SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.
Believe me. I wish I was wrong.
I would be very pleased to find out that I have made a grave error in judgment.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.
Putting in hours doesn't address the fact that many people wanted the wipe and you refused. People asked why? You tell them their "ignorant jerks".It's classic confirmation bias, you didn't get it so you pulled rank and said the same bull**** here. You attack the man not the argument. Boo-****ing-hoo. If it is such a burden to do this, then stop. Go play the victim in some other drama.

I mean jesus age christ. Grow the **** up. In the real world, people don't give a **** how LONG something takes--because their time is just as valuable.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey37 View Post
Putting in hours doesn't address the fact that many people wanted the wipe and you refused. People asked why? You tell them their "ignorant jerks".It's classic confirmation bias, you didn't get it so you pulled rank and said the same bull**** here. You attack the man not the argument. Boo-****ing-hoo. If it is such a burden to do this, then stop. Go play the victim in some other drama.

I mean jesus age christ. Grow the **** up. In the real world, people don't give a **** how LONG something takes--because their time is just as valuable.

I only mentioned the time to refute the assumption that we never wanted the wipe to happen in the first place. Why would we create more work for ourselves when we could have just sat on TC for the months to come with very little fallout? Please see the forest for the trees and take off the blinders. Try using some logic.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Last edited by odwill; 04-27-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Please see the forest for the trees an take off the blinders.
QFE.

Forest for the trees, people.

Saber Trails Enhanced Mod | SWGEmu YouTube Videos
Maximus | Mona | Mau
<DOOM>
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 PM

mehhh
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I only mentioned the time to refute the assumption that we never wanted the wipe to happen in the first place. Why would we create more work for ourselves when we could have just sat on TC for the months to come with very little fallout? Please see the forest for the trees an take off the blinders. Try using some logic.
For starter you last analogy doesn't fit. It refers going to the general from the specific, which I was in referring to your inability to address the concerns of the Majority (Forest in you didactic), for your own petty victimhood (trees).

Time not spent does not show cause, as a negative is not an affirmative. Logic? You lost that on word two. "I only"

everyone one else be Dammned. Your blameless because you "worked" sooo long because you said your sorry because you feel everyone else should just "get you"

You exhibit childhood chatter syndrome.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM

Hi guys,

I normaly don't tell my views in discussions like that but I have 2 massive problems with the actual situation:

1.)

Quote:
You think he/she is wrong? Ok no problem! You want to tell us that it's not your fault how unhappy the people are and that you have put in a lot of work? Understood and much appreciated! BUT never ever should someone of the community lead(GM, Community Managers, Devs) ever call community members like this. Why? Because if someone from the devs speak like this everyone else will shortly talk like this...

2.)

I have no problem with the decision of the devs to don't do a wipe even if I voted for a wipe.
BUT you state SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Now my problem is if you do a poll (which you don't need to) you HAD TO do whatever the poll result is. Just because of the morale of the community as this community think they are a big part of the project. If you need to do the opposite of the poll result just "modify" the poll result. It will not have that much impact on the community as the actual solution...

BTW for all that think the devs do it in their free time and we have no rights do critism just think about what will happen to all the hard work if we always say "Yes, Yes,..." - everytime the community will loose people until no people are there anymore. The devs worked hard but no one left to thank them or honor their work.

After that said I still have trust into this project and I am sure the devs will learn a lot from these events.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Its been shown already but here:
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

The only user(s) capable of casting a negative vote is a moderator.
There was never any intention of doing a wipe.
This poll was done for one reason.... To put at rest the complaints many have made about exploits and dupes.
You would create this poll and say "Look at us! We LISTEN to our community!". But that wasn't to be.

The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.
Some people *really* need to get more sleep, or more fresh air or both...

Dude I hope you have the balls to apologize for such accusations on the devs when you realize your mistake...

Have you not seen the whole site go down during a deadlock and forum posts move from one thread to another ?

Have you never seen the message "database error" in your browser while only IRC was working ?

You think those were the evil devs plotting against you these times ?

No ?

So why would you think it was the case there ? Why such accusations towards the people bringing us this game during their free time ???

I really hope you realize your mistake and have the balls to apologize later...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.
untrue, i started a poll a few days before the staff poll, the result was was a massive win for a wipe.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Look, the opportunity cost to me is no ****ing blue frogs, which would have increased my enjoyability with this game. My christmas gift was promised and then denied because the givers became sensitive to their purchasing power. Shows a complete lack of complex thinking on their part just narrow-minded selfishness.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey37 View Post
Look, the opportunity cost to me is no ****ing blue frogs, which would have increased my enjoyability with this game. My christmas gift was promised and then denied because the givers became sensitive to their purchasing power. Shows a complete lack of complex thinking on their part just narrow-minded selfishness.

Speaking of narrow minded selfishness.

I was so relieved when blue frogs were taken off the test server. Putting them back in would ruin the game for me. I know they will most likely be back in for quite some time when the OR hits, but putting them in now would be a real downer for me, and yes I know it was gonna be two proffs and just for two weeks. It still would have greatly reduced my enjoyment of the game.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 PM

I have no idea what those two images are supposed to portray. What is that evidence of? That someone can take an SS? I'm completely missing something, obviously.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM

There are multiple witnesses of the vote changes before and after forum shutdown, as well as the constant stream of no votes in the last hours. The screenshots are just there to demonstrate the numbers.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

I believe the reasoning behind the idea was to clean the server of duped items and thus restoring a true economy. The problem is that the same duping method would still be three and thus everything would just go back to how they are right now. I dont know how this duping works but why cant whatever is involved just be removed? We lose a game feature but gain an economy.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Developer
Developer

kookaburra, I am having trouble viewing the second screenshot. Please post the full URL.
Closed Thread