SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
eldiablol/
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM

Pfft, so much for the huge comeback I was going to make, back to WoW for now
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseofdarkness View Post
Nooo rise noooo!!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:24 AM

To be honest, yeah i will still play but properly not as much. WHy lie to the part of the community that voted for a wipe? I have 37 Freinds leaving because of the lies. I just want a member of staff to answer this?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 AM

You know what SWGEmu team are the ones doing the hard work on this and the fact that they are giving us an opportunity to voice our opinion is awesome. I think if they want to do a wipe on a TEST CENTER then by all means go for it.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
Well, If it was 63% yes, they state before hand that to wipe would require a 2/3 vote; meaning 66%. So if it was 63% to 36% there would still be no wipe...
It was 66.95% at the time of closing, vs a majority 66% threshold. And that was with a- literally- last second flood of additional "No, but I don't care" votes.

The "conspiracy theories" about vote tampering are idiotic, but also pointless- even if Diebold was running the poll, the results started very high in favor of a clean slate and never dropped below 66%.

I was among the 'yes' votes, but it's pretty clear that members of the Emu Staff were against the wipe. Their votes should weigh quite a bit heavier than ours. It is their ball.

Last edited by Lamune; 04-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiho View Post
You know what SWGEmu team are the ones doing the hard work on this and the fact that they are giving us an opportunity to voice our opinion is awesome. I think if they want to do a wipe on a TEST CENTER then by all means go for it.

See, another point to wipe. This is a Test Center so they could have tested new ways to stop people duping, new ways of unlocking jedi. Thats 2 things they could have tested by doing a wipe. But they are not testing anything now.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden Nar View Post
To be honest, yeah i will still play but properly not as much. WHy lie to the part of the community that voted for a wipe? I have 37 Freinds leaving because of the lies. I just want a member of staff to answer this?
37 friends leaving? Dear lord. I have 150 friends staying because of no wipe that were going to leave if it were wiped.

Shall we continue with the insane statements?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:32 AM

hmm people seem to be really worked up...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
37 friends leaving? Dear lord. I have 150 friends staying because of no wipe that were going to leave if it were wiped.

Shall we continue with the insane statements?
Well to be honest we needed a wipe to test new things.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Well to be honest we needed a wipe to test new things.
No, we didn't. If they wanted to fix duping it could be done without a dB wipe. Their "fixing" was to disable banking terms ( the cause of duping ) which they could still do now.

In fact, wipe or not, they added NEW loot tables for us to explore.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Already done about 1,384 pages back in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseofdarkness View Post
I guess a fancy sig does not a gamer make.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.
first off how is doing the opposite of what a majority of people supported in a poll you guys rephrased and recreated multiple times not ignoring the community.... Again in the terms of YOUR poll a yes is a yes, its not the communities fault you gave blue frogs as an option in a poll that we thought you would honor.
Second, honestly what did you expect. The staff has seen the reaction from this community after many of the public relations blunders that have been made. If yall were not prepared for the outcome the poll should not have been created to start with, and then def not remade after the first catastrophe.
Third, if the developers are doing this project purely due to community support, you might as well stop now. its a little insulting to the people following the project to try and blame any delays on their lack of apprecation for your efforts. If the developers were not getting something out of the project, then why waste your time with it. There is other projects working on this style of game that dont need the coddling of a community to work, so what is their motivation?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Just happy to have this to play...

With all the flaws, this is still the closest thing to Galaxies as I loved it. I can not express enough appreciation to the folks who work to bring this to life. Last time I checked, no one is being charged money to play...they could probably make great headway on this project if they shut it down for a few months to not have to deal with all the demands an operational server places on their time.

Thanks guys/gals for the work and the server...

LanShark
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: