SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

When a project of this nature (a public development project) starts getting large like this, there is often need of a quality pass through the code to determine what can be streamlined, what can be reorganized and better placed, and what can be cleaned out. SWGEmu is doing exactly that, there is quite a bit of code in this project, some of it doesn't work right, some of it was made completely useless through later changes, some of it was placed in the file structure incorrectly, etc. etc. That's basically what they are doing, there is of course much more to it than that, but as a basic idea, this should suffice.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Read before you post please. They also aren't putting up anything to do with the patch on the assembla, its all OR related stuff so far. The patch and the OR are SEPARATE. Separate as in one does not affect the other, which has been stated numerous times by staff.

The Delta Vector thing could be something... Also, the code on the SVN doesn't reflect that of the TC.
Trust.... I know what i read
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM

So, these guys havnt updated in a while, there are no events happening on the server... I'm new here but I'm getting the feeling that maybe they aren't developing much anymore? Idk... as I said I'm new here so maybe they are just in a stage of developement whereupon we aren't communicated with much?

Idk, anybody have anything to say?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM

Theres an event every wednesday,and they are busy working on simplifying the current code.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:00 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclown02 View Post
So, these guys havnt updated in a while, there are no events happening on the server... I'm new here but I'm getting the feeling that maybe they aren't developing much anymore? Idk... as I said I'm new here so maybe they are just in a stage of developement whereupon we aren't communicated with much?

Idk, anybody have anything to say?
I know you are new, you said so yourself, but maybe searching and reading a bit before you post next time.

Here, since you are new:
*Bi-Weekly Updates On Hold (June 2009)
*Major Update 6/14/09
*DevChats On Hold (June 2009)
*I need an update!!!

*http://www.swgemu.com/events/

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-07-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I know you are new, you said so yourself, but maybe searching and reading a bit before you post next time.

Here, since you are new:
*Bi-Weekly Updates On Hold (June 2009)
*Major Update 6/14/09
*DevChats On Hold (June 2009)
*I need an update!!!

*http://www.swgemu.com/events/
As much as I know you love being a cheerleader for the Emu team, psyclown02 is absolutely correct; nothing is happening.

I dare you to go on the TC during "Prime-Time" and find more than 20 people in Theed, because it won't happen. More and more people are giving up on this project daily. StK has settled for finding other games to play, and when our SWG players ask for a status report, we simply answer with "who cares".

Not giving ETA's is one thing, but simply ignoring the community, without even giving updates as to what is, or isn't being worked on, for the upcoming patch is an entirely different thing all together.

At this point, people don't care about what exactly is happening behind closed doors, or when exactly something is going to happen on the TC. Instead, now people want reassurance that ANYTHING is happening, and that the TC isn't simply at a stand-still.

You can give new people dead-links with no information pertaining to their questions at all, all you want, but all it is doing is confusing people.

I am sure the Dev team is thinking that people will forgive, and forget when the patch eventually does come out, maybe next year, so they refuse to answer questions. This might be true, and people might be excited again for the EMu project then, but for now, the only thing that is happening is that people are feeling very abandoned, and left out.

I am sure I can speak for 99% of the EMu population when I say that an actual update on the upcoming patch would be greatly appreciated. And not just the same thing we have heard over, and over again. Having real community reps that do more than re-word the same answer every time someone asks a question wouldn't be a bad thing, in reality, it is something that thing project needs, badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Retired Moderator

Thats funny, I logged into the TC and had at least 20 people around me... and I was dueling 4 of them.

I wasn't counting, but its still quite populated. One name that I didn't see was Tropicana though... and it was me just randomly logging in at 10pm Pacific time.

I just dont understand how that wookie was regening soo quickly....

Retired Moderator after 5 Years of Service.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audune View Post
Thats funny, I logged into the TC and had at least 20 people around me... and I was dueling 4 of them.

I wasn't counting, but its still quite populated. One name that I didn't see was Tropicana though... and it was me just randomly logging in at 10pm Pacific time.

I just dont understand how that wookie was regening soo quickly....
I am sure you are quite proud of your witty banter, and the 'I'll show you' attitude, but you are simply helping me prove my point.

The Emu has many issues that need to be addressed, and while the upcoming patch is suppose to fix some of those issues, the last thing the forums need are moderators, of any kind, coming on here and jousting with members about whether or not the TC is populated.

My post wasn't simply made to attack the TC, and claim that it is dying, my post was made because people are asking for answers, practically everyday, and instead of getting them, they get responses like yours, which in no way help the situation, and can lead members to believe they are simply being mocked.

Quality Assurance is one of the many titles given to members of the community, and if I am not mistaken, I do believe that title obligates said members to do just that, assure players of the community that their money, and time is not simply being wasted, as people are beginning to wonder.

All people are asking for is for someone to come on the forums, and let them know what is happening. Giving out very small particles of information months apart is not very promising. This is not a multi-billion dollar corporation shielding their information from competitors, this is an Emulation project that is lacking in almost any information at all.

Giving out answers doesn't hurt a project like this, it helps, alot. Even if the only answer we get is "we don't know yet", I am sure plenty of people will accept it as "something". Instead, we get silence, and that is very discouraging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.

Last edited by Tropicana; 09-07-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:36 AM

Could you please use better colored text, every time I try to read your posts I scorch my eyes. Btw, be patient. Good things come to those who wait. These guys are working hard for nothing other then the idea of one day getting to play a game we all love.

Garrion Firestar Master Brawler, Master Swordsman
Rebel all the way. Jedi unlock February 2, 2005

Beware the Jedi who calls his Light saber a tooth pick.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
I am sure you are quite proud of your witty banter, and the 'I'll show you' attitude, but you are simply helping me prove my point.

The Emu has many issues that need to be addressed, and while the upcoming patch is suppose to fix some of those issues, the last thing the forums need are moderators, of any kind, coming on here and jousting with members about whether or not the TC is populated.

My post wasn't simply made to attack the TC, and claim that it is dying, my post was made because people are asking for answers, practically everyday, and instead of getting them, they get responses like yours, which in no way help the situation, and can lead members to believe they are simply being mocked.

Quality Assurance is one of the many titles given to members of the community, and if I am not mistaken, I do believe that title obligates said members to do just that, assure players of the community that their money, and time is not simply being wasted, as people are beginning to wonder.

All people are asking for is for someone to come on the forums, and let them know what is happening. Giving out very small particles of information months apart is not very promising. This is not a multi-billion dollar corporation shielding their information from competitors, this is an Emulation project that is lacking in almost any information at all.

Giving out answers doesn't hurt a project like this, it helps, alot. Even if the only answer we get is "we don't know yet", I am sure plenty of people will accept it as "something". Instead, we get silence, and that is very discouraging.
Hi Tropicana,

I understand your frustrations, I really do. I recently returned from an extremely busy time where I could not spend any time monitoring or working on the emulator. However, over the last week or two I have been working extremely hard on, among other things, an update which is at the moment the biggest update we've ever put out. It outlines exact details of "the patch", what's been going on in the OR, introduces new event themes, outlines some internal changes and gives a number of dev perspectives.

I hope you really don't believe that we want to keep you in the dark. It's perfectly true that over the past few months, between the OR and private lives, almost all of us have been less attentive to the community and have not held up the standards that we expect of ourselves, and you expect from us. For that, I sincerely apologize.

I hope that you have the faith in us, or at least the faith in me personally, to know that the intentions behind all that you see is open benefit, and that our lacking is a chink in our armor and nothing more. I seek to expression professionalism and perfection in everything we have done, are doing and will do, however none of us have done this before, and if we can learn a good lesson through failure; Fate I challenge ye.

Regards

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:11 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
StK has settled for finding other games to play, and when our SWG players ask for a status report, we simply answer with "who cares".
I like this part. It explains everything.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 09-07-2009, 06:35 AM

good post max thanks a lot , and the biggest update ever sounds amazing and can't wait i know it's anyday soon and its nice to get developer perspectives on whats currently going on , looking forward to the update. I got 4 days off work now so hopefully it comes on one of those days off so i can test it out

Imaep Sunstrider
Master rifleman/ Swordsman
former Euro-Infinity
former member of POE

I believe in keeping things simple....
Old 09-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigybbz View Post
good post max thanks a lot , and the biggest update ever sounds amazing and can't wait i know it's anyday soon and its nice to get developer perspectives on whats currently going on , looking forward to the update. I got 4 days off work now so hopefully it comes on one of those days off so i can test it out
I'd be very very surprised if it didn't come during those days off

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I'd be very very surprised if it didn't come during those days off
Now your talking ^_^

"It's a dirty job but I figure someone has to get rich doing it, and one way or the other, that someone is going to be me."
Old 09-07-2009, 10:54 AM

lol I think its funny that this comes up.

Im pretty sick of hearing all the whining and complaining from everybodies parts.. For goodness sakes the devs work on this hard, yes with their own spare time. And thats awesome, and No Im not going to post here to kiss their balls like so many of the members of this community do.. Because Im sure while they may appreciate that every once in a while... The countless "Thank you" and "You're Awesome Threads" you post trying to butter them up accomplishes nothing.

What you can do is be quiet, realize that what you are contributing is little or nothing. And quit all your *****ing. I appologize for the language. But, people aren't on TC anymore! Wow! Because School is in, College courses are back in session, and most people don't find that a GAME should take up that much more of their lives.

Just be patient.. Quit your complaining.. Get a life outside of a game.. And when it comes around if you want to play it for 24 hours a day for a few monthes in a row.. Go on right ahead.

I left these forums because it's sickening just how lame some of you people act.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: