SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM

VERY WELL SAID EVERYONE !

I agree, keeping the public interested should be #1

without the public swgemu would only do good for the ones making it .even when it came out originally by sony, they advertised, kept people up to date on information.etc

just like with anything in the world,keep the public wanting it and youll be on top !!!

without the want it dies.
without domand its gonna just sit there.

but granted you gain acomplishment for creating it and the satisfaction of saying i helped make that happen. but now what?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:26 PM

without the community there would be no guilds, there would be NO PVP! credits would be worth nothing, items would be meaningless.

we need the EMU, fullfill our dreams of having our glorious game back!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman888 View Post
without the community there would be no guilds, there would be NO PVP! credits would be worth nothing, items would be meaningless.

well said.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:15 PM

Devs,
We know that just because we don't get constant updates, it doesn't mean you aren't doing anything. Just remember that just because some of us aren't on the forums or ig all the time, it doesn't mean the interest has dwindled. We are patient, we are watching, we are letting you do your job, and we are still behind you 100%
Old 11-28-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigius View Post
Devs,
We know that just because we don't get constant updates, it doesn't mean you aren't doing anything. Just remember that just because some of us aren't on the forums or ig all the time, it doesn't mean the interest has dwindled. We are patient, we are watching, we are letting you do your job, and we are still behind you 100%
This is the position of all of my SWG friends. Very well said.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM

i really would like you guys to at least include instruments, in the starting kit on the tc, i mean, as starter items

Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieman888 View Post

Amen.

"MÃy God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General Patton -*
Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 PM

gonna hate me..

any idea when you guys will be realsing code? and what is the link to the devwiki?

SWGEmu Encourges The"Less QQ More Pew Pew"Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
DO proceed to eat cookies and drink milk. Statistically 83.77% of players are able to deal with 'DB Shock' (TM) better after a serving of milk and cookies.
| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | SWGEmu Client Setup Guide | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums | |
Old 11-28-2007, 08:38 PM

I have to agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigius View Post
Devs,
I've had a username for this forum for a little while now and never had a real reason to post that often. The above Quote describes myself and I'm sure many others directly to the point, and could not have been worded any better. There are those of us that are behide the devs working on this project 100%, and stay updated to the best of our ability, and at the same time to not wish to get in the way. Sure I wish I could contribute to this, however I know its over my head so I stay out of the way and read when information is posted.

Anyway, the point of my long winded post is to point out that yes, the people are still out here, still supporting the SWG EMU. And as long as the few jackasses out there that would abuse their work don't screw this up, releasing whats complete should be a great step toward the finish line.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 PM

I'm confused and don't want to sound greedy But for years I have ran private servers for fun through my collage and on the net. I wanted know if this would mean the project open for people like me to run my own server or the way being released just to work on part of the core but still not able to run a server.

Heck maybe I can now not sure hehe back when I first joined it was closed source with no bins. There was no way run a server at all.

So I guess my question is can we run our own server now?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanechart View Post
I'm confused and don't want to sound greedy But for years I have ran private servers for fun through my collage and on the net. I wanted know if this would mean the project open for people like me to run my own server or the way being released just to work on part of the core but still not able to run a server.

Heck maybe I can now not sure hehe back when I first joined it was closed source with no bins. There was no way run a server at all.

So I guess my question is can we run our own server now?
No, and the FAQ is a wonderful place to find all of the answers to any questions that you may have.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:01 AM

So basically, it will take years to complete with just the 4 of you working on it and by then anyone who is still left won't be interested in playing the game anymore - as a result, you've decided to release it open source in the hopes of some devs actually picking it up and completing it before everyone simply loses interest in it all together - correct?

Is that what's happening more or less?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM

The devs said recently they were thinking about putting a quest creation tool together. Anyone know if that is being worked on now that open source is coming back?

And did they say LUA will not be used? I'm just asking here because I lack the caffeine-induced motivation it requires to search the rest of the forums for the answer this early in the morning.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM

nice update!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Nice to hear that more people can now help out to speed up development.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: