SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 AM

meh i still play NGE i like it .....not as much as pre cu mind you but i still enjoy playing and its still better than nothing. and its my choice. however i keep a pre nge installation handy for just such an occasion and all files i need burned on two cds plu sitting on my spare Hard drive so I'm set to go at a moments notice.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:16 PM

AZHAR wrote:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Quote:
Originally Posted by Serc Repsac
Damn YOU must be young! I remember the days of opening up a huge drum and swapping out Disk Platters that held less than those 5.25 floppies and were almost as tall as me.....

hehe I've been around the block awhile. I've just haven't been into the computer scene until a bit late. The Texas Instrument TI99/4a was my first serious machine with QBasic/GWBasic, and a cassette deck to save and load stuff.

I'm 34, so I'm quite young as far as computers goes (after punch cards and ENIAC machines). But I've been around when harddrives were introduced and 10mb weighed about the same as a cinder block.

Staying on topic: Those of you who play the NGE, here's what you need to do:

1. uninstall SWG

2. install SWG again, but do not update it yet.

3. make a copy of the game folder so you'll have

c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies\
c:\program files\swgemu\

4. update the starwarsgalaxies folder normally using SOE's launcher. This will be your SWG NGE game.

5. update the swgemu folder following the instructions here. This will be your SWGEmu game.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

There are still problems with trying to get on the EMU still with these steps................I have done all the above and found that 2 problems exist still.
1. the slim launcher is setup to look into the starwarsgalaxies folder so if you create a folder named SWGEMU for instance the launcher will not look in that folder only the starwarsgalaxies and run an endless cycle opening infinite windows looking to update. Which brings me full circle to the second problem and the First problem we ended up with when trying to get onto the EMU the first time before the slimlauncher.

2.I did it the old way with the code and found myself needing the missing ms32dll file once again.

SOE is like the emporer Papatine do not underestimate them, but however they can be beaten and I want the DB :P
Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Actually I want to see the EMU give SOE a DB. Meaning eliminate us needing their ms32dll create our own so that we do not need them at all, it was like we were leaches sucking on a file that wasn't ours. Eliminate the host and grow ouselves to be stronger I say.

Once EMU is live SOE will be dead, or at least dead to me for my life WILL be solely on the EMU.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:56 PM

LOL I was considering giving them $15 to try out the new Chapter 5. I've heard a ton of terrible things about it so far, and now I get this. pfft...**** them.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:18 PM

I hate the NGE as much as the next person, but it is not nececery to insult the people that still play it

Totally unprofessional
Old 02-24-2007, 10:12 PM

SWG currently is a sad sad thing. Everyone is the SAME, pie chart skill sets which give everyone the same type/equal skills at each level/expertise. The graphical **** sandwitch that errupts in PvP now is out of control which lava and **** cloads all over to include ripped off Matrix Online sound effects.

**** SOE
Old 02-25-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jedi View Post
AZHAR wrote:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Quote:
Originally Posted by Serc Repsac
Damn YOU must be young! I remember the days of opening up a huge drum and swapping out Disk Platters that held less than those 5.25 floppies and were almost as tall as me.....

hehe I've been around the block awhile. I've just haven't been into the computer scene until a bit late. The Texas Instrument TI99/4a was my first serious machine with QBasic/GWBasic, and a cassette deck to save and load stuff.

I'm 34, so I'm quite young as far as computers goes (after punch cards and ENIAC machines). But I've been around when harddrives were introduced and 10mb weighed about the same as a cinder block.

Staying on topic: Those of you who play the NGE, here's what you need to do:

1. uninstall SWG

2. install SWG again, but do not update it yet.

3. make a copy of the game folder so you'll have

c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies\
c:\program files\swgemu\

4. update the starwarsgalaxies folder normally using SOE's launcher. This will be your SWG NGE game.

5. update the swgemu folder following the instructions here. This will be your SWGEmu game.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

There are still problems with trying to get on the EMU still with these steps................I have done all the above and found that 2 problems exist still.
1. the slim launcher is setup to look into the starwarsgalaxies folder so if you create a folder named SWGEMU for instance the launcher will not look in that folder only the starwarsgalaxies and run an endless cycle opening infinite windows looking to update. Which brings me full circle to the second problem and the First problem we ended up with when trying to get onto the EMU the first time before the slimlauncher.

2.I did it the old way with the code and found myself needing the missing ms32dll file once again.

SOE is like the emporer Papatine do not underestimate them, but however they can be beaten and I want the DB :P

You are correct. I had forgotten about this. The remedy is simple, however.

1. make sure all SWG is removed from your computer.

2. install the SWG cd, however, change the path to c:\program files\ngeswg

this way, the SOE Station Launcher will default to this path. But do NOT update the game yet!!

3. Copy the ngeswg folder to make a new c:\program files\starwarsgalaxies folder.. this will be your EMU game.

4. THEN you may proceed to update them both. The NGESWG folder would be updated via the Station launcher, while the STARWARSGALAXIES folder would be updated via SWGEmu Installer.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:27 PM

I havent played SWG since the DAY the NGE came out and i only reinstalled it just to play the EMU, im currently installed the EMU as i type this , some of the patching seems not to go threw like its stuck and then i click cancel current DOWNLOAD and it moves on to the next , anyone have an idea what the problem is? and will this still work just fine? and these downloads do take a very long time but as i figured
Old 02-25-2007, 10:55 PM

for all those poeple who think that tech support isn't helping you at all by not being specific enough into the matter i went ahead and solved my problem, i don't play nge but i still managed to have the problem and telling us to have two different games does not help you at all just makes them seem lazy

here we go you read

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

download that and unzip it to your swg folder the main directory of it and there oyu go.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazed View Post
for all those poeple who think that tech support isn't helping you at all by not being specific enough into the matter i went ahead and solved my problem, i don't play nge but i still managed to have the problem and telling us to have two different games does not help you at all just makes them seem lazy

here we go you read

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

download that and unzip it to your swg folder the main directory of it and there oyu go.

The problem with doing it this way though, is if you are playing the NGE, whenever you start the game, the Sony launcher will revert it to their new patch and delete that file again. Am I wrong?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 PM

OK...Not sure what to do here. I play the live version of SWG. It's installed into the default statwarsgalaxies folder.

Tonight I decided to give the emu a go. I installed, from my original cd's, into the folder starwarsgalaxiesemu.

I ran the emu installer, and downloaded the dll file pack. I edited the slimlauncher to run off the starwarsgalaxiesemu folder. Yet when I run the launcher, it says all files are fine, but I still get the "The procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_sample_playback_rate@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll." error message.

Any suggestions on getting this to work?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 AM
melikeybouncey

lol when i install the dlls i need to get in it says i dont have em
Old 02-27-2007, 11:13 AM

I got that error when I didn't even log into live after completely reinstalling... (And when I logged into live it said I had another 2 weeks or so on a trial subscription).
Old 02-27-2007, 04:42 PM

i still play the nge and what i did was went to a site i saw on this forum i think to download the old mss32.dll file but before i did that i moved the updated mss32.dll file into a totally dif folder then i started the download of the old file. now i just switch the sound files in and out depending on which i want to play, the bad thing about this for me is i now dont have sound for the emu
Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 PM

oh and another thing is when you try to launch the emu itll say something isnt found or something and all you have to do is push ok however many times it pops up and it will go to the emu at one point
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: