SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:22 PM

Well as much as I hate it, I agree something needs to be there, but they could be a little more timely about something that is affecting EVERYTHING.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
How did you manage to come up with those numbers? An uneducated guess?
Aedan's poll.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Do I agree, yeah, I do. 'He who remains nameless' was a scapegoat of sorts. I agreed (still agree) with the policy, but I do think the 'community' went to far with the mob mentality. It was stated there were other reasons for his ban besides just the speed script, but I can't say those with "proof" were able to prove it without question, even with that video. I "felt" it might be true, but feelings are just opinion... not worthy of an execution. He'll be back in a couple months, so it's not as bad as some make it out to be.

And yes, several hundred votes does not equal the whole of the community, but it's not without any validation.

I just know that this arguing over lies and trolling needs to stop. It does nothing for the community except divide it further.
We can start by not arguing about whether we should be arguing or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
That's what got us here in the first place.

We have 1k to 1.5k active players/testers on TC atm, only 50 of them maybe 70 wanted actions to be taken against speed-hackers, 90% don't have a clue waht is happening and why. But no one asked them and yet they are still rubber-banding, all 1,5k of them, all day, every day.
Are you saying it's sad they have to deal with it, without even knowing why or...? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure.

If so, all I can say is that most people I run into either take the problem into stride and don't say much of anything or have some fun insulting the fact that the problem is there. In short, don't much care.

If not....**** me, I've been online too long.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
How did you manage to come up with those numbers? An uneducated guess?
Our great community leader started with the insults, what are you gonna do if i respond the same way. Make a crybaby thread about how hurt you are, how you are leaving for good and runaway like last time, blaming it all no the divided community?

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Right, so to hell with the people who don't bother to speak up, correct? I mean, clearly their opinion isn't important if they don't bother to voice it.

If you have 15 people in a group and 3 say "do x," then clearly the people in charge should do what the 3 say, right? That seems to be what you're saying.
Yeah, they should. Why? Because the others didn't speak up and thus their wishes are unknown. How can the devs cator to those who wont even speak up? So yes, they should be ignored. If they want to be heard they can post like everyone else. And majority of those willing to speak up have clearly said "get this off my server until it's fixed".
Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
Aedan's poll.
The poll showed significantly more wanted harsher punishments, more than a 1/3 more than he stated from his 'high' number.

Nit picking, I know. But the fact remains it was then, as it still is, influenced by biased people trying to spin it for their personal experience, and drama factor.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 PM

Statistics are hard because you have so many refusals to polls (whether they dont know about it or just dont care to respond) because they're too busy killing the dumbed down INTARNET DARGONS regardless of the conditions.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Yeah, they should. Why? Because the others didn't speak up and thus their wishes are unknown. How can the devs cator to those who wont even speak up? So yes, they should be ignored. If they want to be heard they can post like everyone else. And majority of those willing to speak up have clearly said "get this off my server until it's fixed".
Okay. Cause the majority willing to speak said that right.

Way to endear yourself to the people who don't shout about everything. I'm sure you'd be an astounding community leader.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Are you saying it's sad they have to deal with it, without even knowing why or...? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure.

If so, all I can say is that most people I run into either take the problem into stride and don't say much of anything or have some fun insulting the fact that the problem is there. In short, don't much care.

If not....**** me, I've been online too long.
They simply never come to forum, or do it once in a blue moon, so even though they may have an opinion on the situation it cant be heard because no one there is listening to them, if they want to be heard they have to come on this forum or IRC, but they never do.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...

Last edited by Vlada; 10-25-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
They simply never come to forum, or do it once in a blue moon, so even though they may have an opinion on the situation it cant be heard because no une there is listening to them, if they want to be heard they have to come on this forum or IRC, but they never do.
See my post :P
Old 10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
See my post :P
I was typing mine while you posted, i only saw it after i submitted mine, i could have just quoted and save my self some time.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:40 PM

But now you wasted more time discussing the possibilty :P lol jk
Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Meh, you've got me there, Vlada/Bostwain (). I would be inclined to think, though, that if these people don't bother to speak up, they don't care that much that they have to deal with a prototype-like environment.

I'm probably just making **** up to win an argument though. That's the funny thing about debating.

It's been a weird day.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:43 PM

Thank You for Smoking. Best movie for learning how to argue.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Thank You for Smoking. Best movie for learning how to argue.
Love that movie.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: