SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 11:29 PM
King of Nerds

My plan for the Emu is the same as my original SWG plan.

Bounty Hunting the crap out of all the Jedi.

So, I'll be more than happy to help with that part of the testing!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:57 PM

This should be pretty fun once Jedi and BH mission are compete give me an excuse to run wild and make a bunch of BH's cry.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

WIll be a great time for me to play Jedi...

Am I ever going to get Pw|\|3d...

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM

I unlocked Jedi in the CU by 'nade grinding.

Honestly, the system in the CU was retarded. You're forced to be in groups for hours on end and then waste a bunch of travel time to turn in waaay too low xp caps... Plus, if you used grenades you would get all combat experience. Which exchanged at 3:1 for FS xp, rather than 30:1. Personally, I would rather explore my training in other ways than mindlessly killing monsters in generic missions that constantly repeat themselves. I'm honestly surprised that so many groups put up with that crap. Maybe they didn't notice the only action I'd take often times was to throw a single grenade at a lair and I'd grind at a rate 10x as effective as everyone else.

I would honestly love it if there's a smaller roleplaying community out there that will have their own system for deciding force sensitivity, perhaps randomly, which isn't so foolish and ill thought out.

I never finished my template before the NGE hit.
I always come close to tears whenever I reminisce on SWG experiences, even though I wasn't a really good player (I never pvp'd, I always thought "I suck, and will just get ganked repeatedly" because I was never in a pvp guild. And wasn't a stacker.)

It's very depressing the things I missed. I never really fought a bounty hunter, maybe because of the way I grinded.

I was only killed by one once. And it was while I was afk on Kashyyyk...

It pains me to see in how many ways my already awesome SWG experience was robbed and plundered by SoE.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Last edited by Arklari; 12-15-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Agreed

I had a lot of great experiences in SWG before the CU. I didn't play for a few weeks and BAM SWG was murdered. I knew a lot of people and I loved playing the game, starting as a beta tester and from there I played until that ghastly update.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 AM

I unlocked jedi in publish 10, shortly after the village was released. I had a good bit of credit from my holo professions so I didn't have to do a full village grind. Took 5 straight months of grinding baz nitches to reach full temp. jedi and another 2 months to finish my Knight trials.

I certainly had fun with it and I imagine majority will at first play jedi. Those who were unfamiliar with it pre cu will get frustrated and leave it. People do not realize that Pre CU jedi were VERY easy to kill if you didn't know how to play it. Pre 9 Jedi were monsters but Post 10 Jedi didn't even come close to matching their power.

After a few months the profs will even out.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:46 PM

any alpha profession at all damages the game, thats exactly what happened with SOE and it will happen again. It forces every other profession into FOTM setups which are the only way to beat jedi, then as you run around town or group up to go grind you notice everyone is the exact same setup and the GCW turns into whoever has the most jedi automatically wins.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Website Development Manager
ManagerDeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
any alpha profession at all damages the game, thats exactly what happened with SOE and it will happen again. It forces every other profession into FOTM setups which are the only way to beat jedi, then as you run around town or group up to go grind you notice everyone is the exact same setup and the GCW turns into whoever has the most jedi automatically wins.
Getting to even be a Jedi is a lot of work, and with some good Bounty Hunters, will make many players reconsider being a Jedi. For other players, it's just not star wars if you eliminate Jedi altogether. It's also the emu's goal to be just like the Pre-CU experience which includes Jedi. It's the toughest profession to master, being a bit tougher for it in the end seems a legitimate reward to me.

| Environment Setup Guide for Ubuntu | kaigeos@swgemu.com |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
| SWGEmu.com | SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs |
Old 12-16-2008, 07:33 PM

jedi always say that but how is it fair that your stronger then another class? it kills pvp balance and destroys the GCW by turning it into "which ever side has the most jedi wins."

if it were a single player game you should get an advantage, but having an alpha class in a mmo isn't healthy for the game, eventually people will have strive to be the alpha class just to be able to compete.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM

sorry but, jedi didnt really get much of an advantage- most of the pvpers on the EMU could probably 1 on 1 a full template jedi back in the day (force ranked is a different matter)

Intrepid
Old 12-16-2008, 09:17 PM

im going to say this then im done, as the mod said this isnt the place for the debate, but the presence of an alpha class discourages others (especially newer players, or novice pvpers) from fighting in the GCW because they view it as impossible to beat the jedi.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

This isn't really the place for another full blown jedi debate.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 AM

we are all assuming that everyone is going to go Jedi. Remember that pre-cu was 4-5 years ago. We have all grown up. Some people now have jobs and more responsibility, meaning that they won't grind for months on end to be some alpha class.

I won't have the time to grind out Jedi, I'm sticking to a pvp toon and a CH toon, and have as much fun as possible. I reckon alot of older players will do the same.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isshyn View Post
we are all assuming that everyone is going to go Jedi. Remember that pre-cu was 4-5 years ago. We have all grown up. Some people now have jobs and more responsibility, meaning that they won't grind for months on end to be some alpha class.

I won't have the time to grind out Jedi, I'm sticking to a pvp toon and a CH toon, and have as much fun as possible. I reckon alot of older players will do the same.
I'm with this chap on this one, I know I don't have the time and many ex-players I know don't either.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobino View Post
I'm with this chap on this one, I know I don't have the time and many ex-players I know don't either.
I will try and make the time for my jedi.. i miss it that much but between all the stuff i have to do i might not have time for it

Oh well when v1.0 comes out I might be able to have some time

Avault <TFO>
Pistoleer/Smuggler Extraordinaire!

Based in Freedom, Talus on the Valcyn server

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16588 Gizmo's FRS idea
http://swgemuservers.com/precuscrapb...802/index.html Pre-9 Jedi Skills

Nirnus on Zune Social
Closed Thread