on getting the game right (or even just some features of it). For instance, have an event like you'd planned in a few months (guessing here) when you have combat 99%+ finished, grouping complete, factional TEFs in place and working, and missions complete. This gives the community a load to do while still having something for the developers to test- stability and interconnectivity of various features. It also is something more like real-game testing instead of feature or stress testing. This is also good for a heads up on what to expect later.

In the end, all I can say is keep it up. I'm constantly impressed with what this team is able to do. That's not meant to say that I had low expectations. When I heard Pre-CU SWG, I didn't expect anything less. But you're actually doing it, and you're not really taking your time, either. Nearly every week is another reason, posted on these boards, to keep up the hope as we're that much closer to seeing this become the reality we've all longed for it to be. I plan on running my own server of this when you release it (understanding the difference between released and finished), but I'll still donate enough for you to run your own server for at least a month. The payoff will certainly be worth that and more. I'm just not Daddy Warbucks.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: