SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Xiox is obviosly a fanboy thats blind on one eye. (you probaly don't have that saying in english, but you should still understand the point)
Suck my left one.
---

I'd like to add that my post was NOT harsh, if you want harsh, let IG see what he said, then you'll have harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 PM

Okay okay. Let's relax people.

Progress is looking sweet. As I keep saying, can't wait for this project's completion.
Affiliation: Rebel Alliance
Guild: MVA (Mos Vegas Alliance)
Professions: Master Teras Kasi, Master Commando, Master Brawler, Master Marksman, Master Rifleman, Master Pikeman, Master Swordsman, Rebel Elite Corps (Pilot).
Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 PM

seriously people, just calm down.

Are there bugs? Yes, its a beta. Is the SoE version more stable than this one? Yes, that is a completed project, this one is a work in progress. (which is looking very good btw). Is there a private server? Probably, would make sense that the devs would test the game in alpha before the release it to public beta. Instead of spending our time arguing and wasting our time in here, why don't we log on and do out part to help make this game into what we all want it to be...
MSW
MB
Fencer
Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik View Post
seriously people, just calm down.

Are there bugs? Yes, its a beta. Is the SoE version more stable than this one? Yes, that is a completed project, this one is a work in progress. (which is looking very good btw). Is there a private server? Probably, would make sense that the devs would test the game in alpha before the release it to public beta. Instead of spending our time arguing and wasting our time in here, why don't we log on and do out part to help make this game into what we all want it to be...
I'd hardly say SOE's game is stable. You can't even tell wtf it is? You log in and you're like "What's this? Hello Kitty Island Adventure??"

Quote:
Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
I'd hardly say SOE's game is stable. You can't even tell wtf it is? You log in and you're like "What's this? Hello Kitty Island Adventure??"
dude..... dont make fun of my game...........
Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 PM

keep the progress coming you guys are awsome, keep up the great work!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:29 PM

just to put my .02 in, and I'm sure I'll get flamed by whomever disagrees... But...

I've spent about 2 weeks pouring over the code. Yeah, I'm new to the effort and hopeing that maybe I can make some sense of it and maybe add something to the project eventually. From what I've observed the code is fantastically maintained. I've read the changelogs going back a month or more and am very impressed. As long as the politics and such stay out of it we're seeing the project moving along much quicker than I anticipated.

However, you should be prepared for what this thing really is. And that's an open source emulator of a product that doesn't exist any longer. Further, the product that did exist was buggy and incomplete. Asking these guys to come up with the original only better is quite possible more than can be expected. Especially considering that the client we're using is basically "locked" into a mostly unmodifiable version.

so far all they've accomplished has been without creating new tre files. whether you realize it or not, that's a HUGE accomplishment. Most game dev's manipulate both client and server sides to tweak and adjust. Even the Mangos project at least had(has) LIVE packet streams and an updated client to code against (a client that allows minor tweaking to start with).

My expectations are for a pre-cu emu, that allows harvesting, crafting, player housing, and a workable combat system. If they can't resolve rubberbanding (soe never did), or if they can't figure out balance (soe never did), or if they can't change the jedi system (very possible since they can't change the client), or if they nix jedi altogether... I'm still in. I'll still be observing their code until I think I have something to contribute.

what I really miss most is my small naboo house 1K south of Kaadara. It's where I started, with a insignificant little mineing operations 2 weeks after launch. It doesn't matter what came of it, it's those first few months that were the most exciting. I get the same feeling logging back in today. :-)

keep up the good work folks.
-Duff
Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 AM

It's totally unfair that the dev's pre-test new additions to the Public TC on a private server... I mean how dare they not treat me like SoE and drop untested and broken skills and items on me.

I DEMAND to be accosted!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm really glad this thread has become one big center for criticism. Oo someone on the other side of the world typed something that huwt my wittle feewings...

Suck it up guys and shut the hell up.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoteo View Post
I'm really glad this thread has become one big center for criticism. Oo someone on the other side of the world typed something that huwt my wittle feewings...

Suck it up guys and shut the hell up.
I don't think that helps the situation
Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Total misinformation

Quote:

Last edited by Kyle; 03-08-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Wrong
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 PM

wow, truely great work everyone!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi everybody, I'm new here. Just started getting into the whole SWGemu thing a few days ago. Can't believe that some people are complaining. I'm amazed this emulator even exists. great work devs!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
The client that they've provided us with is actually a whole new client itself all made by SWGEmu themselves, so whatever they want to do they can do to the client really.
Quote:
Our only uneditable piece is the control we have over the original SWG Client Engine.
Lol wut.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:24 AM

Xiox has just proven he really understands what's going on.

The Emu devs are writing code for the servers, that allows the server to recieve, interpret and send back data to the client. It's pretty obvious the devs didn't write "a whole new client", you installed the Emu from your SWG disks. Please refrain from trying to explain things you clearly don't understand.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: