SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:13 AM

Excellent work guys! Just that much closer to Pre-CU glory!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 AM

You guys amaze me. Congratulations not only on the fantastic progress you are making, but on the turn around you've made as a team and the professionalism you are showing.

I am very proud to be a member of SWGEmu.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juspar View Post
You guys amaze me. Congratulations not only on the fantastic progress you are making, but on the turn around you've made as a team and the professionalism you are showing.

I am very proud to be a member of SWGEmu.

Could not agree more!

/deepbow
Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Nice work guys.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Seaseman
Administrator

look how much progress has been made since February. Amazing.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme View Post
look how much progress has been made since February. Amazing.
Yeah, I wouldn't be supprised if it was released this February.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothix View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't be supprised if it was released this February.
That would make me happy, it would be a nice 21st birthday present.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:31 AM

and why are you guys messing with the loot???, pretty sure that loot wasn't in old galaxies, its in gay games. like WoW.

i thought the loot was temp. just to make people play it to stress test it.

swg used there brains, unlike wow, you cant find metal peaces of armor on animals and i think it should not change.

and jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so..

Last edited by bl4ckl4beled; 08-19-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 AM

usually the ones complaining about jedi are the ones who are jealous of them. as far as loot. and the whole "creatures having metal drops" its actually possible for any animal to eat something it shouldnt. that more than likely being the devs train of thought. maybe you havent been playing as long as most of us =/
Old 08-19-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckl4beled View Post
and why are you guys messing with the loot???, pretty sure that loot wasn't in old galaxies, its in gay games. like WoW.

i thought the loot was temp. just to make people play it to stress test it.

swg used there brains, unlike wow, you cant find metal peaces of armor on animals and i think it should not change.

and jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so..
Oh....My....Super Mario Brothers of Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Have you ever, ever, ever, in your gaming career of playing MMO's since the mid 90s have not have loot? Loot is a good thing, because it rewards the player in a small amount for doing something that in-dangers him/her character and items they use.

"jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so.."

What on God's green earth. Do you not read the Expanded Universe books? There were force sensitives during the time era, a very few. Removing Jedi from this game or the ability of having FS is like removing the fact that Luke even existed.

Having them at a very few numbers is okay, but having them in great numbers was plainly dumb and dumber.

I never felt so violated by this post in my internetz career.

Yo homie, is that my briefcase?
Solace Effect Band
mothernature just pissed her pantsuit!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:29 AM

Not to be a pain in the ass, but what's up with the server? It's been down for awhile now.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazmu View Post
Oh....My....Super Mario Brothers of Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Have you ever, ever, ever, in your gaming career of playing MMO's since the mid 90s have not have loot? Loot is a good thing, because it rewards the player in a small amount for doing something that in-dangers him/her character and items they use.

"jedi will destroy all the work u guys r doing so.."

What on God's green earth. Do you not read the Expanded Universe books? There were force sensitives during the time era, a very few. Removing Jedi from this game or the ability of having FS is like removing the fact that Luke even existed.

Having them at a very few numbers is okay, but having them in great numbers was plainly dumb and dumber.

I never felt so violated by this post in my internetz career.
SWG takes place between Episode IV: A New Hope and Episode V: The Empire Strikes back and i'm PRITTY SURE between those movies there were not 30 other jedi just hanging out in ****in' cantinas. yes, i understand the whole spiel about force sensitive groups like the knight sisters, and 1 or 2 jedi per server was awesome but EVERYONE will play them if they put them in and the only way that you wont have these beating off fanboys cry is to just not put them in, because 80% of the people playing this emu will cry if jedi is in the game and they don't have it.
people crying till they get there way is the downfall of every great mmo and its what happened in swg, wow, diablo 2, and it will happen here as well unless you guys do what others didn't and thats understand that maybe the people who put years of there lives into creating a mmo maybe know more about some ****in' jack-offs siting around on the internet machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones View Post
usually the ones complaining about jedi are the ones who are jealous of them. as far as loot. and the whole "creatures having metal drops" its actually possible for any animal to eat something it shouldnt. that more than likely being the devs train of thought. maybe you havent been playing as long as most of us =/
thats just an easy-out explaining something that never made sense in the first place. The guys at SoE understood that that **** was lame and created an entire crafting system and economy run by the players so that the players didn't half-to rely on the fact that the creature there fighting out in the tatooine desert had stumbled upon a magical sword and for some reason ****in' ate it.

and trust me i have been playing mmo's longer then you and i know how this **** turns out.

the appeal of galaxies was that you got to emerse yourself in the same galaxy from the movies but experience something completely different.

if you guys could stop beating off to your princess leah action figures wearing your luke skywalker gloves and actually think about it, i know, its hard to do that, but trust me, you'll see it will destroy the game........
like it did.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:53 AM

Saber tef killed me

Easy there pardner....the admins will be able to adjust their individual servers to suit themselves and their players...the free market will determine what success a server will have...AFTER...the engine is done. Don't want jedi? Fine. Im sure you'll be able to find a server with absolutley no jedi and creatures like Rancor...who don't eat entire hunters alive...including their T-21s.

Let's get back to how much I enjoy buffing people so they can go out and stress test!!

Go Team!!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 PM

Whoa, I really have a problem with bla4ckb4eld already. Good to have you here, jackass. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Is it up yet?

Great work guys!

The Flashpoint idea is great! I think Flashpoint would be a sick name for the world editor itself instead of the planet. But all in all, looks fantastic!

Keep it up.
"There is nothing to be feared from a body, Harry, any more than there is anything to be feared from the darkness. Lord Voldemort, who of course secretly fears both, disagrees. But once again he reveals his own lack of wisdom. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more." - Dumbledore
Closed Thread