SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.17 average. Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 05:51 AM

Hi all,

First thanks all the honest informations.
It seems that most of us hesitates to run SWGemu again because of that damn rubberband issue. And now DevTeam announces that, they took it as a first priority which is very good.

Would u please update us continuously about that issue. Because it is not something annoying but it completely prevents us to play the game.

Also lag is a huge problem when mixed with rubberband. Yesterday evening i put a new record, my crafting tool opened 70 seconds after I clicked it

Should i smile or should i cry.

Anyway, by all means, i love all because you brouhgt us all these good old memories. And will be on your side forever even though one buff craft takes 15 mins

Last edited by cubor; 12-05-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 AM

a macro for those spamming in cantinas while trying not to be logged off.

/afk;

/pause 180;

/macro afk;

you dont say anything and it changes your afk status and keeps you logged on.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Banned

No clone camping? Is this the carebear server?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
No clone camping? Is this the carebear server?
No, because killing someone while they are loading at the cloner and unable to respond is griefing.

That said, there's seemingly nothing wrong with camping outside covering the entrance for when they try to exit. At least not that I've read. And THAT seems reasonably fair.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 AM

WTB announcement for the installation of a 6-hour automatic restarting program for Nova in the next bi-weekly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Retired Game Master

The bi-weekly has been updated. Please note that staff will begin to take actions on accounts for violations.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 12-10-2009, 01:32 PM

As an entertainer myself, I am embarrassed by the AFK spammers in the Cantina. It is so easy to make a macro that uses /GroupChat to deliver your messages without the need to SPAM.

If you are an entertainer reading this and want to know how to make this macro, I will send you everything I have.

PM me on this forum, or send an in game mail to Wanna Dance.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevianT- View Post
Care to elaborate for someone who doesn't know any better?
Sorry for the vagueness and my delay in responding. I was worried I might be suggesting ETAs based on just a couple of small things a couple of the staff said, and that wouldn't be my intention or a correct conclusion. Here's what I caught in the update itself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush
After the 18th of December, I should have more time to get knee deep in the OR again.
This indicated that at least cRush expected the OR to still be in progress by the 18th of December, since he expected to be working on it after then. This was informative because up until reading that I had no idea if the OR would be completed *tomorrow*. I now knew that I had at least a couple of weeks if I wanted to play with the current incarnation of the TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa
Also, the OR revision has slowed down over the last week due to the holidays and several staffers dealing with finals, moving, completing projects for school, family, increased RL work, etc. [...] I would look for more round table discussions after the new year.
Serpentkaa's comments on (I believe) page 3 seemed to indicate further that the OR work would continue on into the new year. For those who just want to play on the server for a while and avoid real testing, as well as for those who are still hoping to reach Jedi before the next wipe, this is good news! There are still no promises, so there should be no whining if it's their will to wipe on a whim whenever, but we have a hazy hint of at least how long we can keep our characters.

To clarify, THIS IS NOT AN ETA. The OR could be completed 10 hours, 10 days, or 10 months after the new year. I only wanted to point out that it appears we have a bare minimum of a few weeks left.

Just my thoughts,
Poocho
Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 PM

SWGEMU team. Thank you for what you do.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
No, because killing someone while they are loading at the cloner and unable to respond is griefing.
Planned clone camping in an organized way to purposely grieve is a bad thing , but then again, no one really has set up gank squads at every cloner on a planet while another group killed Jedi so they could continue killing them over and over, most clone deaths are the direct results of Jedi failing to plan ahead in an NGE mentality to show off . Grant you we spawn tef'd if we didnt bother to unequip our sabers when death was evident, but it still can be solved 99% of the time by having stored clone data elsewhere, then choosing to clone in the same city we fell victim in.

I know this is going to cause a backlash, but face it, more Jedi are trying to twist the rule well beyond that of being killed while inside the cloner,

IMHO.....Instead of saying no clone camping, Serpentkaa should have advised Jedi to think ahead and store clone data often at non-populated spots and switch it up from time to time, ->>>

or took kyles advice when posed with BH's tefing Jedi and camping etc..--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Anyone padawan and up are open game, so you might want to keep your jedi hidden or reconsider playing jedi.

I am really at odds , since I am sure kyle tried to put in place a system to make Jedi hard, not cater to them......feel lucky he didnt make Boba run routes that included the cloner...........oh wait, on some planets Boba does.....

wonder when hes going to receive his warnings ?

This load screen should be changed ----

To-

The Bounty Hunters were gimped. They couldn't take a Jedi prisoner if they wanted to, instead being forced themselves into hiding out of fear of embarrassment.

Every Bounty hunter that thought he/she was capable had been assembled by Lord Vader himself, together they had descended on the Jedi remnants across the galaxy.

"let all live!" Lord Tater Bug issued to the various Bunny Hunters under his command. Every City is safe- from the core to the outer rim, no one is allowed to station themselves on high alert, instead take a blind eye within the city, especially any with a cloner.

One by one the Jedi laughed. Small skirmishes could be seen, if you happened to stumbled upon a few "pvping" each other in some isolated corner of a city. The Jedi knew they were being watched - and yet they had no fear, they did their best to force run away from any danger when crying "but I just cloned" didn't work , this was their unrelenting assault to combat the Empire's lack of pushing them into hiding, as few truly knew the art of PvP or an honorable death. The Jedi order was back in full swing, one by one their numbers grew as they were catered to because of a few carebears.....

"Nothing is going as I have forseen...." -Emperor

(But I have to agree , a "no killing inside the cloner" rule is a good thing, since a lot of people just cant plan ahead to prevent death in the 1st place) <<<<

Enjoy the laugh ! < <<< re-read before ranting please

Some Jedi are kickass, while some are........ well you know

Last edited by five9; 12-13-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:51 AM

nice post five9

in short, if your too dumb to play jedi, dont cry
Old 12-16-2009, 08:36 AM

I've been away for far too long. At least it shows I'm no "Troll." The food exploit is tempting, but I doubt I'd figure out how to use it. I can tell that Real Life is still going to be busy considering the college semester is ending and has already ended for some. It's time to hang in there and see what happens.

XBOX LIVE tag- Roaring Turttle

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GO GO POWER STAFF-TEAM! In MMO world, STAFF=GOD
Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM

jedi, you know the risks before your jedi. why cry about them.

i dont cry after putting my hand in a burning hot oven, which i knew full well was turned on, for it to be removed from my house.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:46 AM

The only Jedi pissing and moaning are going to be those who don't dedicate themselves to learning how to play their class. I along with dozens and dozens of others have proven that even a incomplete template Jedi (A Jedi in training) can defeat a MBH if you remain calm and make sure you take the right things initially in your skill trees.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:20 AM

Thanks for your hard work
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: