Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoo66 View Post
i'm not sure what's goin on,, i searched forums,, nuttin i can see relates,,, I am Using LPE,, after i hit play and login,, i get an error, account in use, or unauthorized, please help.
The login server is down, so more then likely nothing is wrong with your client or anything, just wait and all will be well with the world.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 AM

login issues

thanx, that explains it ,, darthidiot66 on youtube
Old 07-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
That will not be a factor. You're assuming you know what checks are in place, and when those checks take place.

Please, refrain from using this thread to 'guess' our system security measures. Rest assured, if anyone has a problem, we are ready willing and able to resolve it.
There's a wee bit of difference between trying to 'guess' how your security system works and people that want to know if they're going to have a problem or not.

Not everyone with a question about the system is trying to figure out how to circumvent it. Frankly, I don't see the POINT of circumventing it so I can't bloody well figure out why you would want to.

As long as people know there is a possibility that they will get automatically banned, and aren't being told why, they're going to ask. Over and over and over because they don't WANT to get banned and then have to fuss with it. They want to NOT get banned.

Frankly, if I got banned from the Emu, automated or not, I probably wouldn't contact anyone, I'd just write it off and never come back.

Simply put, as long as you're blizzard-like in crypticness, people, good natured and bad, are going to be constantly deluging you with questions about 'will this get me banned, will that get me banned'. Some because for whatever stupid reason they're trying to get around it, others because they simply don't want to get banned.

Not knowing the process, having your fate put at the whim of someone you don't know... even if they're apparently trustworthy, it's both nerve racking and scary. Especially for a newcomer.

Finally, hurling accusations, ill will, and condescension at someone trying to point out a potential flaw in your system that could cause people to be driven off is about the best way I can think of to discourage helpfulness in future.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

We're not Blizzard, we're a few guys trying to do our best. I certainly didn't mean to come off antagonistic, I'm simply trying to maintain the system.

The reality is this, our system that is put in place, being the best we can do, has certain checks in place to attempt to ensure one account per user. Obviously, no system is perfect, and there are holes in ours.

However, we make it clear, that if a situation occurs, there is recourse one can take to quickly and easily rectify. We cannot predict and plan for all situations, nor prevent all unnecessary bannings from occurring. We can fix them quickly if and when they happen. And we do so all day, every day.

I hope you understand our rationale, and continue to support us in our efforts to bring back pre-cu.

Aloha.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM

Let me lay it out there Ekaika for peeps again. Some don't understand for whatever reason that you can run more than one instance on any computer. You DO NOT have to make more than one account.

Each account can support mulitple charaters/toons.

Shrink the screen and start the game again. This is another "instance."

Now, with the second instance running, log in as another character. Now you are playing two characters simultaneously. I've gone as far as three with my 6 year old pc. It is very possible.

The one account per person is maintained, and you can still run a second (or whatever) character at the same time for buffing or whatever. This is allowed and explained several times within this thread.

EDIT: If I'm off base here, pls whack-a-mole my post.

Last edited by BigEvil; 07-24-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 PM

That's okay... I probably overreacted a little honestly, having had a bad experience with Blizz recently...

I was more thinking along the lines of making it so if there is a hit for some odd, random reason that isn't actually related to multiple accounts, they can find that out without having to bounce around all over the place first. An e-mail, or hell, just a message when they try to log in perhaps. I don't know.

I was mostly just mentioning the possibility that someone could get hit and not know why.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:51 PM

I understand. I had an account banned because I did not read. Same as most.

When I actually went through the resources provided, I learned what was up. The biggest issue is that many people want instant satisfaction without reading the terms as they exist.

I read, I learned, and now I understand. They just have to be open to learning about what they are trying to join, and put the time towards doing so.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM

I just have one question... Say I make my account on my computer and go to a friends house and log on to my account on his computer there will I get in trouble if he already made an account on his computer?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 AM

from what I've read because will be same IP yes.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Just to give some frank honesty from a new user-- people are NOT generally trying to create multiple accounts. Most people are just trying to just allow multiple people in their family/household to make their own accounts. It seems a little ridiculous that you would tell people who have their own logins to a computer (profile) that they can't create an account on a given computer when its a new account for a new user. The original game certainly allowed this.

You have to take into account that people from the same house might want to play the game.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Retired Game Master

We do.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvin Rok View Post
Just to give some frank honesty from a new user-- people are NOT generally trying to create multiple accounts. Most people are just trying to just allow multiple people in their family/household to make their own accounts. It seems a little ridiculous that you would tell people who have their own logins to a computer (profile) that they can't create an account on a given computer when its a new account for a new user. The original game certainly allowed this.

You have to take into account that people from the same house might want to play the game.
They understand this, and if you email them, they get back with you rather quickly. A whole group of my friends were on the same apartment's wifi, sent an email after getting banned and got it resolved in like 30 minutes.

SoE did allow multiple accounts. As long as you pay for them, they don't care if you have 50. SWGEmu is free, and in order to prevent people from unfairly getting an upper hand, they are enforcing a single account policy.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvin Rok View Post

from the very first post in this thread...

"using other people's computers will also trip the detector. I don't know how many times I've got to say this... but BEFORE CREATING NEW ACCOUNTS OR USING OTHER ACCOUNT-HOLDER'S COMPUTERS, EMAIL community@swgemu.com"

Note again :BEFORE CREATING NEW ACCOUNTS OR USING OTHER ACCOUNT-HOLDER'S COMPUTERS, EMAIL community@swgemu.com"

easy fix and everyone in teh household can play...

and yes the Original game allows multiple accounts on one PC IF, key word there IF, you bought the game more than once... you paid for it you paid monthly for teh accounts.. . EMU is free so there is no buying accounts this is pretty much the only way that they can keep someone from making a zillion accounts and running a city all by themselves and such. Also in EMU, unlike the original game, you can create more than one char and have them both logged in at teh same time (think limit is 2)

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 AM

Ok so are you saying its ok to play one account on multiple computers then? because im getting a second computer in a month or so and i dont really want to have to start completely over. so i guess what im asking is. Will you be allowed to play one account on multiple computers At the same time? i hear alot that you can log in more then one computer to the same account at the same time. just wanting to have this clear
Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcadar View Post
Ok so are you saying its ok to play one account on multiple computers then? because im getting a second computer in a month or so and i dont really want to have to start completely over. so i guess what im asking is. Will you be allowed to play one account on multiple computers At the same time? i hear alot that you can log in more then one computer to the same account at the same time. just wanting to have this clear
Found this in part of a post on page 5 of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
1. You do not need more than 1 account. A person can log in 10102383 computers on the same account, and you can also run multiple instances on the same computer.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: