SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM

Thank you for that clarification if the First page can be edited to say "2 instances" instead of "Multiple instances" that would be awesome. I think that would Just Be more specific So no one breaks the rules.

I was allowing my daughter to just putz around i one of my toons but since you are only allowed to dual box i will need to get her account. Correct me if i am wrong. Please
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

This will never stop being a problem. The emu team will have to constantly be deleting spam/bot/multiple accounts; it's part of having a community like this. At Canon we also have a no tolerance policy about multiple accounts, so we are trying to stay ahead of the game from the get-go by deleting suspect accounts when they are made.

The only hope is that posts like this one will help minimize the amount of duplicate accounts created out of ignorance.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnon View Post
Thank you for that clarification if the First page can be edited to say "2 instances" instead of "Multiple instances" that would be awesome. I think that would Just Be more specific So no one breaks the rules.
When this thread was created multiple instances were allowed, but after the last patch and growing interest in TC, server cap had to be implemented and multiple instances were restricted to only two. It would be a great idea to edit the OP, but only a moderator or the person that created this thread can do it, so its all up to them really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnon View Post
I was allowing my daughter to just putz around i one of my toons but since you are only allowed to dual box i will need to get her account. Correct me if i am wrong. Please
Sure, if you want your daughter to play along with you another account would be the way to go. There are two ways to do it. Create her an account and if it gets banned send an email to community@swgemu.com, explain your situation and ask them to unban her account. Or send an email to the same email address first and inform them that you will be needing a second account for your daughter and wait for them to instruct you on what you should do next.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM

I Don't get it.. what is so hard to follow rules. why is it so hard to accept that they the emu dev crew is already going out of there way to let us even play while we wait for them to finish the or and such. This is NOT by any means soe you players don't need to treat them as such.

as a side note i think if maybe when you launch the launcher it should pop up a box that has that has this rule and you have to click ok. then it runs a check to see if the use has an active account if so right there is bans both accounts as well as the ip from connecting to the server. then it shows an email address to appeal to the bann.

sorry for the harsh measures but i don't think its fair to the rest of us that play by the rules that you bad apples will eventually ruin it for us. this is a new beginning of SWG. This is a new universe, a new community so to speak lets make this one the best ever and quit this stupid stuff we make the game what it is. we are a small network of friends here its not to hard to figure who is trying to cheat the system. just do us all a favor and play by the rules and make this game the best it can be.

any ways my 2 cents sorry to bug in but after reading all the posts i couldn't just sit and read with out adding to it.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 PM

multiple accounts,
i have a question.
i had an account long ago with EMU.
when i tried to log into it to create characters in game, my password didnt work, after several tries to reset password, and failure i created new account. i never recieved a response, so am i considered a multiple account user? even at the fault of lack of response to original account?

just curious.

/salute all devs and emu core
Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evatsug1 View Post
multiple accounts,
i have a question.
i had an account long ago with EMU.
when i tried to log into it to create characters in game, my password didnt work, after several tries to reset password, and failure i created new account. i never recieved a response, so am i considered a multiple account user? even at the fault of lack of response to original account?

just curious.

/salute all devs and emu core
The first one you made was probably so old that it has become "inactive" and only way that it can be used again is by reactivating it. Since you have a new one no need to bother Mods, just enjoy your new account.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 03-27-2010, 05:49 AM

BUt if i made new account that "NEW" account is banned but i dont know why???
Old 03-27-2010, 05:56 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunno32 View Post
BUt if i made new account that "NEW" account is banned but i dont know why???
It is banned because you already have an active account. You are not allowed to have two accounts. There are only some "special" circumstances in which more than one account can be created from one IP address.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreaver View Post
I Don't get it.. what is so hard to follow rules. why is it so hard to accept that they the emu dev crew is already going out of there way to let us even play while we wait for them to finish the or and such. This is NOT by any means soe you players don't need to treat them as such.

as a side note i think if maybe when you launch the launcher it should pop up a box that has that has this rule and you have to click ok. then it runs a check to see if the use has an active account if so right there is bans both accounts as well as the ip from connecting to the server. then it shows an email address to appeal to the bann.
I agree with you Soulreaver about following the rules. The problem is that under the current system only one person from each family can play. I can't create an account for myself and an account for my son, and using your suggestion I would get banned for allowing my son to try to make his own account at home, despite following the rules by having separate accounts and using 2 separate legal sets of Galaxies disks that we purchased. Nor can we technically play from home together on our separate accounts if it the mods get too sticky on this.

His first attempt to create an account did get banned as it came from the same IP address as mine, but he was able to create his account from a different location. But it is his only account and we are both following the rules and so hopefully will not get banned by playing from home together.

I fully understand the need to keep people from cheating by having more than one account, and I'm not sure that there is a better way than what is in place at the moment. I understand that they do not have to let us play at all and I am indeed thankful to the Dev crew for all their work, as well as allowing us to play while work is ongoing.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:35 PM

Hi, I have been trying all afternoon to get hold of somebody to help with an account problem. My boyfriend, who sits next to me and has his own pc and his own swg disks, has been banned instantly, as we share an internet connection. He has not even played the game yet or tried to log in. We thought it would be ok to register on forums, but he has been banned for 'no reason', and the ban will be lifted 'never'. The ban applies to forums and test centre. Please help, as we have done nothing wrong here. We are veteran swg players and would like to see the pre-CU version again.

Thanks for any help and advice.

PS I have emailed twice today, but not heard anything yet.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scousevix View Post
Hi, I have been trying all afternoon to get hold of somebody to help with an account problem. My boyfriend, who sits next to me and has his own pc and his own swg disks, has been banned instantly, as we share an internet connection. He has not even played the game yet or tried to log in. We thought it would be ok to register on forums, but he has been banned for 'no reason', and the ban will be lifted 'never'. The ban applies to forums and test centre. Please help, as we have done nothing wrong here. We are veteran swg players and would like to see the pre-CU version again.

Thanks for any help and advice.

PS I have emailed twice today, but not heard anything yet.
Multiple accounts aren't permuted, system detects different accounts with same IP and assumes that someone is trying to create a multiple accounts. Its not a perfect system but its necessary.

Since you are sharing the IP address system instantly banned the second account created, even though you aren't braking any rules. Just send an email to community@swgemu.com and explain your situation. One of the moderators will fix it asap.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM

Already done this twice, the original was sent 5 hrs ago and no reply yet.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

It may take a day or two. I apologize if in my answer was misleading and lead you to believe that it will be fixed in the matter of hours.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Ok thanks for the response, but you can understand my frustration and his when I am in game and so is our friend, who was also with us in the early days of swg and my boyfriend has to sit and watch from the sidelines. I appreciate everyone is doing their best and hope someone can get around to fixing it soon.

thank you.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
How many times do I need to create these sorts of threads?

DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT PERMITTED.

We have been getting very aggressive in enforcing this; if you find you were banned, don't create new accounts.
Also note: using other people's computers will also trip the detector. I don't know how many times I've got to say this... but BEFORE CREATING NEW ACCOUNTS OR USING OTHER ACCOUNT-HOLDER'S COMPUTERS, EMAIL community@swgemu.com

Just for reference, we get several hundred duplicate users per week. PLEASE. Stop making our lives more difficult than they already are.

Is it alright to use my account on 2 different computers then ? My situation is that I have a desktop and a notebook PC. Can I use both or should I not do that?

Also my other situation is my girlfriend has 2 computers as well and we are on the same network will that affect this dectection system as well?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: