SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumanity View Post
And you guys fail to realize even if they DID wipe, the OR server wouldnt be ready so we would just be playing on a test center all over again. That would be a waste of time and the people who worked hard for what they have would likely quit playing, therefore no more donations.
FYI, the OR will also be a test bed, on a test server, once it is complete 'enough'. Long way to go still.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
I just dont see how you can compare this with $OE. Im not trying to flame anyone. What happened here isnt even close to what $OE did.

$OE took a game we paid for, loved and scraped it for the NGE! Completely changing the game. I really dont think a wipe or no wipe really changes the game much and on top of that we dont have to pay to play!

What happened here was disappointing but crap happens.People make mistakes.Its what we do. Believe it or not,no one is perfect. Not even the EMU Team.

Remember the hate we had,(I still have),for $OE??
Can you honestly tell me you have the same hate for the EMU Team over this?? I would have to hate them that much to be able to compare the two!

But hey,thats me! Im not even a little mad over this mess,(I voted for the wipe),.It was just a mistake, it isnt the first and it sure as hell wont be the last.

Right now Im just thankful I can play/test pre-cu and have confidence the Team will do whats best for this server. I respect their decisions whether I think it to be right or wrong.

Thankx,

AlphaDawg
Good point, and I'd just like to say, just to see what they hype is about, I downloaded the trial SOE version (I left after CU), and I'd rather play this wipe or no wipe any day. I'm not even going to talk about how it went....it was worse then even i had foreseen...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow2k View Post
I think you should go back and read the first post in this thread. They didn't ignore your opinion. They had valid reasons for what they did, whether you agree with their decision or not.

If they wanted to ignore you, they never would have posted the polls. Why create the drama? Makes no sense.
You've got it backwards mate. If the devs had decided on a wipe without asking us then that would have been out of necessity for the development of the server or OR or whatever. But this wipe was for us, so they asked us. If you remove a president from his/ her office its out of necessity, if you hold an election it becomes a choice for the people. (sorry for the odd analogy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
What we now realize is it may cause more damage then good in the end. .
This is the only valid reason they gave, if its a reason at all.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Wow didnt know we had so many nge whiners on here. Im guessing the 66% of the voters who said yes never played pre cu?
lol
Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunofiasco View Post
Odwill, cRush, and all I don't know the name of, please always keep in mind that for every people unhappy on any given MMO forum there *always* are 10 times as much (if not even more) that are happy. Please do always always keep this in mind
this
Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
What we now realize is it may cause more damage then good in the end.

The SWGEmu Team.
I think we should have a poll about that

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Wow didnt know we had so many nge whiners on here. Im guessing the 66% of the voters who said yes never played pre cu?
Been playin since Pre-CU Beta2 And I voted yes so your guess is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
For all those who keep saying that this game is FREE. Think again.

The day the flow of money ends is the same day this project comes to an end.

In my opinion, If you play, you should pay.
And your amount donated is?

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 AM

Its demonotcracy.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Therefore, due to voting disparities with new accounts, adverse affect on the community of the polling process, and unaddressed issues, we are calling off the poll and the possibility of a wipe.
I dont care if the TC is wiped or not but I strongly believe if you make a poll you should stand by the poll results: 63% people agree with the wipe and 36% disagrees. Now you say you are calling off the poll, what means to me that no matter what people say, only how loud they cry.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow2k View Post
So go buy a 180dmg VK off the bazaar for 20k like most of us have been doing for a while now. Who freakin cares, its a test center.
I got this price directly off the bazaar.

Whole point of that post is that cheaters now rule TC...inflating the market to absurb levels and this, by looks of it, is perfectly acceptable. A wipe with nerfed loot tables, buffing crafted gear, and disabling certain features used for some of the duping might have been a good thing to test is all I am thinking.

Last edited by fixit6; 04-28-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:48 AM

Ok guys here what will happen after the wipe:
1-The harvesters are removed so will have to sample the resources with your hands.
2-Due to the harvester's absence the mineral will be in small stock and short supply, so you will not find anyone selling them for 10cpu or like i see now.
3-The speeders drink the resources like water so no one will make it with sweet heart.
4-You wont buy speeders from the bazaar for 20k ever again, the cheapest one with be more than 50k (i prefer to sell resources in raw rather than selling speeders for 50k lol)
5-Well everything connected with the resources will fly in the air and most of us will not be able to make it.
6-Bank dispose disabled so you have to make and alt to stack your stuff, then how many character we need if the bank can carry 100 items and toon can carry 80 only (make your calculation and see it by your self).
7-The dupers, cheaters, exploiters and who ever there names is (damn them they ruining everything) will stop there activities due to the new anti hack system for while till the thing calms and most forget about them, after month or so they will regain there work and we will see a lot of stuff that shouldn't be here in the first place resurface and the auctions goes for those crazy prices again, again and again...................... it will not end till another wipe and another and another.
8-And here we go again, people will show up "WE NEED WIPE!!!!!!" another Vicious circle that wont end!!!!!.
9-The OR will retarded because of the nonsense and the things will stay in same place rather than moving forward.
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE guys be considering the devs decision, they haven't take it so lightly and without thinking about consequences, they have an idea in there minds i know.
"Be patient obi wan solution to this problem is here some where" Qui Gon Jinn
Sorry for my bad talk and thanks for reading.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 AM

Lets make everything equal and give everyone a kajillion creds.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidfadon View Post
I dont care if the TC is wiped or not but I strongly believe if you make a poll you should stand by the poll results: 63% people agree with the wipe and 36% disagrees. Now you say you are calling off the poll, what means to me that no matter what people say, only how loud they cry.
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:05 AM

Wipe idea was shot down so really no point continuing talking about all this anyways. What's done is done.

In the end, sooner or later; exploiting will have to be addressed and not shoved under the carpet.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
Yes, if they want 2/3 then is OK to don't wipe the server, but I'm quite afraid of people playing too serious a TC can be a problem for testing new things.

Last edited by cidfadon; 04-28-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: