SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:30 AM

Dreams is one thing, but posting nonsense or just posting whatever comes off the top of your head really doesn't help. Instead maybe think about what you want to say then put it together in a way that is constructive to the community as a whole or at least constructive towards one person.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:30 AM

personally i wouldnt get mad at the community ramsey. First website we had the community was insanely involved in my opinion then like some people have said above they got flame poo thrown at them so everyone backed down and thats the reputation emu team was stuck with. Hard mean jerks. But you guys have taken a turn in your attitude so slowly people are comming out of there hole.. imo
Old 03-31-2007, 12:32 AM

Here's some input. I feel like you guys run the forums like nazis and are extremely unorganized, so I'm keeping my time uninvested. Prove me wrong, and perhaps I'll start to make more contributions, but as of right now expectations are low still.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:34 AM

To be honest, Oru and TA are the only people with real skills on this team. I'm not denying that Ultyma and Ramsey have skills, but they just lack in common sense. Its really sad to see their egotistical ways corrupting TA, and Oru as well. TA used to be a very nice person. But now he just participates in goofing off with the rest of them. How can you expect us to follow the rules when you do not follow them yourselves? There are plenty of examples of when they were very immature... Remember how Ultyma banned the first person that came in the test, and Ramsey and Seaseme laughed and got a real kick out of that? Yeah, thats real mature. I know I will not be in this community much longer. Believe me, I would love to see this community improve, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. You want to hear the community feedback, but you are dissapointed when you dont like what you hear. The community has the real say in what goes on, without the community, your nothing.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Silent Boba Fett

Hmm lets see.

From the beginning the community was told it wasn't about them. It was about you and you wanting to play SWG. Since then numerous good folks have been banned or removed for questioning you. You've had one dev run off with a considerable amount of donation cash. You've driven off some good folks like Anzel. Hired nazis to patrol your forums. And snap at people if they say something in IRC you don't agree with.

Did I miss something?

We have been saying all along you can't treat the general community like **** and expect them to follow behind you.

And I think now you are seeing that.

A lot of folks are here because they want to play SWG again and are just waiting to see if you guys ever deliver. They don't want to talk to you. They really don't want to be part of your community. They just want to play swg again.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:41 AM

Maybe having an official progress/update thread that is posted every week at the same time. Would give everyone something to look forward to every week. Could be a video or a few screenshots just to keep everyone up to speed.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

No one is being banned anymore, so I dont see why everyone is dwelling in the past. we've changed heh, Im asking how we can improve, not bashing what went wrong before.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Po-ooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
No one is being banned anymore, so I dont see why everyone is dwelling in the past. we've changed heh, Im asking how we can improve, not bashing what went wrong before.
Ramsey, I just got 10 minute banned.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:01 AM

My dear Ramsey, this is where you are wrong, Im afraid. You see, there is a 0.001% chance that Ultyma will EVER change his ways. He is too egotistical. And ban happy for that matter. He may have some skill in packet structuring, but all he likes to is be unkind in general. His favorite think is saying 'kthx.' then banning someone. Tell me you have never seen this happen. And you can NOT hide your past under a rug, its just not that simple. Like remember how you tried to get my *cough*anotheremuforumyoudontlike*cough* password, just so you can spy on them? Yeah, real mature. Like Miscillian said, try banning us. Your just disreguarding your post about no more bans. What a hypocrite.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:10 AM

First of all STOP the dev bashing! its not helping.
Last, isnt asking for posts for the devs to troll through then try and implement a little premature? Lets just start with a server. Easy to get to and Permanent. Your community will follow.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Silent Boba Fett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
No offense man, but you guys do the "no really we've changed! we'll do better" thing more than SOE did.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 AM

errr... i mean, it been like what, almost 3 years?? if all the past forums databased could been recovered u could practicaly answer all the questions with "... use the search batton dude..." or "read the FAQ". Like general stuff, themes of conversations gets old, simply as that. Like most of the developers, mods, admis, people have move on, got married and childrens. U can only keep people on the edge of their seats for a time, then as me, i just come by a couple of times a month to see how things r doing.

And btw, why try to revive the forums if Ultyma likes the irc better...? nuff said.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

conjre, your ban was an acidental auto script. check your pms.

Quote:
No offense man, but you guys do the "no really we've changed! we'll do better" thing more than SOE did.
We arent soe, which is why we're opening up to opinions. If you dont give things a chance things will never change.

We dont ban those who do not deserve it, which is fair.

Last edited by Ramsey; 03-31-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 AM

Thank you very much Ramsey, gotcha.

◄▒▒╫╫╫╫▒╘ ╛╫⌠██████████████████████████████████████████)
Old 03-31-2007, 02:29 AM

If you want a better community, Make a better website with better forums.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: