SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonafide View Post
Was a fun stress test and it seemed very successful. I am now wondering what the ETA of the final version is? Just out of curiosity.
"-Never ask for an ETA of when SWGEmu will be done. No one knows and you will only find negative responces.
-Never ask for an ETA of when SWGEmu will be done. No one knows and you will only find negative responces.
-Never ask for an ETA of when SWGEmu will be done. No one knows and you will only find negative responces."

When will SWGEmu be done?

I write this knowing no one will read the previous topic so here it is. NO ONE KNOWS. All i can say to you is don't expect to even have all content added till around spring of 2007. Just wait. It will be doen eventually. A wise man once said "hunger is the best spice", however the man then died after getting molested by wild boars."

-newbies guide to swgemu: http://swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds." -J. Robert Oppenheimer Quoting "The Bhagavad Gita"
Old 02-17-2007, 12:28 PM

got me hooked on the emu again. Its like crack I WANT MORE!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Great job! Although I'm confused about something...-

Since you guys had less lag on one machine than SOE did on their clustered servers, what does that mean? That since not much was in the server (I assume things like many npc's, working terminals, etc. weren't in) there was less lag? Or possibly SOE used clustered servers from early 2000 and the machine used was relatively new? =) I'm not much for computer knowledge, my apologies.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Kewl.

I can see into your deepest thoughts.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Word to yo mammy......
Old 02-17-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozas Darkdust View Post
Great job! Although I'm confused about something...-

Since you guys had less lag on one machine than SOE did on their clustered servers, what does that mean? That since not much was in the server (I assume things like many npc's, working terminals, etc. weren't in) there was less lag? Or possibly SOE used clustered servers from early 2000 and the machine used was relatively new? =) I'm not much for computer knowledge, my apologies.
I think SOE runs up to 3 servers on one machine. In reality, a SOE machine has 3x the strain an EMU machine would have.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:42 PM

Woot! gratz to the devs for a successful test! Playing precu again is amazing!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:45 PM

You would think with the new dual core processors ,that the servers would have less lag and more stability(which was true i didnt lag at all but i dced like 30 times, almost as bad). lol. Dual core ftw woot
Old 02-17-2007, 12:55 PM

I was lucky enough to get in.. It was awesome! I had disconnect errors but lag was minimal
Old 02-17-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonafide View Post

It was a fun stress test

Nice pic! I see me in there.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Rubin

Yea and almost no other object. Sorry to bust on this a bit but no npcs no ticket driods, and stuff dont you think that you are compairing apples to oranges. I say wait untill you get those objects loaded then say 278 in one area with no lag.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:12 PM

Congratualtions for you successfull stress test! But keep in mind that a lot of processing intensive things aren´t implemented in the current version of the emu. A whole galaxy with hundreds of players toggling scripts and database queries... I think its not fair to compare a fully operational system like the seo real servers with the emu in its current state, although its great to see pre-cu coming alive!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:19 PM

That was an uber test last night. The combat plays almost perfect and we had so many players! It was pretty stable at times too. I even had time to talk to someone and help him with his macros while everyone else was fighting, moving, and chatting! Great job devs! This is amazing!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Question.. what are the stats on the machine you were running on? And what kind of internet connection did you have?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:41 PM

I couldnt make it for the test last night, but it sounds like it turned out more amazing then planned. Great job guys
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: