SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.17 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Awesome, Thanks for the Update!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Have a great holiday
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 PM

Yay more updates! It's like Christmas every time they come ^.^
Old 12-01-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
Thank you Serpentkaa for making it publicly clear concerning those particular food exploit.
I <3 Hammy
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 PM

Camping in the Cloners

Players that kill another character in the field may not follow the character to the cloner and "camp" them for a second or third kill. This includes bringing additional members of the killer's guild or alts to wait at the cloner. As a rule of thumb, do not kill any player within the cloning facility.

I don't really agree with this the camped can just log out and play on another character... I mean with the emu some players have like 5 alts... if the camped does not wish to help himself by logging out and instead cries to IRC or reports then honestly its not the campers fault... it's the camped's fault.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Nice. Happy holidays everybody.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly_Breakfast_Sandwhich View Post

Camping in the Cloners

Players that kill another character in the field may not follow the character to the cloner and "camp" them for a second or third kill. This includes bringing additional members of the killer's guild or alts to wait at the cloner. As a rule of thumb, do not kill any player within the cloning facility.

I don't really agree with this the camped can just log out and play on another character... I mean with the emu some players have like 5 alts... if the camped does not wish to help himself by logging out and instead cries to IRC or reports then honestly its not the campers fault... it's the camped's fault.
yeah, true, but grow up. you dont have to be that as*hole whos in the cloner killing people.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:

Camping in the Cloners

Not everyone has 5 alts, some of us only have 2. And when 1 of them is stuck rubberbanding there is not much choice... The cloners should be offlimits for pvp anyway, at least for people that have just cloned.

Anyway. Keep up the good work team!

IRC - Irn-Bru

IGN - Bovun Shesh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-02-2009, 06:08 AM

"considered exploiting and the account is subject to administrative action."

Wouldn't it be considered bug testing since this is a TEST server? -_-
Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 AM

can it bee...a rubberband fix!? O_O

anyhow nice update. Cant wait for OR cRush so get BUSAY! <3
Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM

nice update. thanks and happy holidays
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad27499 View Post
Not everyone has 5 alts, some of us only have 2. And when 1 of them is stuck rubberbanding there is not much choice... The cloners should be offlimits for pvp anyway, at least for people that have just cloned.

Anyway. Keep up the good work team!
Sorry but even that can not be used as an excuse on most cases when 1 player switches to another character OR even simply goes back to the character select menu it fixes the rubber band the same way dying or shuttling does because it reloads the world.

So ya honestly there should be no repercussion for clone camping.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Sorry but even that can not be used as an excuse on most cases when 1 player switches to another character OR even simply goes back to the character select menu it fixes the rubber band the same way dying or shuttling does because it reloads the world.

So ya honestly there should be no repercussion for clone camping.
You don't even have an argument, you're just claiming that because it's possible to "escape" clone camping, therefore, it is justified. I still haven't heard why it's justified in any circumstance.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
You don't even have an argument, you're just claiming that because it's possible to "escape" clone camping, therefore, it is justified. I still haven't heard why it's justified in any circumstance.
I still haven't heard a viable reason as to fully abolish it either and realistically if you are being camped in the cloner you honestly brought it upon yourself. Most people do not camp unless given a reason.

I've offered numerous ways to escape from clone camping already so offer me 1 good reason why not to camp? You can easily escape it.

But I bet you would be in the group of people who will sit there and continue to be camped just to shout profanity at your campers in spatial chat thinking you are winning the battle of wits...

You have an option to walk away and do something else... do it, don't sit there and cry or talk about the other persons mama thinkin you are actually intellectually superior when you are flat on your back with max battle fatigue and only 1 HAM...
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Support Manager
ManagerCommunity TeamAdministrator

This thread is not the place to argue/discuss issues, please take it elsewhere!

kellina@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com | Helpful Links
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: