SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The issue isn't gratitude here. This decision was senseless, aggressively unfair, damaging to the integrity of the community, and rewarding of bad behavior.

To the "don't complain, it's free" crowd: would you complain if a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically? Your same principles would apply: you are not paying for SWGEmu, and you do not have a right to it. But at the end of the day, unfair treatment is unfair treatment. People seem to be content to overlook this when it favors them.
What precisely is unfair about this treatment?
  • The fact we get to play in their sandbox?
  • The fact they even solicited our opinion despite not needing to?
  • The fact they never promised they would wipe the server?
  • The fact they decided not to wipe based on several issues including possible vote fixing?
Personally, I'm not seeing the unfair part. And also for the record, none of my characters have any gear that is remotely uber, or more than 5k credits. So I'm no duper.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:39 PM

duchess that's because darkfall is terrible
Old 04-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Event Coordinator
Community Team

I think the moderators are going to find that the drama caused by the 200 people who cried about the server being wiped is gonna be insignificant to the 1000 who are enraged it isn't.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Ray View Post
duchess that's because darkfall is terrible
So is Coldplay, but I don't tell that to the person who listens to it . <3 Peace.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budias View Post
Think about that though. I uderstand that it's free but what kind of moron puts a poll gets people thinking there is going to be a wipe and then say oh nm? Alot of us understand it's free...but don't ask us for our vote and then piss on us.
The original post is pretty much clear about that point. They started a poll about an eventual wipe, and they did get answers and questions they didn't expect. The result is "forget it, was a mistake, thank you for the feedback". I don't see what's wrong with that.

On a side note, i did vote for a Wipe, though i'm playing around with a Faint character. As I said, I don't care if there is a wipe or not, as long as I know it's going to happen, or not. The server is being wiped? fine, gimme a shout when it's done so i can start over a new char and have a fun fresh beginning. No wipe? Fine, ill just keep playing my actual chars. Whatever it has been decided, i do respect the decision.

the angry few speak 10 times louder than the many who are content.

• That the staff closed the poll and erred on the side of the minority. If it were at all in doubt, why not make the choice that most people favored?
  • That the justifications for closing the poll rewarded the exact bad behavior it claimed to punish. ("No" voters were more likely to have dupe votes because dupers had something to gain by voting no.)
  • That staff very likely changed the poll by adding and removing votes to lessen the severity of their minority-pandering decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log.iC View Post
I come with gifts! It's like eChristmas around here.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StE4qllJho 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOKLwN2czk
Your post has actually given me A New Hope for the future.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM

We need an explanation or an apology or something. I know I'm going to get the WE DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Then why ask our opinion? Then why ask for our vote? They why cater to the minority? They why have a forum? Why, why, why?

BTW I'm pissed to all hell that we were underminded more then anything. But I'll continue to support SWGemu. But pissed as hell at the SOE move just pulled. To no end. Might not log in to TC for a good while off principle alone.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 PM

so I deleted all my characters for nothing?

IGNS: Loftkilla <STORM> - Rude Bwoy! | Anastasia <LOFTY> - Night Nurse | Loft <STORM> - Ninja Assassin
Helpful Links of SWGEmu | Newbie Guide to EMU | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a Beta Tester
<STORM> Combat Research | [LOFTY] Medical Resources and Crafting | Weapon Damage Formulae
Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoh View Post
Im pissed because they promised a wipe if the majority got the vote, the vast majority got it, and instead of keeping the promise, they tell us "Nevermind"...
Technically, the thing they backpedaled on was saying that the poll had too much room for bias, proxies, etc. The actual turn out of votes isn't really relevant to what they did because they didn't wait a whole two weeks like they said they were going to (now who was clamoring for them to just "wrap it up now"? Wasn't that the let's wipe "majority"? Hmm..). I can't help but find it amusing that so many people pissed about what happened are pissed not because of the reneging itself, but because they didn't get their wipe.

Really, as much as people say that the staff went with the "whining minority," keep in mind that whining from a minority was what brought about the poll and the possible user-based decision in the first place. Add to that the fact that the poll results have no proof of being accurate of user opinion in the first place; I remember at least a couple cases easily where someone said that they chose "yes" and then realized afterward that they didn't actually want a wipe.

It all reminds me of the speedhacking situation a while back and how people went bat**** insane because principles such as "cheating" were brought into the argument. "Dupers" seems to be the flavor of the month for riling the memberbase up.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by log.iC View Post
I come with gifts! It's like eChristmas around here.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StE4qllJho 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOKLwN2czk
thx for this!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeHoliday View Post
We need an explanation or an apology or something. I know I'm going to get the WE DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Then why ask our opinion? Then why ask for our vote? They why cater to the minority? They why have a forum? Why, why, why?
Because they had NO CLUE that the community would be so in favor of a wipe.
I'd be very curious to know the ACTUAL vote count (without the padding). I'd guess its about 3:1 in favor.

If instead of all this poll nonsense, they had just made an announcement that they were aware of the in-game problems but that there would be no server wipes in the immediate future, this who debacle would be a non issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftkilla View Post
No one asked or told you to do that m8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftkilla View Post
holy hell dude, plz tell me thats a joke.

and it did remind me of the guy that deleted all his skills while waiting for the CU because he thought that was what needed to be done to respec

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: