SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:11 AM

When I'm using my mineral survery tool, I'm getting what I think are strange names. If I select "Ziymequadite" and survey for it, Im actually locating "Phrik Aluminum". I reported a bug but was told it was just simply the name of the resource. Should the name of the resource I'm surveying for be Aluminum, not Ziymequadite? Some clarification on this would be great as I didn't do much surveying back in the day, I just wanted to help test things out.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 AM

Usually survey tools show a "tree" that lists the category, classification and type of resource... then you survey for the current named spawn. Right now all that is listed is the names.

There is a bug, but it's not what you think. The names are correct... The bug has been documented and confirmed... and will hopefully be fixed before the Object Restructure is complete - however that may be a bug that is not fixed until the OR is complete.

For instance.

Quadeq is a named spawn of steel. It's specifically a Duralloy Steel. Right now Quadeq is found on Dantooine, Dathomir, Endor, Lok, Naboo, Rori and Yavin. It will spawn on all or some of these for a few days or weeks, until it's spawn runs out. A new named spawn of Duralloy Steel will replace it at some point, with a different name, different stats and possibly different planets. It's possible that another Duralloy Steel will appear before Quadeq runs out, or it may be weeks before a new Duralloy steel appears in the galaxy.

EDIT: TBH I'd love a button in the survey tool that allows me to view the resources like this. No tree and listed alphabetically is wildly efficient for miners. This would make a great feature to add to the game.

Last edited by corbaer; 06-26-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 AM

Thanks Corbaer! I was a little perplexed to say the least.

Keep up the great work guys! You are all doing an amazing job!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 PM

My fleshy, non robotic hands tremble with anticipation. Your feeble coding skills have done well.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:48 PM

I just tried to survey yesterday and the survey device listed.......nothing. both sides were blank. Bug.

Join me please

SWGEmu Client Setup (LPE)**SWGEmu FAQ**Client Setup Guide**Pre- CU What does that mean?**Community Service Anouncements**New Users Most Common Problems
Old 06-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Something happened to the resource spawns when the server reset. The team is (or will be) looking into it.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
Something happened to the resource spawns when the server reset. The team is (or will be) looking into it.
This

Old 06-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Yes, I did the same today, I know you are working on the issue. but again, the all tools do not list the resources at all.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 AM

Just so you know... right now, even with old resources... crafting isn't EXACTLY working... none of the crafted items take into account the stats on whatever resources you use... so you get the bare minimum item you can make, no experimentation (not that it works right now anyway i.e.- critical failure, critical failure, criti... yeah you get the point)... so you can craft a bone armor helmet... but you get 6 percent resist to electricity... WATCH OUT Bounty Hunters! hehe.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley66444 View Post
Just so you know... right now, even with old resources... crafting isn't EXACTLY working... none of the crafted items take into account the stats on whatever resources you use... so you get the bare minimum item you can make, no experimentation (not that it works right now anyway i.e.- critical failure, critical failure, criti... yeah you get the point)... so you can craft a bone armor helmet... but you get 6 percent resist to electricity... WATCH OUT Bounty Hunters! hehe.
Actually it is working, but you cant do any of the things you listed because of this...

Effectiveness of the tool you get form a blue frog is -15, every tool you make with it has negative effectiveness to, because of it you cant experiment, and the items you craft end up with crappy stats. Fix the general crafting tool effectiveness, you fix all the current crafting problems.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Actually it is working, but you cant do any of the things you listed because of this...

Effectiveness of the tool you get form a blue frog is -15, every tool you make with it has negative effectiveness to, because of it you cant experiment, and the items you craft end up with crappy stats. Fix the general crafting tool effectiveness, you fix all the current crafting problems.
Well, I was using a 5.xx effective crafting tool i made before experimenting got bonked and every resource i put in didn't take into account the stats on it, so i don't think it's dealing with the effectiveness of the tools.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM

I apologize i forgot that resources, while they spawned, had no stats, they were all the same, but i only had blue frogs general crafting tools so it made no difference, crafted items that i made would end up crappy either way.

So basically we have two problems them resources stats, and crafting tools negative stats.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 AM

Yup... well at least a temporary fix would be to get the crafting tools to at least recognize the resource stats again (well, and get resources back on the survey scans... this may be the whole problem with resources to begin with, being that the resources no longer exist, the crafting tools can't load their statistics from the database) and if the crafting tools at least recognized the stats AND we could get a crafting tool above 0.00, then we could use that crafting tool to craft better one... etc...
Old 07-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Surveying seems to be working correctly now, as does harvesting from animals.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 07-04-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Surveying seems to be working correctly now, as does harvesting from animals.
WOOT!

Thanks for the update.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: