SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Show everyone this evidence if you are going to claim such things
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Show everyone this evidence if you are going to claim such things
the claim and evidence was posted earlier in this thread...whether it is factual or not I do not know as I am not a vbulletin admin/dev.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Please don't play this game with them. I think you trying to point out that people make mistakes is more than enough. There was no maliciousness behind any of it, the exact opposite. It just didn't go as planned.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM

Yeah, thanks for appologizing cRush. That's very admirable especially since, in my opinion, an appology from the dev team is completely not needed. An apopology from some of the player community...now that's another thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 PM

Well.. it seems as though my post congratulating you on not being like SOE and actually listening to your player base was based on a lie.
I guess you listen closer to your 'focus testing group' and hope this will make the game more 'star warsy'. Thanks again Julio Torres.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM

Hmm what happened?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothix View Post
Hmm what happened?
First the earth cooled...then the dinosaurs came...but they got too big and fat and died and turned to oil. Then the arabs came and they all bought mercedes benzes.

- from the movie Airplane
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapn2004 View Post
First the earth cooled...then the dinosaurs came...but they got too big and fat and died and turned to oil. Then the arabs came and they all bought mercedes benzes.

- from the movie Airplane
Finally something to laugh about on this bitter place
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Okay first of all.. I read a bunch of the posts through this thread and am ashamed at a large majority of people I have to share the game space with. Taking to the Devs like they own you something, not to mention how everyone seems to have turned EMO all of a sudden...

First of all not all people who voted no to the wipe are credit dupers or pure evil. I am broke in game and voted no. Personally a couple of tiny changes wasn't worth losing the month or so I've been running around doing stuff. The justification of it's a TC didn't cut it either since hey what are we really going to be testing? As said on there it wasn't for any kind of testing purposes other that possibly finding other ways people would cheat.

Second of all.. Wonder if maybe the poll threads hadn't turned into such a joke would it have turned out better? People not voting more than once, or posting pictures of blue frogs every 2 seconds making them larger each time. Or how about just in general fighting with each other over the dumbest things. I gave up reading them because most of the stuff I had to go through was garbage to get to things that were even relevant to the poll.

Lastly.. Stop being little babies, nobody owes you anything, stop whining AND GROW A PAIR! Thanks. If you can't go pay to play NGE or something... Personally for myself the only downside is I had no reason to play until this was decided sine whatever I worked for could possibly be for nothing. But if you were smart you took things you needed to do and got them done (such as a reformat).
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

No matter what the devs did, someone would be crying about it. No matter what ANYONE does, someone will cry about it. Did we come here to play SWG or cry? Shut the **** up and go play. If you don't want to play, then shut the **** up and go do something else.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Its been shown already but here:
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

The only user(s) capable of casting a negative vote is a moderator.
There was never any intention of doing a wipe.
This poll was done for one reason.... To put at rest the complaints many have made about exploits and dupes.
You would create this poll and say "Look at us! We LISTEN to our community!". But that wasn't to be.

The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.

Last edited by kookaburra; 04-27-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post

The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.
/Applause Fn Applause

It seems so much more Vaderific when a Staffer says it.

It was an opinion poll at most..not a "vote that will be held as law. This is SWG EMU not Immigration Reform.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-landi View Post
/Applause Fn Applause

It seems so much more Vaderific when a Staffer says it.

It was an opinion poll at most..not a "vote that will be held as law. This is SWG EMU not Immigration Reform.

Meh, throwup. How can you be so transparently worshipful and fanboi.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
Please do not go the route of name calling and insults to the community. Use your moderator privileges and edit/delete offending posts and posters. This only fuels the drama further.
Closed Thread