SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Inactive Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuringan View Post
well i wish we had a general ETA of when it is supposed to be done. To bad they arent giving them out.

You want a general ETA? 6-12 months. But that's just my opinion based on what is done, what is left to do, and how quickly they seem to get things done.

Ramsey said it would be done around "the end of summer." Maybe he was just ****ing with us, but either way, don't bother asking Devs for an ETA lol. I could see it being done enough around August 2008 to release it to live servers, but it won't have JTL.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 AM

The problem with giving an ETA is that if problems arise and the release date has to be pushed back it leads to nothing but disapointment from the gamers. By not giving one we're left in suspense which stinks because we want to know absolutely everything about what is going on, but it puts less pressure on the Devs and doesn't lead us to sadness if we don't get the product exactly on time.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmphionDakmar View Post
The problem with giving an ETA is that if problems arise and the release date has to be pushed back it leads to nothing but disapointment from the gamers. By not giving one we're left in suspense which stinks because we want to know absolutely everything about what is going on, but it puts less pressure on the Devs and doesn't lead us to sadness if we don't get the product exactly on time.
It also helps because then we know we're getting a good quality product, instead of the Devs pushing deadlines... Remind you of anything? =P
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM

I'm hoping the team will not wait until the game is done 100% to release it.

I know it's better to have a quality product. But I prefer to have the game available even if some professions are not implemented yet, or some missions not there yet too (corvette,...), if this means having the game sooner rather then wait an extra year.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM

Props to the Developers

One of the problems that seem to be overlooked in these forums is the fact that people are getting ansy about the delay or in my opinion lack thereof where we have to understand whats going on here. These people are working their tails off FOR FREE to bring a product to people FOR FREE so they can enjoy a game long ruined by the powers that be. By saying that I understand the excitement that goes along with this project, i feel it too, but just remember that these people are doing US the favor and by pushing them and pushing them on a final date we disrespect all the work they've been doing and will continue to do. It'll be finished when its finished and I for one am thankful I don't have to learn programming to do it myself...lol.

Great job so far guys and a huge thankful for a job well done.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 AM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccajnr View Post
I'm hoping the team will not wait until the game is done 100% to release it.

I know it's better to have a quality product. But I prefer to have the game available even if some professions are not implemented yet, or some missions not there yet too (corvette,...), if this means having the game sooner rather then wait an extra year.
With a game like SWG, the project is never 100% complete. There is always room for improvement in a system like this. The problem is where do draw the line...when is the EMU releasable? The answer to that is when the devs feel that the PROJECT, not the players, will benefit most.

I suppose that by saying we should launch without all professions implemented, you are referring to putting the live features on Test Center, not on an actual server? Because obviously releasing to an independent server too early will cause absolute havoc. Certain professions will be uber while others aren't even in the game.

I simply feel that the devs should release new features to us when they feel ready for the TC for extreme testing. The actual release should be held off until our hero devs are completely ready.

Just my 2 creds.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:10 AM

Not to be annoying, but how long along is this now?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasshic Stalker View Post
OMG flameflameflame!

Nah , just kiddin
Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
hush 2 pac
Old 11-21-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
x2
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM

Woot!
Nice job guys!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:49 PM

It's been awhile, but with more developers signing on, It should be done sooner than later.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:14 AM

keep it up
Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 AM

thanks fellas i cant wait to reenter the galaxy again!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitus View Post
thanks fellas i cant wait to reenter the galaxy again!
Much like this guy I too cannot wait to return to the Galaxy. I feel as though a part of my life is missing when I read these forums. A part I hate Sony for taking away.

The Jedi in my still breaths! And still wants to grind!!

lol

So yea, i was once an SWG addict, and quite honestly can't wait to return to being one. Seeing Acklay and some tuskens in the video's made me weep for the game.

Do we not have a "our team" page where we can praise the guys that are doing this?

They deserve some serious props! Someone needs to dedicate a site to the guys and kinda put up a little about each one. Cause quite frankly they are my heros!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: