SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post
You guys need someone with some experience in running online communities to get involved. Since you've rocked the boat with that little wipe tease, than prematurely pulled out, are you going to do anything else to attempt to stabilize the economy and re-introduce item balance? I mean, with things the far outside of the box going on, at a minimum you are missing out on a lot of testing feedback because some parts of the game do not get touched because they are virtually gated by imbalance.

How about:
  • Delete all of the accounts that obviously duped credits, and have toons with 999,999,999 credits
  • Review any logs associated with those toons, and delete paths of massive credit transfer
  • Remove any and all looted weapons that are outside of the possibility of the standard loot table
  • Delete all weapons that are obviously mutli-sliced, due to their damage range being outside of the possibility of the loot table
  • Delete the accounts of people who openly state they are violating the TOS in spatial, tells, and IRC by talking about: Selling items/credits, Exploiting, Sharing accounts, Duping.

I can't believe that you actually went though with posting that poll, included the phrase "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place" and yet you go and do exactly that. Seriously. I go back to my initial statement, you guys need to make an attempt to find someone who has experience running an online community. And you need to get them involved, before you implode your own corner of the internet by jerking people around like this.
I agree, action should be taken.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post

The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM

There are multiple witnesses of the vote changes before and after forum shutdown, as well as the constant stream of no votes in the last hours. The screenshots are just there to demonstrate the numbers.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo View Post
I really think we just got a glimpse of the future of SWGemu. Unless something is done RIGHT now, than this emulator is doomed. If a decision to wipe can cause the dev team to flip flop back and forth like this, what is going to happen when real decisions have to be made?

If this team lacks the back bone not to be swayed by a vocal minority, than how is it going to survive this thing out to the end?

Is that not what killed SWG?
No, what we got is just a glimpse on the so called "community". And unless many people just get their mind right, it's the community which has just doomed itself!

You all may not get facts some here straight:
THEY DON'T REALLY NEED ANYONE OF US! BUT WE ARE NEED THEM AND THEIR EXPERIENCE TO GET WHAT WE LIKE TO GET!

They could do it just behind closed doors like the ANH-Team, with just some handpicked testers. They let Nova open for everyone to play on while working on their improvements. They don't have to. They do for the communities sake. The "community" thanks them cheating on a community decision poll. And got flamed by many impatient childish morons when they pull the plug out of it when it went off the trail. GREAT!

I wish I could say I have never seen so much thankless folks, but unfortunately I have. It seems either being part of human nature or is just the common behaviour of our modern society.

I must say I just admire the Devs composure. If I were in charge here, most of this praised community would find him- or herself in front of a closed door, donations reverted, and the team would finish it's work with internal testers only. Lucky you that I'm not.
Oh well, and lucky me.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey37 View Post
Look, the opportunity cost to me is no ****ing blue frogs, which would have increased my enjoyability with this game. My christmas gift was promised and then denied because the givers became sensitive to their purchasing power. Shows a complete lack of complex thinking on their part just narrow-minded selfishness.

Speaking of narrow minded selfishness.

I was so relieved when blue frogs were taken off the test server. Putting them back in would ruin the game for me. I know they will most likely be back in for quite some time when the OR hits, but putting them in now would be a real downer for me, and yes I know it was gonna be two proffs and just for two weeks. It still would have greatly reduced my enjoyment of the game.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Show everyone this evidence if you are going to claim such things
Please don't play this game with them. I think you trying to point out that people make mistakes is more than enough. There was no maliciousness behind any of it, the exact opposite. It just didn't go as planned.

I believe the reasoning behind the idea was to clean the server of duped items and thus restoring a true economy. The problem is that the same duping method would still be three and thus everything would just go back to how they are right now. I dont know how this duping works but why cant whatever is involved just be removed? We lose a game feature but gain an economy.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.
/Applause Fn Applause

It seems so much more Vaderific when a Staffer says it.

It was an opinion poll at most..not a "vote that will be held as law. This is SWG EMU not Immigration Reform.

Quote:
Its been shown already but here:
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

The only user(s) capable of casting a negative vote is a moderator.
There was never any intention of doing a wipe.
This poll was done for one reason.... To put at rest the complaints many have made about exploits and dupes.
You would create this poll and say "Look at us! We LISTEN to our community!". But that wasn't to be.

The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.
Some people *really* need to get more sleep, or more fresh air or both...

Dude I hope you have the balls to apologize for such accusations on the devs when you realize your mistake...

Have you not seen the whole site go down during a deadlock and forum posts move from one thread to another ?

Have you never seen the message "database error" in your browser while only IRC was working ?

You think those were the evil devs plotting against you these times ?

No ?

So why would you think it was the case there ? Why such accusations towards the people bringing us this game during their free time ???

I really hope you realize your mistake and have the balls to apologize later...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Please do not go the route of name calling and insults to the community. Use your moderator privileges and edit/delete offending posts and posters. This only fuels the drama further.

Quote:
Believe me. I wish I was wrong.
I would be very pleased to find out that I have made a grave error in judgment.

Quote:
untrue, i started a poll a few days before the staff poll, the result was was a massive win for a wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-landi View Post
/Applause Fn Applause

It seems so much more Vaderific when a Staffer says it.

It was an opinion poll at most..not a "vote that will be held as law. This is SWG EMU not Immigration Reform.

Meh, throwup. How can you be so transparently worshipful and fanboi.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Putting in hours doesn't address the fact that many people wanted the wipe and you refused. People asked why? You tell them their "ignorant jerks".It's classic confirmation bias, you didn't get it so you pulled rank and said the same bull**** here. You attack the man not the argument. Boo-****ing-hoo. If it is such a burden to do this, then stop. Go play the victim in some other drama.

I mean jesus age christ. Grow the **** up. In the real world, people don't give a **** how LONG something takes--because their time is just as valuable.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Developer
Developer

kookaburra, I am having trouble viewing the second screenshot. Please post the full URL.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: