SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
On topic...
I'm still not getting in! What's going on?!
Server is down. Don't ask when it will be back up, it'll be up when it's up.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 PM

thanks guy; can't wait to play

bent my ears to hear.and closed my eyes to see.when there were no strings to play.you played to me in the book of loves own dream.where all the print is blood.where all the pages are my days.and all my lights grow old.when i had no wings to fly.you flew to me secret place of dreams.where i dreaming lay amazed.when the secrets all are told.and the petals all unfold.when there was no dream of mine.you dreamed of me
Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Location: Kashyyk, somewhere with my fellow comrades, amongst the ruins of the clone wars...
I know you guys are working really hard to get this done, but may I ask what's going on? It keeps phasing on and off, and I think it's just a little weird...
And most important of all:

We fixed what SomeOnE broke

Characters:

Eli Rogue - Warrior - TK Student -
Old 09-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I know you guys are working really hard to get this done, but may I ask what's going on? It keeps phasing on and off, and I think it's just a little weird...
from what i understand they are fixing bugs and thus restarting the server and locking it periodically. Either that or the "bug fixes" arent working as they should and crashing the server. im pretty sure they are working on the bugs though and shutting the server down for internal testing etc. It shouldnt matter much anyway since anything you do right now will be wiped later tonight.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM

Location: Kashyyk, somewhere with my fellow comrades, amongst the ruins of the clone wars...
Ahhh, ok, thanks for the update aire0n

Just asking, how long does it take to generate your first character?
And most important of all:

We fixed what SomeOnE broke

Characters:

Eli Rogue - Warrior - TK Student -

Last edited by Rouge; 09-14-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Query
Old 09-14-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, ok, thanks for the update aire0n

Just asking, how long does it take to generate your first character?
well it depends on how you are. If you really want your character looking the way you want it or if you are one of those people who just say uh screw it random and go.

well if you really want to try it will probably take you a good 10 minutes or 15. if not well then it usually takes like 3 minutes, its pretty easy unless you want your character to look perfect the way you want it.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Well when i login it says they will wipe the DB again tonight? So with that i would just make one and get in. start testing. But any work you do will be gone when they do a wipe of DB. Good luck!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:59 PM

Obscured among the baseless accusations and bitterness, Fettman does bring up a legitimate point:

Will the increased testing and activity that this update will bring make up for the time spent developing and implementing it that could have been used working on the OR, and by extension, Suncrusher?

And if not, than this patch should still be appreciated as a gift from the staff to the community, but not as signaling any major leap in progression or development.

Last edited by ANewHope; 09-14-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post
Obscured among the baseless accusations and bitterness, Fettman does bring up a legitimate point:

Will the increased testing and activity that this update will bring make up for the time spent developing and implementing it that could have been used working on the OR, and by extension, Suncrusher?

And if not, than this patch should still be appreciated as a gift from the staff to the community, but not as signaling any major leap in progression or development.
Unbelievable... this in my eyes is a a major huge leap of progression. When they started this project it wasn't playable. so, no he did not bring up a legitimate point. And to reiterate what someone said earlier about not working on the OR, only a certain amount of dev's can work on the OR at one time. The few that remain decided to do this in their free time to allow the community to have something to do instead of just waiting for the OR. This is a gift and a valuable portion of the progression of SWGEMU.

For those of you who think that this is not progression then you have bitterly mistaken something and take for granted what the devs are bringing to you. The OR came about because of this bit of code that you presume to be pointless to have. If not for this code that you Say is not progression towards suncrusher or what not then the OR would have never even been needed. You do need to consider that SWGEMU is not after a profit for this, they do all of it in their own time and strive to bring you what was once a great game. Fettman stated he's only been here for a short time And as though it appears my posts count are low and it seems I have not been here a long time this is wrong, ive been following the progression of SWGEMU and various other emulation communites in their struggle to bring us a quality product for a bit over 2 years. It is frustrating that people think that this is needless or pointless. It just seems that those that have not been following this project are those that have no idea what is progression and what isnt. In fact it doesnt even matter how long it takes because that is up to the devs, im sure they are aware that most of us want SWG as soon as we can get it. We have no right to sit here and say what they should be doing and what they shouldnt. We are spectators and supporters, not condemners.

Last edited by aire0n; 09-14-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post

That is a valid point, I tend to agree with the last poster. Max (or another) said that most folks are waiting for TheAnswer before they proceed with their section of the OR.

So those who aren't able to do any of the OR have been busy working on these latest additions, which would have been pushed off until after the OR, so they are still working on Suncrusher, by extension.

I'm quite happy to be testing and of use than sitting around doing nothing. If they would have waited for the OR, any bugs we find in the next few days/weeks before the OR comes out would have had to been addressed after. So its basically making the best use of your time.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:24 PM

If this didn't take any development time away from the OR, then great.

Even if it did, it's still nice.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
obvious troll is obvious! Don't let Ekowraith see you talk like that Corbaer. He hates anyone with a sense of humor!
You and I must have different definitions of "sense of humor". My definition doesn't include regurgitating anti-funny, inside-joke meme nonsense.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Quardoplex/Fettman, Why don't you just leave? You act like someone who doesn't want to be here, and from your responses, everyone dislikes you and would cheer you leaving. I was going to overlook your ban evasion, but now you are just wasting my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettman View Post
Who?

Anyway I havent left yet as i am looking for some ray of hope that this project isnt a front for you people to make money off of other peoples contributions at the moment, though it certainly looks like all this is is a front to one make your own server and two take the code and make commercial MMOs with it.

As for quadroplex dont know the guy as for ban vasion considering i just joined and havent been banned that doesnt make much sense either.

Also One thing i would like to point out for the ban happy out there, these forums constitute the documentation relating to a GPL licensed product as such it MUST be made available With the source code if that code or binaries are distributed which they are, the documentation is therefore considered under the GFDL (General Free Documentation License) So preventing anyone from access to it is against the GPL. Just thought i would point that out.

That said I think I will probably leave, and post about the attitude of this community and its agenda to take code contributed to an open source project and use it for commercial purposes on pertinent places. I wonder how SOE Will feel about the project when they get wind of that little detail.
LOL FAIL> maybe you should not have corrected Kyle's mispelling of your alterEMO i mean alterEgo toon if you where going to claim being dumb when we already know that fact.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
My definition doesn't include regurgitating anti-funny, inside-joke meme nonsense.
Nor does mine include being arrogant, pompous and condescending. But hey, to each his own I guess. Keep telling people how stupid they sound over the internet, it's working real well!

EDIT:

Sarcastic? Definitely.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazak View Post
LOL FAIL> maybe you should not have corrected Kyle's mispelling of your alterEMO i mean alterEgo toon if you where going to claim being dumb when we already know that fact.
Man! I ignored his spelling so much I didn't even CATCH that! Good call! Still wish they could ban IP addresses rather than just accounts...

|
|
|
V

I second the next post as this thread is dated for yesterday, Sunday September 13th, 2009. And it contains flame ridden grief.
Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of the economy, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by ShardFalcors; 09-14-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: I'm just that cool...
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: