SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
Exactly. Your arguing that this has been undemocratic is quite possibly the best evidence that this process has been unfair.

But suppose a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically. Would you then choose not to complain, due to the free nature of the SWGEmu? After all, you're entitled to nothing. But at the end of the day, we understand that unfair treatment is unfair treatment.

EDIT: Mistakenly wrote that Kraschman voted against the wipe.
Oh I could complain theoretically, but I'd have no power to actually change the result, so it's still moot.

We've playing in the dev's sandbox. We all know this. If we don't like it, we are free to go elsewhere or make our own server like ANH is doing. That's fair. I'm not a dev. I don't nor should I expect to have the same authority as a dev decision-wise. If I wanted it, I'd become a dev. That's fair.

Equality of opportunity does not imply equally of results. Just because everyone doesn't end up the same is not unfair. It's life.

Let's get back to playing and testing.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:19 PM

Ya know as just another player I realize my opinion means nothing. However I will state it anyways, It is a Test Center that we all play for free. The devs have taken ALOT of their time reworking, coding, debugging, hosting, helping, and trying to take part in this project. I know I also develop software. So I have an idea of what they are going through. All of the hostility towards them is unneeded If you want to ***** and complain.. About a game you play for free and do absolutely nothing to support.. Then in my opinion. You should just leave. /shrug
Old 04-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
Actually it was more of a "Oh geezuz, I'm arguing with helmet-wearing doorknob licker. I think I'm going to stop now."

There isn't much point into getting into a logical debate with someone insisting "... there is no other possible explanation."

I could have also gone with a picture of Morbo from Futurama yelling STATISTICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! to your grossly inaccurate 1-in-6 example with the dice roll, but I try to limit myself to 1 image macro per internet argument.

so i give you stats, facts, and numbers.

you give me funny cartoons and name calling.

you win..if we were all in the 3rd grade i guess.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
so i give you stats, facts, and numbers.

you give me funny cartoons and name calling.

you win..if we were all in the 3rd grade i guess.
You can use statistics to "prove" anything.

Scientists used to use the same data to "prove" global COOLING they now use for global warming.

What you REALLY gave were stats, your interpretation of the facts based on limited info, and numbers. All well and good, assuming your interpretation is accurate that is.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Devs. . .you have a KNOWN credit dupe that you can take care of with a server wipe. A credit dupe that damages the entire community and you refuse to do it. . . . .someone help me out here I'm confused.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:48 PM

More playing, Less crying.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
Let's get back to playing and testing.

99.99999999% of players here don't test.

New loot tables is great, but whats the point when there is a million OP weapons still around. You say "decay will solve that", which makes me laugh.

Yea maybe 2 years from now.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
You realize this is how you are acting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc
OMG I really needed this good laugh ! Thanks Baigs !
Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit6 View Post
99.99999999% of players here don't test.

New loot tables is great, but whats the point when there is a million OP weapons still around. You say "decay will solve that", which makes me laugh.

Yea maybe 2 years from now.
I haven't said anything about decay.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Wow 60 pages of mostly crap. You should make polls more often lol. I was for the wipe and removal of frogs. Giving folks easy options and easy gameplay = NGE. And I really don't blame the devs for this. This is why I look forward to a smaller server with a controlled, mature population.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunofiasco View Post
OMG I really needed this good laugh ! Thanks Baigs !
Glad to entertain

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneImportant View Post
I see, so the majority vote doesn't matter? What a shame.
GG meet u at ANH
Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 PM

/sigh The discussion was actually getting more mature and positive back on about page 56ish. Seriously people if you don't like the emu or the choices the dev team has made either choose to keep playing or leave. Don't post negative comments on here that bring down the community as a whole.

There are plenty of people here that just want to move forward, have fun, and focus on bettering this community. Please think about the community as a whole before you post.

Thanks for the updates cRush. I will enjoy the new loot table. Thank you all for your hard work.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM

Well after all it is a test server, It needs to be wiped. I don't even want to bother playing on it again until it is. But that's my opinion and we're all entitled to our opinion. Im actually surprised they didn't just wipe it. Would have been much simpler.

SWGEmu Encourges The"Less QQ More Pew Pew"Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
DO proceed to eat cookies and drink milk. Statistically 83.77% of players are able to deal with 'DB Shock' (TM) better after a serving of milk and cookies.
| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | SWGEmu Client Setup Guide | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums | |
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyGrain View Post
Well at least I can play again without thinking about the wipe

....The vast majority did vote to wipe, and it was your Idea.... did yall think everyone would be happy???
The majpority DID vote to wipe, i was happy nd excited but i guess the majority< 10 whiners
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: