SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivin2000 View Post
The big thing many people need to remember that TC, as it stands now, is in beta testing stage as far as content and game mechanics goes.

I've had the "pleasure" of beta testing several games, both free and to be paid for, and they've all had a large pool of paid staff members who were devoted to coding, customer service, advertising and even in game testing. SWGEmu does not have that. We have the pleasure of being able to play a game we loved, or a friend loved dearly and dragged us into, for free while they work out the kinks.

Yes, the project has been in the works for several years but, unlike the games pushed out by companies such as SOE, Blizzard, Mythic, EA, etc, this game has not had the devoted staffing that those companies have. I mean devoted in the, "this is my job I work on it 8 hours a day" way. Emu has been coded by many people working in thier spare time.

I mentioned all this to ask those who are ready to start jumping on the "you're not working fast enough," "I want and update," "You devs don't know what you're doing" band wagons to think back to how long before a game was released did they hear about it. I personally heard about the Star Trek Online game being in the works over five years ago and followed it through the various companies who worked on the project, the strikes, the scrapping of code, the loss of funding, change in direction, yadda, yadda, shmackity, shamckity. What happened with that game? It finally hit open Beta and there were a slew of complaints about how the game wasn't done and that they needed to fix this problem or that problem NOW. I experienced similar issues with CoH, DAoC, EQII, and even SWG. Concidering the changes in the Emu team's make up and the VOLENTEER nature of the labor, I'd say they've done a fine job of returning us to the game we loved.

The current code on TC is not being worked on anymore, as I understand it, in favor of the OR. I would loook at this as a minor set back in favor of the stabilization expected as well as the implementation of features such as housing, and the larger facilities.

Keep plugging away at it Devs. Toss us an update a little more often or maybe play with the main page abit but, keep it up. You're giving many of us back a part of our gaming youth we've missed.
you sir or madame or Fing awesome. hey guys at least two of us get it lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: