SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-13-2009, 01:24 AM
inyri inyri is offline
Retired Game Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 841
Talk to a forum admin about your multiple accounts, not a dev. PhantomLeader would be your best bet.
__________________
Retirement is the best gift life can give.
  #62  
Old 04-13-2009, 01:50 AM
corumanime corumanime is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Thanks! Would be nice to get that cleared up
  #63  
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Ekaika Ekaika is offline
Retired Community Deputy Director
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oahu
Posts: 5,073
Just email be a brief summary of that, with account names. No need to panic, we'll get it resolved.
  #64  
Old 04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Kvothe Kvothe is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
Hehe, I know I am new here, but wow..Some people do not use their brains.

Okay, I see a lot of questions saying "What's to stop people from lieing and creating multiple accounts"
Admins respond with "We're paying attention" (I am paraphrasing here)
So you people automatically assume that means jack squat and anyone can cheat the system.

But here I am to explain it. If a person says they need multiple accounts on their computer for each family member, cool. One person logs into one account at a time. Since let's say a Dad goes on to play, he's using the client. Then his son wants to go on. Dad gets off, son goes on. Still only one client running.

Liars' turn. Person who says they need multiple accounts for family, cool. When playing SWG said person has 2+ clients running Emu all at once...Now, gee does that sound like a Dad playing on one client and a son on the other at the same time? Nope, obviously a liar and will probably be banned as such.

Anyways, that is what I got from that.
  #65  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM
EVILJUDE EVILJUDE is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,183
your logic is flawed. what if the dad and the son what to be on at the same time, so the father can play the game with his son.....take him around, battle together.
__________________
  #66  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Kvothe Kvothe is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
On the same computer? that is what the arguement is...On separate computers that is completely possible and wouldn't be a problem at all with banning. The problem as I see it is running multiple accounts on ONE computer at once. Now tell me...how can both the father and son play at the same time on one computer with one mouse, one screen, one keyboard? Shall I continue..
  #67  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Zadokk Zadokk is offline
Euro-Chimaera Representative
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: England
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post
Hehe, I know I am new here, but wow..Some people do not use their brains.

Okay, I see a lot of questions saying "What's to stop people from lieing and creating multiple accounts"
Admins respond with "We're paying attention" (I am paraphrasing here)
So you people automatically assume that means jack squat and anyone can cheat the system.

But here I am to explain it. If a person says they need multiple accounts on their computer for each family member, cool. One person logs into one account at a time. Since let's say a Dad goes on to play, he's using the client. Then his son wants to go on. Dad gets off, son goes on. Still only one client running.

Liars' turn. Person who says they need multiple accounts for family, cool. When playing SWG said person has 2+ clients running Emu all at once...Now, gee does that sound like a Dad playing on one client and a son on the other at the same time? Nope, obviously a liar and will probably be banned as such.

Anyways, that is what I got from that.
I think you're assuming that there's only one PC in the house. In my house we have three computers networked on at the same time plus the capacity for more (both me and my brother, for instance, have a laptop each). Plus some people might play in offices or be part of some sort of residential gateway where the IP address will be the same for everyone playing and where you would expect more than one person logged on at the same time. Furthermore if there is a LAN party or a 'games night' of some sort then you can bet that there could be anywhere up to 100 people on at the same time... maybe more depending on the size of the event.
__________________
Zadokk
Euro-Chimaera Representative
Master Bio-Engineer


Euro-Chimaera is Europe's Premier SWG Pre-CU Server Community
Also check out GalaxiesBook (for all your Pre-CU info) and TrueGalaxies (The US's Premier Server)

zadokk@euro-chimaera.co.uk | euro-chimaera.co.uk
  #68  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM
jat5560 jat5560 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post
Hehe, I know I am new here, but wow..Some people do not use their brains.

Okay, I see a lot of questions saying "What's to stop people from lieing and creating multiple accounts"
Admins respond with "We're paying attention" (I am paraphrasing here)
So you people automatically assume that means jack squat and anyone can cheat the system.

But here I am to explain it. If a person says they need multiple accounts on their computer for each family member, cool. One person logs into one account at a time. Since let's say a Dad goes on to play, he's using the client. Then his son wants to go on. Dad gets off, son goes on. Still only one client running.

Liars' turn. Person who says they need multiple accounts for family, cool. When playing SWG said person has 2+ clients running Emu all at once...Now, gee does that sound like a Dad playing on one client and a son on the other at the same time? Nope, obviously a liar and will probably be banned as such.

Anyways, that is what I got from that.
And what's your answer to the people who have more than 1 computer???? as been covered, sorry.
  #69  
Old 04-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Kvothe Kvothe is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
This was my explanation for people with only one computer guys. Not multiple computers.

If you want me to explain how to avoid sticky situations with multiple computers and one router meaning one IP..That's already been answered and I didn't think I'd have to put that in my post but here it goes.

Email the administrators the names of those accounts!! Simple as that.

Now, if your saying if a person has multiple accounts with multiple computers, I have no idea how the admins/devs would figure out how they can tell who is lieing and who isn't. Hopefully, these people (the liars) won't screw everything up with people who only have one router, with multiple family members.
Anyways, I guess that's all I have to say...If my logic is flawed, so be it.
  #70  
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Ekaika Ekaika is offline
Retired Community Deputy Director
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oahu
Posts: 5,073
This isn't the place for your crusade. I need this thread to be a place for new users to post their queries. Stop spamming the thread. All of you.
  #71  
Old 04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Ekaika Ekaika is offline
Retired Community Deputy Director
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oahu
Posts: 5,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvothe View Post
Now, if your saying if a person has multiple accounts with multiple computers, I have no idea how the admins/devs would figure out how they can tell who is lieing and who isn't. Hopefully, these people (the liars) won't screw everything up with people who only have one router, with multiple family members.
Anyways, I guess that's all I have to say...If my logic is flawed, so be it.
To those of you participating in jat's little war. We're not going to explain how the system works. But it works. Everyone is being taken care of by our staff, and the system is working. So stop trying to figure it out, all of you. We have enough checks in place to address what we need addressed. Please, for the love of pineapples, let it go.
  #72  
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Kvothe Kvothe is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5
My apologies, I was just trying to help out. I guess I made it worse without even meaning it to. Anyways, the point of that post was that I have faith in the devs.

Erm, if this is spam you can delete it. I just thought I'd say that.
  #73  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:24 AM
jat5560 jat5560 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
To those of you participating in jat's little war. We're not going to explain how the system works. But it works. Everyone is being taken care of by our staff, and the system is working. So stop trying to figure it out, all of you. We have enough checks in place to address what we need addressed. Please, for the love of pineapples, let it go.

How offensive "Jat's little war" I may be the most vocal but if you think I'm the only one who is interested in this topic, you are way off base. I assure you, there are MANY people who have multiple accounts at this very moment that you and the staff have no idea about. When SC goes live and the accounts are then associated with it, those guys will slip right under your radar. Good Luck - sincerely.
  #74  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
lunatec lunatec is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savage
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jat5560 View Post
How offensive "Jat's little war" I may be the most vocal but if you think I'm the only one who is interested in this topic, you are way off base. I assure you, there are MANY people who have multiple accounts at this very moment that you and the staff have no idea about. When SC goes live and the accounts are then associated with it, those guys will slip right under your radar. Good Luck - sincerely.
I am going to make this as clear as I possibly can (sorry Ek for feeding the trolls here)

1. You do not need more than 1 account. A person can log in 10102383 computers on the same account, and you can also run multiple instances on the same computer. There is no cap on the number of toons on an account. YOU DO NOT NEED MORE THAN 1 ACCOUNT. PERIOD.

2. Those who are running multiple accounts will be caught, one or both accounts will be banned for the violation.

3. Arguing this any further is pointless and a waste of time. 1 person, 1 account. This cannot be made any clearer.
__________________

  #75  
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 PM
jat5560 jat5560 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I am going to make this as clear as I possibly can (sorry Ek for feeding the trolls here)

1. You do not need more than 1 account. A person can log in 10102383 computers on the same account, and you can also run multiple instances on the same computer. There is no cap on the number of toons on an account. YOU DO NOT NEED MORE THAN 1 ACCOUNT. PERIOD.

2. Those who are running multiple accounts will be caught, one or both accounts will be banned for the violation.

3. Arguing this any further is pointless and a waste of time. 1 person, 1 account. This cannot be made any clearer.
You obviously didn't read the entire thread. We are not talking about NOVA, we are talking about post-nova when the nova accounts get associated with SunCrusher.

See the point is, even though we can create as many toons as we want on NOVA, it is obviously not going to stay like that on SC. So what people are doing is getting their multi-accounts set up now so that when SC hits and the # of toons we are allowed to create drops to 1 or 2 per account, they will already be set.

Also, no one is talking about logging in more than 1 of their toons at the same time. We are talking about how easy it will be to break this rule, lie and cheat the system and still have as many toons as the player wants.

Do you really think the project is getting 100 new users a day?

If that isn't clear, I don't know how else to explain it to you.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.