SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM

It's great to see the progress you've made, and plan on making. Seems a lot of things are going to be coming to fruition really soon and it's very exciting!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM

<@DevChat> Ferren asks, " is there any chance that swgemu team will run theyre own finished server/ "
<@Ramsey> We've been talking about running our own server for months. It certainly makes sense for us to do so, and there has been ongoing internal discussions about how it all should be run IF we were to do so. At the end of the year, we'll be announcing our direction for 2009 and be able to address our stance on an official server
<@Seaseme> The great donations the past few months have definetly making us consider.
<@Ramsey> The donations have definately easied our financial worries over weather we would be able to support an official server. THANK YOU for donating
<@Bobius> Thank You for donating
<@Seaseme> thanks

When I seen that I was actually pretty happy.

@ cRush, I know about blue milk and it's ability to heal your mind(what was it, 600-700 at most for the best?), but brandy would also buff your mind + sub stats, you'd get like 200 less mind but, wearing full comp + spamming specials it did help more in the end. Yes there was canapes, but for food there was synth steaks, canapes, def mod foods(jedi/stackers liked these), and even burst run food. I think you could eat 3 canapes if your initial synth steak's filling was gone by the time you entered combat. So without a squad leader in a fight where your enemy ends up running, you'll want some of that burst run food(I can't believe I forgot it's name). So really as far as drink went, Brandy was your best choice for PvP and most PvE situations.

I kinda went off into the food a bit there, I'm excited really chef might be useful on TC soon because as of rightn ow my plan is to play a crafter and not even pvp lol.

If CM doesn't receive any major attention anytime soon, could it be possible to only code in mind heal for a quick *bandaid* fix to not really having a way to heal it. If CMs can't toss poison, but could heal mind damage, 0400 could be picked up. I think it would be better then making blue milk super over powered and allowing everyone to do it. It would be the worse of the 2 bandaid fixes, once food is done if you could add that little bit of code I think a whole lot of people would be very, very, happy.

Last edited by Slippy; 11-16-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
<@DevChat> Ferren asks, " is there any chance that swgemu team will run theyre own finished server/ "
<@Ramsey> We've been talking about running our own server for months. It certainly makes sense for us to do so, and there has been ongoing internal discussions about how it all should be run IF we were to do so. At the end of the year, we'll be announcing our direction for 2009 and be able to address our stance on an official server
<@Seaseme> The great donations the past few months have definetly making us consider.
<@Ramsey> The donations have definately easied our financial worries over weather we would be able to support an official server. THANK YOU for donating
<@Bobius> Thank You for donating
<@Seaseme> thanks

When I seen that I was actually pretty happy.

@ cRush, I know about blue milk and it's ability to heal your mind(what was it, 600-700 at most for the best?), but brandy would also buff your mind + sub stats, you'd get like 200 less mind but, wearing full comp + spamming specials it did help more in the end. Yes there was canapes, but for food there was synth steaks, canapes, def mod foods(jedi/stackers liked these), and even burst run food. I think you could eat 3 canapes if your initial synth steak's filling was gone by the time you entered combat. So without a squad leader in a fight where your enemy ends up running, you'll want some of that burst run food(I can't believe I forgot it's name). So really as far as drink went, Brandy was your best choice for PvP and most PvE situations.

I kinda went off into the food a bit there, I'm excited really chef might be useful on TC soon because as of rightn ow my plan is to play a crafter and not even pvp lol.

If CM doesn't receive any major attention anytime soon, could it be possible to only code in mind heal for a quick *bandaid* fix to not really having a way to heal it. If CMs can't toss poison, but could heal mind damage, 0400 could be picked up. I think it would be better then making blue milk super over powered and allowing everyone to do it. It would be the worse of the 2 bandaid fixes, once food is done if you could add that little bit of code I think a whole lot of people would be very, very, happy.
Brandy and Canape doesn't "heal" mind, but yes, they are good to have as secondary buffs.

I am going to try very hard to get Combat Medic started very soon, but first I need to rewrite some of the way that skills work.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Brandy and Canape doesn't "heal" mind, but yes, they are good to have as secondary buffs.

I am going to try very hard to get Combat Medic started very soon, but first I need to rewrite some of the way that skills work.
Thanks, and I meant Brandy as in it gives you mind, willpower, and focus. And relying on Canape for willpower and focus in long fights when other foods might be better used because of filling.

Thanks for your answer, I know a lot of us ex-cms want to see it back in game

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: