SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 12:58 PM

cool now only if we had the schems to make them all. Architect needs some love :P
Old 04-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Developer
Developer

I'll throw them on the blue frogs for extensive testing of course for about a week or so.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 PM

boo blue frogs i want to make them.

or is architect all bogged up waiting for a fix to being able to stack items in crafting boxes. ie needing 10 structure mods to make a wall?
Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Developer
Developer

I will be working with kyle to fix factory crate stacking as soon as I finish off housing and push it into testing. Once we get factory crates working right, then I will finish off factories, which hopefully will enable us to pull the blue frogs altogether.

(Might still leave them in for certain things that need testing, but we can strip out most of it)
Old 04-12-2009, 01:25 PM

just seems wrong pushing housing and installations out without letting the architects make them. once everyone has them from the blue frog why buy form us? if no one is buying from us then makes it harder on us to test the crafting aspect. I mean if the harvs on blue frog are complete crap ie minumum ber rating then perhaps people will upgrade when crafters start producing better. but the houses. once you have the house you want no need to get it again. (minus a server wipe) which crafters hate more than anyone to begin with.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM

...Stormies in Theed are warping around again... ... I'm sure Faction Points for kills are being worked on, too, just bringing it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulembo View Post
the most I would do is tell my dog how good of a weapon it was when I got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
Ever since my dog peed on my xbox it doesn't go online anymore.
Star Wars Smilies, feel free to use 'em!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Developer
Developer

Well, the harvesters will be min BER/HopperSizeMax.

Once we get houses craftable, then we may wipe housing - since storage of items and vendors won't be available right off.

I guess it depends on if vendors/house storage comes before crafting or not tbh.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Banky, the TC is for testing, if this was suncrusher then you may have apoint, but right now the quickest and most effective way to test things is to dump it on blue frogs and get as many created as possible.

The sheer number of harvesters on TC right now has allowed harvesters to be tested pretty extensively and has meant that issues have appeared much quicker than they otherwise would have. Heck im sure some of the issues are related solely to the fact that so many harvesters exist and wouldnt have even appeared.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:27 PM

yes the sheer number of harvs on TC now made them tested extensively. yet how is that possiable if they weren't on the blue frog??? oh yea I and several other crafters MADE them all. if you test the craft and the bazaar sale and then the placement you are maximizing the aspect of testing. if you just through things on blue frog you eleminate 2/3rds of the testing that could have been done.

if houses or bigger harvs were craftable today you'd have a whole host of architects testing making them to make sure schematics were bug free as well as placing and using them and selling them so others could place and test them.

The only items that should be on the blue frog are ones that are not craftable yet. as if everything is obtainable from the frog and sometimes better from the frog then crafters have a hard time getting into the testing of the crafting of items as it is hard to get into testing and destroying items cause you know you can't sell or give them away cause whats on the frog is better.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandrise View Post
I hate to be a voice of dissent, but I agree with the people above me. You guys (SWGEmu team) say you want a vanilla 14.1 server, and being able to change armor colors was in 14.1, intended or not. Seeing as you're leaving other things in that weren't necessarily meant to be in, I don't understand why so a so trivial yet desired feature is being kept from us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
So we wont get Vanilla 14.1 server? I don't understand. Its only Vanilla when its convenient?
We're back to this. Remember, this is a development project. SWGEmu is NOT a server. We're building the game, and creating options for server admin's to choose between. Suncrusher in an entirely different issue. No mission statements have been released. When the SC forums launch, this issue will be addressed.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi34 View Post
Crush hit the nail on the head, if you put color change in for everyone it removes the perk for armoursmith. Its like letting everyone have sampling, its not game changing but its not right. To put it into perspective how could you change amour color if you didn't have the skill to do so?
That's where you are wrong, tailors are the ones meant to worry about fashion, armorsmithing is about quality of armor, not color.
Why would you force someone to buy second-rate armor just because they refuse to get it from the best armorsmith on the server who happens to be a fairy and has decided that all of his armors should be pink.
Let armorsiths worry about the quality of their merchandise and let the people decide what colors they want to wear.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:24 PM

people want different things, its just funny how something this simple and known by all, has to be argued or even talked about.

And thanks Crush and Ekaika for responding about the issue
Old 04-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
That's where you are wrong, tailors are the ones meant to worry about fashion, armorsmithing is about quality of armor, not color.
Why would you force someone to buy second-rate armor just because they refuse to get it from the best armorsmith on the server who happens to be a fairy and has decided that all of his armors should be pink.
Let armorsiths worry about the quality of their merchandise and let the people decide what colors they want to wear.
I agree with cRush. And your logic is off. If color is for tailors then why do you condone the general community to play around with fashion? You should be arguing that in order for armor to have color it should be given to tailors to do. But that doesn't even make sense because there's no reason why an armorsmith can't color his armor if he has the capability. There's no rule that says an armorsmith can't have an eye for aesthetics. Look at composite armor without color, it's still fashionable. I don't see you arguing about that.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 PM

Tried to ask the bot what was the status of medical crafting, either I was doing it wrong or it got ignored but...this to me is one of the most important things to get ready for SC launch. You can't grind if you cannot heal one self (or other players!). There was a while there we could craft a few items, now there is none. Oh well, perhaps next dev chat.

Thanks, as usual, for taking the time to talk to the community.

Last edited by fixit6; 04-12-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:36 PM

at the very least if players wanted to recolor their armor they should have to buy some kind of coloring kit like they do for droids and ships and vehicles. but i'd rather it stay with the armorsmith. if he isn't supplying the color you want. email or PM him and make a special order. And if that still doesn't work look for a new place to give your business.

as an architect I wish i could have colored furniture to debate like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: