SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Good idea, and that's exactly the plan.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM

I will be honest, i can get an additional 5 people to jump in for stress test but they dont want to go through the effort without knowing whats going to be in the test. they logged in awhile back and know of the current progress but they want to see something...notable to jump in for. they love the bug fixes and progress. but they seem to be stalling at... "more game features" need to be there before they put in more effort.

And i know your close on alot of these. so now its just... which ones might be in for the stress test.

if we tell them some new feature will be there. They will come....
Old 12-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Developer
DeveloperAdministrator

We need to test the stability of the server.

What is the point of adding all these game features if they won't work under pressure when there's 3000 people connected.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 PM

I am remembering a story I heard when I was a kid about a hen who made bread. No one wanted to help her make it, but everyone wanted to eat it when it was finished.

We have a unique thing here. We have always been upset with SOE and LA about a lack of input and ability to aid. With emu, we have that.

Let's not tear up the beutiful wrapping paper just to get to the gift and then be upset it was not what we wanted.

We need to help make the bread so it is 'ours' when we eat it.

EVERYONE who has intentions of playing this when it goes live should be there if they can.

We've been begging to have pre-cu back. The devs are making that happen. They are asking for OUR help in testing it. We owe this and anything else they ask us to aid them with.

Saturday be there
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman7381 View Post
I am remembering a story I heard when I was a kid about a hen who made bread. No one wanted to help her make it, but everyone wanted to eat it when it was finished.

We have a unique thing here. We have always been upset with SOE and LA about a lack of input and ability to aid. With emu, we have that.

Let's not tear up the beutiful wrapping paper just to get to the gift and then be upset it was not what we wanted.

EVERYONE who has intentions of playing this when it goes live should be there if they can.

We've been begging to have pre-cu back. The devs are making that happen. They are asking for OUR help in testing it. We owe this and anything else they ask us to aid them with.

Saturday be there
Wise man. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axler View Post
I will be honest, i can get an additional 5 people to jump in for stress test but they dont want to go through the effort without knowing whats going to be in the test. they logged in awhile back and know of the current progress but they want to see something...notable to jump in for. they love the bug fixes and progress. but they seem to be stalling at... "more game features" need to be there before they put in more effort.

And i know your close on alot of these. so now its just... which ones might be in for the stress test.

if we tell them some new feature will be there. They will come....
If they don't want to play, they don't have to play, but we won't pander to a few people who think that they will be bored on they day. They can come or they can not come - however it will be fun, and they will miss out if they don't come.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Hmm. I have to admit that folks demanding some payoff other than hanging with hundred upon hundreds of pre-cu lovers and helping to bring pre-cu back to life, kind of make me sad.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:36 AM

What do they really even have to do anyways, fire up the client in a low-res window, and leave it in the background for an hour, lol. While that happens... Go make a cake or watch some Deal or No Deal if you don't want to play teh best game evar!!!1!111
Old 12-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofdex View Post
What do they really even have to do anyways, fire up the client in a low-res window, and leave it in the background for an hour, lol. While that happens... Go make a cake or watch some Deal or No Deal if you don't want to play teh best game evar!!!1!111
Actually playing would be optimal. However idling does help.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman7381 View Post

Saturday be there
Indeed. We are all helping in ways we can....but some just don't understand that even thier smallest efforts can help.....All they want is the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
Hmm. I have to admit that folks demanding some payoff other than hanging with hundred upon hundreds of pre-cu lovers and helping to bring pre-cu back to life, kind of make me sad.
People who live in the NOW have thier use as well.....after all....just think of how much they are helping the AH.

K
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: