SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 05:51 PM

Thank you staff!!!! Thank you for making a no excuses stance on this. It is sad that we even have to do this, with this many people around though there are bound to be more than a few dumb ass's.

:ROCK:

Azaree Noise/Kettemoor
Mayor/Beggars Canyon
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Holy Moly

I am very very proud of you guys today! Two big thumbs up! This is the BEST post I've ever seen on these forums!

I support your decision 100%!

Stay Hard!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

Aw, I didn't get a chance to vote.

Either way, what ****ing loser would cheat on an Emulator?

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Fantastic! Thank you!

MBH/MP - Chimera
Old 10-15-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Decision has been made and it needs to be respected.

I do however think that a warning or two before perma-banning someone is in order, everyone deserves a second chance no matter how much they screw up.

I also think that retroactive implementation of this rule is a bit harsh. It should be used in any future cases of hacks, exploits, etc. But people that used hacks and are now banned maybe wouldn't have done it if they had known that such measures would be taken against them.

But whats done is done, rules are rules and we all must obey them.

P.S. I'm not opposing this rule, nor am I trying to change public opinion, I am simply stating my own opinion on this matter.
This is total BS,The people that this type of policy aims at are activly working within a group to break/create situations that is a hack/cheat there is no misunderstanding.Its like giving drunk drivers a warning,a drunk driver is no better than a terrorist throwing a grenade on a bus.

i HATE cheaters with a passion when they try to do it in MMOs its even worse,id like to put up a website with names/adresses of ppl caught cheating.it shows a total lack of moral fiber or regard for other people and without any real accountability they will just grow in secret with other fungas and molds.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Sadly, None of these people would help us fix issues, let us know they even exist, or admit that they do when asked point blank. They're not interested in helping the project or testing the game, they're interested in making sure they're better than everyone else and in messing with people.
That about sums it up right there. Hackers care about one thing...themselves.

As for the policy change, I'm all for it. I'm sure you guys won't take that responsibility lightly and carry around a large Ban-Stick +6 and wave it recklessly. The decision to perma-ban shouldn't be taken lightly no doubt.

My only concern is the decision to continue on with the speed-hack check which is creating the rubber-banding. Will the dev team get sidetracked with all the hacks that show up? This is going to be open source so won't there always be new hacks showing up? Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on finishing the project first and perma-ban the cheaters? I could easily see the project become bogged down in anti-hacking fixes which will drain development resources from finalizing SWGEmu.

But at any rate, I trust you guys will figure that all out too, just something on my mind.

Thanks for the update, you guys are the best. If SOE took a fraction of the time you guys do to listen to the concerns of their players, they wouldn't be in a world of hurt...well it would probably take more that just that but it would have helped.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
Aw, I didn't get a chance to vote.

Either way, what ****ing loser would cheat on an Emulator?
Once again, Nedak couldn't be more right!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Thank you SWGEMU team.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 PM
SWGEmu Support Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman7381 View Post
Once again, Nedak couldn't be more right!
Nice, a fan?

Need help? /Join #swgemusupport
Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 PM

This is an example of why I have strived to climb the ranks so enthusiastically upon my joining. Max, I won't let you down!

/salute

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM

Noted and thank you for everything you all do. It is so great to be back in the game!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
This is an example of why I have strived to climb the ranks so enthusiastically upon my joining. Max, I won't let you down!

/salute
Ok, new guy.

SWGEmu... Because somewhere, somehow, Julio Torres is crapping himself.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 PM

When many people have to pay the price of a few who break the rules, it is not right and we all know this. The majority of the people agree, are happy with, and support the new policy and the perma-band.

The Emu Team did not make this decision without much consideration. The Emu Team did not ban anyone without good reason, without warning, or without appeal. The Emu Team will not discuss players banned with the community. This means you only hear one side of a story. (this is more respect than a lot of people give the Emu Team)

I've seen the Emu Team put a lot of effort and energy into consideration towards the players (let alone the effort they put into bringing ol' SWG back). Their posts are generally professional and rarely personal, which I can't say the same for a lot of the players.

If a player does something wrong once or vary rarely, then it is obvious they are not trying to repeat it and therefore not exploit it. If a staff member tells you to stop and you do, then I doubt there will be a problem. Have a little trust in the Emu Team. They aren't perfect, but they've gotten us this far. And that is saying a lot. Personally, I'm glad I've been along for the ride.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 PM

Well for a EMU thats is free perma ban is the only way. People dont actually pay to play its free so to get rid of the exploiters and such only way is to perma ban. Cause if you paid and your account gets banned for a week you loose the money you paid for that account. here you just loose a few days of free play.

I support this fully!!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 PM

go team!
Thanks for responding to our desires Max, and thank you for spending the hours listening to us the other night.

-Bowen

Because every flame wars ends up in a battle of spelling ... [Profanity removed. Please do not try to evade the filter. -PL-]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: