SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 PM

any alpha profession at all damages the game, thats exactly what happened with SOE and it will happen again. It forces every other profession into FOTM setups which are the only way to beat jedi, then as you run around town or group up to go grind you notice everyone is the exact same setup and the GCW turns into whoever has the most jedi automatically wins.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
any alpha profession at all damages the game, thats exactly what happened with SOE and it will happen again. It forces every other profession into FOTM setups which are the only way to beat jedi, then as you run around town or group up to go grind you notice everyone is the exact same setup and the GCW turns into whoever has the most jedi automatically wins.
Getting to even be a Jedi is a lot of work, and with some good Bounty Hunters, will make many players reconsider being a Jedi. For other players, it's just not star wars if you eliminate Jedi altogether. It's also the emu's goal to be just like the Pre-CU experience which includes Jedi. It's the toughest profession to master, being a bit tougher for it in the end seems a legitimate reward to me.

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-16-2008, 07:33 PM

jedi always say that but how is it fair that your stronger then another class? it kills pvp balance and destroys the GCW by turning it into "which ever side has the most jedi wins."

if it were a single player game you should get an advantage, but having an alpha class in a mmo isn't healthy for the game, eventually people will have strive to be the alpha class just to be able to compete.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM

sorry but, jedi didnt really get much of an advantage- most of the pvpers on the EMU could probably 1 on 1 a full template jedi back in the day (force ranked is a different matter)

Intrepid
Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

This isn't really the place for another full blown jedi debate.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:17 PM

im going to say this then im done, as the mod said this isnt the place for the debate, but the presence of an alpha class discourages others (especially newer players, or novice pvpers) from fighting in the GCW because they view it as impossible to beat the jedi.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 PM

I'm going on a non-Jedi server once EMU hits live, and not worrying about it ever agin after that.
I would suggest that others with similar taste follow suite. A simple solution, really.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 AM

we are all assuming that everyone is going to go Jedi. Remember that pre-cu was 4-5 years ago. We have all grown up. Some people now have jobs and more responsibility, meaning that they won't grind for months on end to be some alpha class.

I won't have the time to grind out Jedi, I'm sticking to a pvp toon and a CH toon, and have as much fun as possible. I reckon alot of older players will do the same.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:17 AM

I'm definately gonna setup a ranger and a crafter. Maybe a commando or bh to be useful in dwb and such. But yeah I don't really have time to grind jedi myself again.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 AM

Keep in mind, this about giving us the ability to enjoy the pre cu experience once again...not to make a new game.

Yes there will be imbalances between professions and yes for those who are not used to it or unaware of how it was...it will seem very unfair. Balance is a myth. Just have fun. You do not need to be the best of the best and win every single fight. Try to balance everything in this game and you know what you get? The NGE.

Just try playing this game for fun
Old 12-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

I am just as guilty of my own input on this Jedi bit here, but lets keep in mind that it is SUPPOSED to be for a status report on the progress of the SWGEmu. We've all ready been kindly reminded all ready that this sort of discussion doesn't belong here. I myself am enjoying the work that goes on here and look forward to really playing Pre-Cu in ALL of it's original glory. I know there was no intention to put a stop on the Jedi Discussion, it's just that we should start a new thread just for that, and leave this thread to the status of the development of SWGEmu.

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM

But just cuz I wanna know how long till we get to start throwing around glowbats?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
I'm going on a non-Jedi server once EMU hits live, and not worrying about it ever agin after that.
I would suggest that others with similar taste follow suite. A simple solution, really.
*follows Fedora to said server*
Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 AM

Wow! AMAZING progress since the last time I checked

Kakll [Pre CU/Post CU]
Teris Kasi Master
Master Rifleman
Master Creature Handler
Master Scout

Youtube - candlesinadaze
Old 12-18-2008, 01:32 PM

are jedi ready for use?
Closed Thread