SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Hmm... I'm seeing a conflict here...
LOL! Well at least it solidifies my earlier point, there are many frustrated people out there. Wasn't fishing for anyone to substantiate my claims, instead I hooked into the legendary Fecal-flinging Emo Fish. (referring to Leoten). /ducks
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 PM

You should also point out Big, that while "some" hold the title of Developer, the contributions span much farther than them and to say the Devs fail clearly targets any and every contributing person that's ever been involved in this project. When I heard that this team was put together by a 13 year old (or 15 year old), at the time I was pretty much convinced this thing was gonna fall flat on it's face.. However, I saw something that you very rarely get to see, and that was unification, a community formed and dedicated their time and effort to this, and guess what? SWGEmu may not consists of die hard coders from the industry, yet this emulator project is leaps and bounds ahead of the other so called teams. When is the last time you heard anything from the other teams working on an SWG emulator?

I may complain at times about how long things have been in the works, I may even get a chip on my shoulder from time to time about it, but I'll never NEVER disrespect the efforts being made, these people have overcome major obstacles and are still standing tall and regardless on how "irritated" someone is with the project, they still deserve your respect.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 PM

Yes Raithe...very true indeed.

Ok...lets see how long this lasts...i'm gonna take a step back...comb the hair back down...and chill.

I understand peoples frustrations. They want to play the game exactly as they remember it, and are desperately waiting. This includes Leoten. Having to wait, especially for those who have long tenure here, can be irking. Got it.

But........

The simple fact is...you don't have to. Not trying to be obnoxious, but it really is true. There is another group out there trying to do this, the ANH folks and equally as dedicated to SWG we all remember, but they are NOT closer to the final product. Period.

This is the only place where you can play old SWG like it was, and with a whole group of other folks. Our devs will get there, but it can take time. Stick with the process, be it months or years, or go ahead and fall to the side. Its ok, and we understand.

But #2........

Please don't rant about how the rest of us who still have fun here are fanboi slaves who don't know any better. Some of us like it here, and support cause we want to.

Its one thing to bring up a point of contention...its totally another to be so rude. We always welcome new players, and invite all to come in and have some fun. Tirades and discourteous posts just discourage other players. This benefits no one.

Last edited by BigEvil; 04-14-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Services Manager

I seriously considered typing out a rebuttal to his posts... then realized time is better spent doing other things.

My only message to him is this: if you don't like what you see here, keep your donations to yourself. We're not strong arming anyone into donating, not saying "Oh, if you don't give 'x' amount of money we're closing down", we simply put up a meter of how close we are to our monthly goal. If you want to help us get there, great. If not, then enjoy the fruits of our labor once it's completed.

But don't come to our boards, complaining that we're going too slow for your tastes. You readily admit you have no abilities to do what we're doing, so why do you think that your lack of ability gives you license to comment on how quickly we should be making progress?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 PM

But the point is ARE you making progress. We would never know because there is no communication in that area. That's why so many people are frustrated.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:39 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I'm not frustrated.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-15-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I'm not frustrated.
you are so many people.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:43 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
you are so many people.
I know. Spooky, right?

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 AM

"What right do you have to comment on..."

This is America, Jack. It's how we do.

"I'm not frustrated."

You never are.

"OOH Intranet tough guy RAbbleRabbLE"

Yup, that's me! With my flawless typing and structure, my MASSIVE internet-compensation signature, my full bio page, and my love for calling you out individually.

Got real angry and tried that once, one of the recent posters should remember, got hit w some forum nerf and had posting disabled for a while I guess - didn't really pop back to check.

_____

So back to Sq 1

This all began when? 2006? Earlier?

A finshed SunCrusher heals all. Total win if you actually finish a product.

Communication is a plus. Think you might be too late to salvage that.

Having the main page NOT display last Decembers outage issues might be good for passers by stop in and get tingly excited in their wee wee like we all did the FIRST time we heard the loading music.

However - the novelty of running around Rori and the feel of a preCU HUD etc has worn off. People naturally want results - it's how the real world operates. Results.

We can debate wether accepting donations incurs an obligation to produce all day every day. Even charities and non profits in the REAL world have accountability - but you ay disagree, that's your right. (Should be at least.)

So I do what I do - I exercise my ability to call out this joke of a process.

Joke. Almost a half decade joke. Guessing some of the people on this fourm are under or about 25, good gaming demographic...

How's waiting a fifth of your life been? rabblerabbnle "You dont have to wait, you can go somewhere else..."

Yeah, we can. I would also assume other people already have. Gone are the days when I jump on a non-complete turd to run around to POIs and switch my HUD color.

Gain exp for what? The wipe? Gather loot and mats, for what? The wipe?

Wiping is a good idea - it needs to be done. Yet you can't expect people to happily play and maintain interest in a non-working/final product.

Hell, it's hard to keep people playing Finished/Professional MMOs for more than five years. UO, EQ1, AC, DAoC, McWoW, et al.

I give it even odds that this thing never ever reaches SunCrusher. Course you can rename a turd, like Acorn, but at the end of the day a turd's a turd.

So there ya go - prove us wrong. I still think y'all are fail, through and through. Your lack of comms and the absence of questions/accountability is what's pissing off peeps.

Fix it.

As always - finished product heals all.

Get it done. 50% chance at best.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 AM

I'm Leoten, and I approve that message.

Paid for by Friends of Leoten Semper, a Valcyn 501c Corporation.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:37 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoten View Post
"What right do you have to comment on..."

This is America, Jack. It's how we do.
Actually its not, its the internet.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Actually its not, its the internet.
Dude - that whole post and that's the best you could do?

Now I have multi-faceted dissapointment.

Vote for Pedro.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:47 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Dude - that whole post and that's the best you could do?

Now I have multi-faceted dissapointment.

Vote for Pedro.
That was the only coherent part, rest is just...

But do keep it up, you'll get there...

Eventually.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
That was the only coherent part, rest is just...

But do keep it up, you'll get there...

Eventually.
Just like the Emu, right? TM "Soon"

lolz
Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Just like the Emu, right? TM "Soon"

lolz
Actually yes.

I don't understand all this rage. Its a free game, being "re"created by team that consists of volunteers. Even in the worst case scenario, even if they/we don't make it to SC, we had years of fun, free entertainment and tried to do what no one ever attempted to do before, not on this scale anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: