SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 01:25 PM

patience is a virtue.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM

O btw ty ramsey for taking time out to let people check status on the web. Def the small and big things you have done for this project ,make me want to give a donation for x-mas. Keep up the great work
Old 12-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
Care to explain what it is we're lying about?
I,personally, feel you are not lying ..but the info as to whats happening has inded dried up..and when people feeel un-informed then thats when they get restless..perhaps if you were to say go play another game a while until its sorted then maybe the muppets would not get so irate
Old 12-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Soo.....whats everyone else doing while waiting for the server to come back up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smielke2 View Post
wait a second, 2 people said..."dont post the guide"....after they already opened this thread...to learn how to become jedi....somethings wrong...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven118 View Post
ok so... whats the point of this video? a 6 minute long video of how "GREAT" vit truly is? waste of time tbh
Old 12-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Yes being able to check the status of a server, while the main web page is down, makes me happy.

Not in a way that turns me on or anything, just a way that shows me the small things that you do...

Kind of like how I kiss the smaller portions of your butt.

Ha, Merry Christmas everyone! 5 more days. Let the joy and cheer spread, Forget about the emu for a coupe days. It will be back up.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:53 PM

Oh FYI, The Saints got beat! whoohoo!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:53 PM

So regarding these outages.

I'm assuming your service provider "FDCServers" isn't granting you server space/bandwidth for free. Normally you would expect to have an SLA or Minimum Uptime agreement of some sort tied to your paid service with outage agreements, etc.. etc...

So is penalty payment coming into play here? Just curious regarding the details of your agreement with your provider.

As always if all you intend to do is respond with flames, stupid pictures or other degrading/infantile/childish/crude/smack-tard speak responses, please keep them to yourselves as I have no interest in reading anything other than intelligent mature replies.

If you insist on responding with hate-speech or other "wtfbbqlullzaby" crap I'll make it my singular goal in life to have your 12yr old behind banned.

Having said that, any informative reply is more than welcomed and I look forward to reading it.

ty.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftarrow View Post
i meant no offense... really. all i was saying is that im sure its OK to download the game over seaching.. because, you own it right? So downloading it is very much the same as finding it in your garage or wherever you put it...

Didnt mean to start something over all this. I was simply just making a statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Denis Monster View Post
I live in Florida and I just finished downloading this today. Hope it wont take long. You know how many hours I spent downloading this thing? D:
Just an FYI to BOTH of you. It's illegal to download a copy of this game to use for the EMU. You will be instantly banned. The only possible way of playing the EMU is installing the game FROM the original disks. If you do not have them anymore, you will have to purchase them again. No torrenting, downloading, or installing the trial on sony's site will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayni View Post
so how about an update then please.Do the host's open on a week-end, or are we offline till monday...or have they gone away for Christmas.
I'm sure they'll update something when they get the chance to!

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor

Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
Old 12-20-2009, 03:57 PM

the main thing is ,as I see it ,is as follows. ... Almost all of the players are Ex-preCU players. We are all so desperately wanting that place again.So therefore Its a huge hit when the server goes down.... for however long. The biggest thing to help is to keep the players informed. This has happened to a small degree so far...but lately its getting less and less informed when a breakdown is happening. This was the way of Soe, and its definately not the way to go 'DEV' that there was no progress, even that would keep the angst down. But "NO" this has not occurred.So come on guys rise above the customer treatment of SOE...you know it makes sense
Old 12-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
the main thing is ,as I see it ,is as follows. ... Almost all of the players are Ex-preCU players. We are all so desperately wanting that place again.So therefore Its a huge hit when the server goes down.... for however long. The biggest thing to help is to keep the players informed. This has happened to a small degree so far...but lately its getting less and less informed when a breakdown is happening. This was the way of Soe, and its definately not the way to go 'DEV' that there was no progress, even that would keep the angst down. But "NO" this has not occurred.So come on guys rise above the customer treatment of SOE...you know it makes sense
Posts like this make me sad.

Let's take a step back and look at the big picture, shall we? The volunteer staff here- so we're perfectly clear on this- are impressing upon themselves a great undertaking; this is a labor of love and not a job. They are not paid in any fashion for their hard work and deserve to not be hounded everytime the server experiences hiccups (however severe.)

How about we cut them some slack around the holidays and let them enjoy a little free time with their families? Would that be alright with you?
Old 12-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
The devs are doing their best i bet you. Unlike the SOE employees these guys are not getting paid and are doing a GREAT job as it is, besides its chritmas holidays and devs might be busy with family stuff wich is first prio whatever you like it or not.

Keep up the good work
Old 12-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
So you don't want replies that you consider immature but then you go out of your way to bait for them non the less... seems somewhat counterproductive.

Begs to question, what other goals do you have besides attempting to ban 12 year olds instead of leading behaviorally by example?
If you consider that baiting then that's unfortunate. It most certainly was NOT my intent to bait anyone into anything despite what you might think. If you're asking me "ok, if you're not trying to bait people then what exactly was/is your intent here?". It's simply this.

There are so many smack-tards on this board that you can start a thread simply asking "what time is it in your part of the world" and you're pretty much guarenteed that some leet speaking 2-year old smack-tard will chime in with the usual "wtfhaxorroflcopterlulque/i'm a stupid idiot whose only goal in life is to look cool while marginalizing you at the same time" response.

Frankly, it's all but impossible to ask a legitimate and/or intelligently thought out question or remark without getting a few (and more likely many) replies of that nature. If it weren't already obvious I'm really really really REALLY tired of that s**t. I'm tired of not being able to ask questions or more importantly READ OTHER PEOPLES' informative questions without having to sift through 8 pages of stupid childish remarks.

With that said I'm taking the hard line and qualifying every post with "If you reply to my question like a smack-tard then yup, i'm going to do everything in my power to have your behind banned." In an ideal situation the mods/staff/whoever would ban these people without needing a nudge from anyone. There should be a minimum mature level of conduct enforced here. The fact that there isn't absolutely baffles me.

Last edited by ArclightX; 12-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyburma View Post
Posts like this make me sad.

Let's take a step back and look at the big picture, shall we? The volunteer staff here-
Key point. Be thankful

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArclightX View Post
If you consider that baiting then that's unfortunate. It most certainly was NOT my intent to bait anyone into anything despite what you might think. If you're asking me "ok, if you're not trying to bait people then what exactly was/is your intent here?". It's simply this.

There are so many smack-tards on this board that you can start a thread simply asking "what time is it in your part of the world" and you're pretty much guarenteed that some leet speaking 2-year old smack-tard will chime in with the usual "wtfhaxorroflcopterlulque/i'm a stupid idiot whose only goal in life is to look cool while marginalizing you at the same time" response.

Frankly, it's all but impossible to ask a legitimate and/or intelligently though out question or remark without getting a few (and more likely many) replies of that nature. If it weren't already obvious I'm really really really REALLY tired of that s**t. I'm tired of not being able to ask questions or more importantly READ OTHER PEOPLES' informative questions without having to sift through 8 pages of stupid childish remarks.

With that said I'm taking the hard line and qualifying every post with "If you reply to my question like a smack-tard then yup, i'm going to do everything in my power to have your behind banned." In an ideal situation the mods/staff/whoever would ban these people without needing a nudge from anyone. There should be a minimum mature level of conduct enforced here. The fact that there isn't absolutely baffles me.
If you think these forums are bad... stay completly away from most official gaming forums. But by ( from what i've seen ) claiming what you won't tolerate usually ends up getting you buried in exactly that. (SOE's SWG Forums are almost famous for that crap.) That you haven't been is a testament TO the increased maturity of the people on the forums. Yes your going to have the odd few who have to be trolls, but will have those no matter what.

If I may I suggest possibly rephrasing or ignore the garbage and sift for good posts. I know you've posted taht your tired of it..but is best solution of you feel the mods aren't doing "enough"

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
This has gone far enough!

i only want to hear from the adults and SWGEmu STAFF!!!
If I say I like Moonlighting, can I be an adult?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
Yes your going to have the odd few who have to be trolls, but will have those no matter what.
...my ears are burning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulembo View Post
the most I would do is tell my dog how good of a weapon it was when I got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Ever since my dog peed on my xbox it doesn't go online anymore.
Star Wars Smilies, feel free to use 'em!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: