SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 AM

HELP ME SOME1 IT Says out of date so i cant logon
Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 AM

@sumane: well, there is a link somewhere in a sticky here ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391 ) with links to all the patch files. i downloaded patch 14 manually from there. i don't think i downloaded a new client .exe, and i can get on the TC fine, but i might be wrong about that, as i did run the installer exe before finding the patch myself.

as an aside, why would you assume that .net 2.0 is the microsoft product with the 'bugs' as you called them in it? unless you've gotten the emu to run in wine or cygwin or something, i can only assume you're already running windows xp. why wouldn't the bug or backdoor be present already? furthermore, why wouldn't it be your ISP, or just some mysterious gigantic packet sniffer logging everything everyone does on the internet?

my point is: i highly doubt that .net framework does anything more than provide a way for programmers to more easily roll out their software in an all-windows environment. it certainly isn't a necessary piece of software to get along just fine, but i am fairly certain that if m$ or the illuminati or whoever wanted to own your computer, they wouldn't bank on an optional piece of software to get it done. food for thought...
Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 PM

i did the steps but it still says i need an update...

help!

Paco...
Intrepid or die!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbin View Post
@sumane: well, there is a link somewhere in a sticky here ( http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391 ) with links to all the patch files. i downloaded patch 14 manually from there. i don't think i downloaded a new client .exe, and i can get on the TC fine, but i might be wrong about that, as i did run the installer exe before finding the patch myself.

as an aside, why would you assume that .net 2.0 is the microsoft product with the 'bugs' as you called them in it? unless you've gotten the emu to run in wine or cygwin or something, i can only assume you're already running windows xp. why wouldn't the bug or backdoor be present already? furthermore, why wouldn't it be your ISP, or just some mysterious gigantic packet sniffer logging everything everyone does on the internet?

my point is: i highly doubt that .net framework does anything more than provide a way for programmers to more easily roll out their software in an all-windows environment. it certainly isn't a necessary piece of software to get along just fine, but i am fairly certain that if m$ or the illuminati or whoever wanted to own your computer, they wouldn't bank on an optional piece of software to get it done. food for thought...
yea the bug thing was a bit of a joke, ive just messed up my computer too many times by installing unnecessary junk, at the moment its running sexily, and i wanna keep it that way, its just more hassle to update windows than its worth to be honest. all i want is a download link to the client, im in the process of moving house at the moment and my pc wont get here till late tomorow so i dont really need it till then.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=sumane;139817] i think microsoft is run by a member of the illuminati and they want bugs in everyones pc so as to monitor them.
[QUOTE]

Now I have to replace Bill and plug this leak. Note to secretary: the Martian Abassador will have to wait until tomorrow.
Nevermind I can't make the quotes work bring Bill to me.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:04 PM

i'm getting that pop up when i try to log in saying that i need to update and i'm using launchpad enchanced >.< can any one help me?

Last edited by -blanka-; 01-11-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: nvm didnt find it
Old 01-11-2008, 10:09 PM

um probably stupid question here but I have launchpad enhanced however I had already installed the EMU beforehand and have no idea how to even access the launchpad because the current icon takes me straight to the game. Will it still auto-update or how do I go about doing that?

Sorry if it sounds dumb but idk what I'm missing here.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM

Blanka, Jessthebeast, and Lostman56, you have to be patient. Read what Ramsey wrote in the OT:

Quote:
Core3 will begin to force all clients to be patched to publish 14 within the next couple of days. Also please be aware that the login server that is currently running on the TC is still checking for version 13 clients. Once the server is restarted and the version 14 fix has been applied, publish 14 clients will be able to connect.
This means that we will be able to connect in a few days. Please someone correct me if I got this wrong.

[BTW, first post on this forum, hi everyone! ]
Old 01-12-2008, 06:27 AM

so people who havent downloaded client at all downloads publish 13 first....then the upgrade (publish 14) ?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 AM

updated,and not working.......you guys know what should i do?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:43 AM

Well, I think thats make my day. Thx and congrats again swgemu team
Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 AM

i made something work but when i select to install the patch_14 it gives me an error that it cant find it or something
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

The login server should allow pub14 clients by now.

Last edited by Ramsey; 01-12-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:37 PM

The update worked fine for me using LaunchPad Enhanced. I'll log on and do some testing soon. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:46 PM

umm guys im having a little problem with publish 14
I patched it using SWGEMU_Installer
"The program that checks if you have everything"
and when I try to log on, on the server it says out of date please check (This Thread) for updates.. am I doing something wrong?
Well please someone help

and also THE SERVER IS AWESOME!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: