SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Take a look at the profession section of the forum, you can read up on all the professions. Also take a look at the links in my sig, especially the What's Pre-Cu? link.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravie-Pride View Post
Ohh yeah thats what i ment before. sorry for being unclear... anyhow how does someone have fun after useing all of their points? what is there to work at?
In the old days, many would consider tryiing for Jedi, back when they were relatively rare. Others would form or join guilds and engage in group play, like PvE dungeon raids or PvP base storming. Still others would simply enjoy the interaction with other players, which pre-CU virtually required. Others would try to make their character the best their profession could offer. Yet others would change professions on the fly as the whim struck them and build a new character from the old.

Pre-CU was more about the journey of getting there than the goal itself.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:10 PM

ok community

so it's based on comunity more than anything else... if thats the case i hope that Many Pvp servers will be made like group wars and stuff like that, that way it wouldn't get boreing... sooo will jedi be rare to get in this game? or can you just choose to be a jedi?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
so it's based on comunity more than anything else... if thats the case i hope that Many Pvp servers will be made like group wars and stuff like that, that way it wouldn't get boreing... sooo will jedi be rare to get in this game? or can you just choose to be a jedi?
it's based on community as in there isnt much without it.. its a totaly player based economy. not a loot based instance economy. So with any economy, there is a community that must interact... peacefully AND violently.

PVP servers? no.. its bigger than that. Put it this way, Ive been in PVP battles on a player owned base that crashed the server.. you will get your pvp.

Jedi rare? eh.. depends on how many really want to be jedi.. but no, you dont get to make a Jedi at the character creation screen.

here's a screen of a big fight: http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=199584

hope thats enough pvp for ya.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Even with a PVP server, the players are dependent on the crafters of the community. And yes Jedi will be rare, and extremely hard to get, just choosing Jedi is the way of NGE and Pre-CU is entirely different from that.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroniK View Post
Even with a PVP server, the players are dependent on the crafters of the community. And yes Jedi will be rare, and extremely hard to get, just choosing Jedi is the way of NGE and Pre-CU is entirely different from that.
Yeah, if they use the village Jedi system, which IMO was FAR beter story-wise yet far more time consuming a journey than the old simple hologrind, getting a Jedi in the pre-CU game was a LONG process, sought after by only the most dedicated.

Some people had to master dozens of professions just to become Force Sensitive, then earn XP equivalent to dozens more (averaging a 5:1 ratio or MORE) to get to their actually reaching the exit quest, which once completed (and trust me you needed a decent size group for it) began your journey as a Novice Jedi.

And then the REAL work began.

And to master those professions in the first place you had to be willing to gut your character template over and over. Truly "unlearning what you had learned."

Take it from an Elder Jedi from the pre-CU era, on one level it was a lot of fun especially when you built your own starting saber and first heard that rewarding snap-hiss of the blade igniting. And on another, it was a stone-cold son of a b!tch slog that made you ready to carve out your own spleen with a dull spoon that would seemingly never end.

The real question is: Is it worth enough to you?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 AM

not again..........

ScionYoto Mpowers/Mhealer/4xx4Enhancer

RODIUS TK/SMUGGLER
Old 07-19-2009, 09:20 AM

Jedi

So it will be very hard work to become a jedi... thats good for me that way if i ever become one it won't be ohh look another jedi like in SWG. I'm guessing that you don't need to be a jedi to have a litesaber because in almost every vid of SWGEMu i watch i see people with double red lightsabers... why is that?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
So it will be very hard work to become a jedi... thats good for me that way if i ever become one it won't be ohh look another jedi like in SWG. I'm guessing that you don't need to be a jedi to have a litesaber because in almost every vid of SWGEMu i watch i see people with double red lightsabers... why is that?
The videos are not a good indication of pre-cu play, every player and there dog who got a jedi made a video or has a hundred screenies of there jedi. Pre-cu play for me at least was a great sandbox where you could do anything or nothing and still have fun. There was crafting which required a dedication to the collection of the best resources, group play in order to obtain the best enhancements for your trade (gorax bones, Krayt tissue, Janta blood etc. etc.) hunting parties for hides, bones and meat (these were some of the best times I had in game),searching out great clothing attachments to achieve +12 experimentation capability and then finally the satisfaction of creating a truly great suit of armour, weapon, food, buff.

Most things revolve around crafting in this game as a pure combat toon you still have tons to do after completing your template (which I found is never truly done, as there are always tweaks and improvements you can make to him/her) CA's and AA's are a must for any serious player (clothing attachments and armour attachments), collecting enhancements for weapons and armour (unless you enjoy paying through the nose for your weapons and armour) collecting schematics for the "rarer" weapons (scythe, executioners hack, Geo pistol, etc.), hunting for the ever elusive legendary weapon drops or just that great nightsister pike with the nasty mind fire.

Besides crafting and fighting is the social aspect of this game, in the cantinas there are always peeps to swap war stories with, flirt with or just shoot the sh!t, changing your appearance is something that some enjoy via image designers, even standing in line for buffs is fun, 99% of the time there is fun banter going on while everyone waits, then there is building or maintaining a city or guild.

These are just a start of what goes on in SWG pre-cu, it is not like those other games, this is not a game it is an experience.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKenigma View Post
The videos are not a good indication of pre-cu play, every player and there dog who got a jedi made a video or has a hundred screenies of there jedi. Pre-cu play for me at least was a great sandbox where you could do anything or nothing and still have fun. There was crafting which required a dedication to the collection of the best resources, group play in order to obtain the best enhancements for your trade (gorax bones, Krayt tissue, Janta blood etc. etc.) hunting parties for hides, bones and meat (these were some of the best times I had in game),searching out great clothing attachments to achieve +12 experimentation capability and then finally the satisfaction of creating a truly great suit of armour, weapon, food, buff.

Most things revolve around crafting in this game as a pure combat toon you still have tons to do after completing your template (which I found is never truly done, as there are always tweaks and improvements you can make to him/her) CA's and AA's are a must for any serious player (clothing attachments and armour attachments), collecting enhancements for weapons and armour (unless you enjoy paying through the nose for your weapons and armour) collecting schematics for the "rarer" weapons (scythe, executioners hack, Geo pistol, etc.), hunting for the ever elusive legendary weapon drops or just that great nightsister pike with the nasty mind fire.

Besides crafting and fighting is the social aspect of this game, in the cantinas there are always peeps to swap war stories with, flirt with or just shoot the sh!t, changing your appearance is something that some enjoy via image designers, even standing in line for buffs is fun, 99% of the time there is fun banter going on while everyone waits, then there is building or maintaining a city or guild.

These are just a start of what goes on in SWG pre-cu, it is not like those other games, this is not a game it is an experience.
Exactly right. There were many in my guild at the time who outright refused to go for Jedi as they had invested a lot of time on tweaking their template and din't want to gut it.

I got a Jedi in those days, but pretty late to the party relatively speaking, so I missed the fun of permadeath and all that. And I only went for it after finding out via the holocrons that I was fairly along the process anyway in the course of changing my template several times to help out the guild. Otherwise I likely would not have made a stab for it.

It was far more about community and the journey than the shiny sabers.

Jedi SEEMED fun when there were relatively few, there was a time when you might see one every few months. But once visibility got removed, there were far too few impediments to Jedi and they became less fun with each new Padawan. Once the game became KOTOR online for all intents and purposes they became a joke. And then the Antichrist of the NGE put the last nail in the coffin.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Because far too many of the Jedi in those days were Darth Maul wannabes who forgot what Jedi were supposed to be post-Episode 4 where the game was set originally.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
Because far too many of the Jedi in those days were Darth Maul wannabes who forgot what Jedi were supposed to be post-Episode 4 where the game was set originally.
Darth Maul wannabes? Dude, talk about choosing a bad idol. Darth Maul got pwnd by a Jedi Noob Obi Wan... At the very beggining!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:08 AM

glad to see that flight is coming along this is one of the features that excites me
i would like to see how different it is in pre cu to live servers as pre cu in general is completely different and i like it for that fact
Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethariel View Post
Darth Maul wannabes? Dude, talk about choosing a bad idol. Darth Maul got pwnd by a Jedi Noob Obi Wan... At the very beggining!
Lies... obi wan got lucky

Most skillful with sabers in films:
1)Anakin
2)Maul
3)yoda
Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wint3rz View Post
Lies... obi wan got lucky

Most skillful with sabers in films:
1)Anakin
2)Maul
3)yoda
Mildly disagree...

#1 = Mace Windu..

He was owning Palpatine's (emporer) arse till he got the old back door job from Anakin.

Last edited by BigEvil; 07-20-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: