SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 02:43 AM

When I starte playing the EMU I just assumed I'd need another account to log on at the same time ust like it used to be pre-cu (sorry bout that), after the last DB wipe I started two separate accounts, one with main toons and the other with Smuggler/ID and Musician/Dancer. I've since added some support toons to my main account so sorry for my mistake and won't be doing it again.

/salute

/grovel

Liberator IGN's Xao (template tbc) Syphilis (Doc/something)

Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 AM

There are 3 of us in this household (two refugees from NGE+3 days), each with own account and comp. We learned the hard way no to mix up accounts and comps by getting 2 of our accounts banned. Now that each of us sticks to his and her comp all is well.
ps we love you all!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlzie View Post
There are 3 of us in this household (two refugees from NGE+3 days), each with own account and comp. We learned the hard way no to mix up accounts and comps by getting 2 of our accounts banned. Now that each of us sticks to his and her comp all is well.
ps we love you all!
You can talk to PhantomLeader to have an exception made for you. Sorry you had to have your family's accounts banned.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 AM

I have two accounts for my wife and I. Can we both log in at the same time?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM

PhantomLeader, can you check your PM's when you aren't busy?
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Thanks for posting this. I have a son that is somewhat interested, and he would have enjoyed playing, I didn't as of yet create the second account, but I could have. and it's great to know I can log on more then once with the same account, I just wish I'd known it sooner, my smuggler could have been slicing some weapons for my other characters. and trade would be easy. about the only question that isn't answered here. How many characters may you have per account?

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM

Yeah me my brother and my dad all play.
one less to blame

Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM

I was going to start a thread on this, but perhaps it relates to this thread too.

Are multiple accounts going to be actively policed when the game goes live? Obviously, it would be the duty of server admins, but I wondered if there were tools to aid them.

My concerns stems from it occurring to me last night that the subscription fee for SWG limited the number of characters you were inclined to run. Without a subscription fee in place, I had visions of people having a character of every class, which I think has ramifications for the server's economy, etc.

Tak.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi View Post
I was going to start a thread on this, but perhaps it relates to this thread too.

Are multiple accounts going to be actively policed when the game goes live? Obviously, it would be the duty of server admins, but I wondered if there were tools to aid them.

My concerns stems from it occurring to me last night that the subscription fee for SWG limited the number of characters you were inclined to run. Without a subscription fee in place, I had visions of people having a character of every class, which I think has ramifications for the server's economy, etc.

Tak.
The same tools that we use to detect multiple account use are the same tools that we will be providing with core3, improved slightly ofcourse. I can't speak for any of the servers, but I would imagine it would be something they want to look at.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM

So, if there are two people in my house who play, I'll have to tell an admin or someone about it or I'll get banned?
I had tears of joy when I first logged on; it was like someone had taken pictures of my dreams and made a game from them. The detail, the graphics, and the sounds were unbelievable. And quickly, with help from new friends I had made, I figured out how to play. Some have said, and still say today, the learning curve was too steep for SWG." ~Chris Bronwell, CBS News, 2005
Old 10-15-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araiti View Post
So, if there are two people in my house who play, I'll have to tell an admin or someone about it or I'll get banned?
Only if those 2 people are both playing on the same computer, or using each others computers interchangably. PM me if this is the case, and we can work it out.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Only if those 2 people are both playing on the same computer, or using each others computers interchangably. PM me if this is the case, and we can work it out.
Oh cool, we both use different computers.
Thanks for the information
I had tears of joy when I first logged on; it was like someone had taken pictures of my dreams and made a game from them. The detail, the graphics, and the sounds were unbelievable. And quickly, with help from new friends I had made, I figured out how to play. Some have said, and still say today, the learning curve was too steep for SWG." ~Chris Bronwell, CBS News, 2005
Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Reassuring to know it's being addressed, thanks Max.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araiti View Post
Oh cool, we both use different computers.
Thanks for the information
Keep in mind that each individual PC would be tracked by a separate IP address. If you are connecting to the Internet via broadband with a Router for a shared connection. Both you and your brother would be showing up as the same IP and to the Staff would appear as more than one account on the same PC, if you are indeed connecting the two computers to a shared broadband connection via the use of a Router. I would treat it as one PC and talking with Max would be advised.

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 10-16-2008, 03:47 PM

what if you friend makes an account from your computer??? I dont wanna get jumped by the admins cus you see my IP address on two accounts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: