SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
k0m4g1rl k0m4g1rl is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austria
Posts: 41
I've had really bad rubberbanding in Mos Eisley and Mos Entha. Right now I'm in Yavin 4, and so far not a bit of rubberbanding.

The more Players around, the more rubberbanding, the more server-sided the lag is, the more rubberbanding... If you stop every few feet, wait a sec and run on, no rubberbanding at all.

Though it seems to me as if it got better since yesterday.

I'm running Windows 7, my PC lags client-side most of the time, still had the worst rubberbanding when server lagged.
__________________


<Twiz> im stuck 200 meters above a shuttleport, anyway to get down?
<HitchEftofon> fall! and just when you are about to hit the gound, miss!
<HitchEftofon> oh, wait that's how to fly
  #17  
Old 10-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Emokho Emokho is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hampton VA
Posts: 418
It's always been worse with server lag in every game it's ever happend in. So yeah, while the server is already auto rubber banding us mabey people can keep the random spacial spam where it belongs, in Coronet.
__________________
"And if I offended you, I'm sorry but maybe you needed to be offended." - Suicidal Tendancies

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice
  #18  
Old 10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
zabrakwith zabrakwith is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 226
Bowen- Great questions and I love "The girl Next Door" reference

Max- When you're talking about the overall playability of the TC and how it affects the community, I don't think people will get riled up over banning these people. Sure, at one time swgemu had its issues with dictator-type rules and attitudes, but those days are long in the past. The team is so much more professional and business like, and if this were a business those exploiters would be punished. This is NOT the time to be nice about things. It is really affecting everyone and most people I know are calling for severe action against these people. Bring out that iron fist!
  #19  
Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Labyrinth Labyrinth is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrakwith View Post
Bowen- Great questions and I love "The girl Next Door" reference

Max- When you're talking about the overall playability of the TC and how it affects the community, I don't think people will get riled up over banning these people. Sure, at one time swgemu had its issues with dictator-type rules and attitudes, but those days are long in the past. The team is so much more professional and business like, and if this were a business those exploiters would be punished. This is NOT the time to be nice about things. It is really affecting everyone and most people I know are calling for severe action against these people. Bring out that iron fist!
Yeah, except that "bringing out the iron fist" right now would be like going on a witch hunt or declaring a "war on terrorism."
  #20  
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM
zabrakwith zabrakwith is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Yeah, except that "bringing out the iron fist" right now would be like going on a witch hunt or declaring a "war on terrorism."
Well, the emu team has a right to protect the emu from evil-doers(TM).

Sorry, I had to say it.
  #21  
Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Master Chief Master Chief is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 305
Just so long as they don't confuse evil for major issues (i.e. rubber-banding). I admit that the iron fist is always an option, sometimes actually an appropriate one.

But I don't know why I can't post in the Bug Discussion thread.
__________________
SWG Starsider Harth Daul, retired.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
  #22  
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Kayliaah Kayliaah is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mos Paris
Posts: 2,588
Great job Max trying to answer all these questions, that looked like a huge unplanned Devchat.
__________________
  #23  
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
zomick zomick is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 119
Great job Max, cleared some of my questions there. But on a side not, I say we should(we as in the community) get the names of said hackers so we can ridicule and basically online castrate these A-holes. You have my full faith you'll get a happy medium
  #24  
Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Deharak Deharak is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 526
Somebody Quote mine! It was the ****! iGasmask
  #25  
Old 10-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Yhor Yhor is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Triad Citadel, Talus
Posts: 268
I'm just curious why the thread on this subject with the poll was deleted (yes, it was only moved to a private section, but to most, it equates to deletion). The threads with real garbage only get locked, but threads that have generally civil conversations and thought out responses get moved to private viewing.

Great job of emulating SOE.


And don't get me wrong, I have the highest admiration for what has been done to get PreCU back. I enjoy gaming again (well, when I can do something other than just play professions that stand still) and I look forward to having the satisfaction I had while playing in live servers. I offer a most sincere congratulations on the progress thus far.

I just think community relations here are much like they were with SOE... anything said that isn't what -The Team- wants to hear gets locked or deleted, while trolls and hackers get a slap on the wrist with a /wink /wink, /nudge /nudge. I am genuinely baffled by 1/2 of what I see in regards to moderation. I will say it has gotten better over the past few months, but it still has those -really?- moments.


Thanks for listening, and the work on the Emu.
~Yhor
  #26  
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Max's Avatar
Max Max is offline
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I'm just curious why the thread on this subject with the poll was deleted (yes, it was only moved to a private section, but to most, it equates to deletion). The threads with real garbage only get locked, but threads that have generally civil conversations and thought out responses get moved to private viewing.

Great job of emulating SOE.


And don't get me wrong, I have the highest admiration for what has been done to get PreCU back. I enjoy gaming again (well, when I can do something other than just play professions that stand still) and I look forward to having the satisfaction I had while playing in live servers. I offer a most sincere congratulations on the progress thus far.

I just think community relations here are much like they were with SOE... anything said that isn't what -The Team- wants to hear gets locked or deleted, while trolls and hackers get a slap on the wrist with a /wink /wink, /nudge /nudge. I am genuinely baffled by 1/2 of what I see in regards to moderation. I will say it has gotten better over the past few months, but it still has those -really?- moments.


Thanks for listening, and the work on the Emu.
~Yhor
I spoke with the OP and we agreed that we would move the thread pending some other things going on. You will see it has since been replaced.
__________________
Max
Communications Director (On Leave)


www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
  #27  
Old 10-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Yhor Yhor is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Triad Citadel, Talus
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I spoke with the OP and we agreed that we would move the thread pending some other things going on. You will see it has since been replaced.
Maybe I just need sleep. I've been exposed to a lot of SOE memories lately. SOE Emails of epic failure, a "Senator" dredging up the whole "Classic Servers" crap, defending SWGEmu to a group of friends/acquaintances...

I do see you guys are trying, and that improvements have been made. I apologize if I came across a little bitter.

Thanks for the restoration.
  #28  
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Wint3rz Wint3rz is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 164
Omfg i cant believe people are starting to speed hack , out of all the games they can hack they choose Swg as another place to do so

You hackers should drop dead imo
  #29  
Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 AM
Ekaika Ekaika is offline
Retired Community Deputy Director
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oahu
Posts: 5,073
I think I speak for everyone when I say, thank Vader you're back, Max.
  #30  
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Emokho Emokho is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hampton VA
Posts: 418
Well guys, ya know in all honesty this being a test center shouldn't people be able to test their hacks too? What good would it do the hakers to try untested hacks when the EMU goes live when there's a perfectly good and well marked testing groung right here?











if you think I'm serious here move your keyboard and slam your head into the desk as hard as you can. I realy think anyone who cheats at a game you cannot win is the saddest form of cheater there is.
__________________
"And if I offended you, I'm sorry but maybe you needed to be offended." - Suicidal Tendancies

If your argument begins with the phrase "I don't think" please stop and do so before making it.

SgtMaj(ret) E'Mokho Aewi
Fate 10
Strike Force Justice

Last edited by Emokho; 10-15-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.