SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:46 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.
If you're serious where would you like me to contact you? Here in PMs or on IRC?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Inactive Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
Can you please show me where to obtain the source?

Also how do I go about joining this exploitation team? I would like to stop the exploitation going on... including what is about to start up again.
You can obtain any open source things you need from our assembla page here. As for joining the Exploitation Team, please PM an admin with an exploit and they will tell you what the next step will be.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 AM
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
If you're serious where would you like me to contact you? Here in PMs or on IRC?
Dead serious, exploiters unite for the good for the good of the project. You can contact me on IRC.

Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 AM

Do you have a different server to test exploits on like sql injection that might damage or crash it.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozsnoop View Post
Do you have a different server to test exploits on like sql injection that might damage or crash it.
Of course we do.

Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

/emote grabs popcorn and intently watches

let whatever happens, happen.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Is this Exploitation Team, Official staff position inside the QA? or more like the Support "helpers", unofficial volunteer position.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozsnoop View Post
So much for zero-tolerance.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 AM

Complaining. Its a joke right. Seem there is a deep rooted corruption in this project. This whole project has really turned downhill. Some of the staff I think are really great. While others seem to be pure corrupt and abuse their power and letting friends do whatever they like.

Instead of covering up your corruption you just making open now. Letting hackers/exploiters to whatever they like because they are friends of staff. Ashur and storm got caught and others but now this a way to throw it back at the community that tried to stop it and hoping it would be fair but instead got just got attacked by the staff and now letting the same ones just hack/exploit and grief all they want. That staff member sit and chat with them about it knowing they were exploiting and hacking but was over looked because Ashur and crew is buddy with crush and kyle and other devs/staff.

They knew of the exploits and ran there hacks and was ok till the community started reporting it. This is how you deal with it. Just make it open now for them to cont. because they are friends of yours.

I and other have really have lost faith in this project. Trying to test and enjoy a fair and balanced for us all when letting others do what they want. When we try to report them we get threaten to mind our own business or be prema banned for it because it. I guess now no worries of that because your making so they can do as they like.

Btw you say no one exploited/hacked to jedi is bs man. You know he did and other but go ahead and try to cover it up. People aren't stupid as you think man. So if you wanna talk about corrupted staff and all take a look at yourself.

People like Ashur that are friend of you guys can say and do whatever they like knowing they can get away with it but people will open thier eyes and see its not just them but staff is also behind this. People do talk and leak out what you do also. It might just come back at you.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 AM

What kind of setup do you have for ip spoofing / SQL injection really? So if i get kyles ip address and spoof just my packets to the server. And then i use the @commands i could use them right? Or do you have a different client setup yet? That means i could use any GM online to spawn npcs and get things off of right? And also if i do this do i have direct access to the database from the chat/command line to start sql injection and create npcs / edit drop/loot tables on a active database. I mean i could cover my trails by putting it back the way it was. I would think that would cause a dead lock or even a crash if done on a active database. I'm really wondering what kind of protection you guys have. I would love to access that test database/server.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:27 AM

Rubber bands are the future.

Coming soon to an auto dealer near you... The Rubber Band powered automobile.

Then soon to follow.. Rubber Band powered Windows servers.

The possibilities are endless!

As far as the policy goes, I can understand it. However, giving Staff positions to griefers who don't even grief fair... it is very confusing. Not as confusing as NGE, but pretty damned close.

And I could probably come up with 100 nice things to say about the nameless one, but the fact remains .... blah, like you really care.

Whatever, thanks for all the work on Emu, you rock, etc.. etc.. etc.. Hopefully the community can get past it. Congrats on restoring faith in the integrity of the community.

Last edited by Yhor; 10-19-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 AM
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
Is this Exploitation Team, Official staff position inside the QA? or more like the Support "helpers", unofficial volunteer position.
It is more like an unofficial volunteer position.

Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneImportant View Post
So much for zero-tolerance.
no see this is the exception to the rule. When your buddy buddy with acouple of the top devs and you go cry to them for being banned for legit reasons its ok cause we aren't gonna let our boy stay banned and will let him do whatever he wants without having to worry about getting banned in the future.

The person i feel bad for is Max. He did a great job with how he handled the griefing and exploiting and now caue of aushors buddies he gets off without even a slap on the wrist a nice new promotion and a grief and exploit whoever whenever cause we don't give a damn what anyone else says card.

Tusken
Roodypooh
Spy
Ichigo
Old 10-19-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodypooh View Post
no see this is the exception to the rule. When your buddy buddy with acouple of the top devs and you go cry to them for being banned for legit reasons its ok cause we aren't gonna let our boy stay banned and will let him do whatever he wants without having to worry about getting banned in the future.

The person i feel bad for is Max. He did a great job with how he handled the griefing and exploiting and now caue of aushors buddies he gets off without even a slap on the wrist a nice new promotion and a grief and exploit whoever whenever cause we don't give a damn what anyone else says card.
^This!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: