SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
It wouldn't be to my surprise that the whole fan-club will come pouring back once the word gets out that A emulator is completed or at least so close to completion that open source is available.. we'll just have to see.
Yea im sure that once all is complete and the rest of the "in-active" emu community knows of it, it'll be like wild fire.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KADAJ1289 View Post
So what this update is saying is that they are going to set up a server in which we can actually play and start grinding before the release?
lol , where in the world did u pull that from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanutik View Post
SWG is dying, no news here. The longer it takes to release the actual playable free version, either SWGemu or SWGANH or SWGPrecu, the smaller will be the audience. After release, freeloaders might help it, but there are a lot of good MMOS in development now, so i wudn't count on it.
hey , its santa claus ! spreading goodwill and joy to everyone. seriously, if u have no confidence in the emu team, like the rest of us have, why bother trolling these forums and posting at all.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 PM

good update.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 PM

Very nice, I was awaiting something like this for a while... I am very curious as to how a well run mmo server is made, ^^ and this definatly peeks my interest, my favorite game code available to look at makes me wana post a link on all my projects to this site!

which I may actually do.... depending on how much I learn from looking at the code (when I get around to looking at the code that is)
Old 11-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Going open source in the next day or so does not mean that you wil be able to start playing around for fun. We will impose a connection limit of 5 to ensure this doesnt turn out to be a mess like core1. We will lift the connection limit once we hit the 1.0 release. The connection limit will drive more focus to getting the crtical features taken care of. Aproved patches will be tested on the tc which will expose the new patches to a reasonable amount of persistant connections
Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Going open source in the next day or so does not mean that you wil be able to start playing around for fun. We will impose a connection limit of 5 to ensure this doesnt turn out to be a mess like core1. We will lift the connection limit once we hit the 1.0 release. The connection limit will drive more focus to getting the crtical features taken care of. Aproved patches will be tested on the tc which will expose the new patches to a reasonable amount of persistant connections
good idea! i was worried about that...

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 11-24-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkia View Post
good idea! i was worried about that...
yah, nice goin rams
Old 11-24-2007, 05:59 AM

pleasing

Bloody nice !!!

keep it up ..... we are all counting on you
Old 11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanutik View Post
SWG is dying, no news here. The longer it takes to release the actual playable free version, either SWGemu or SWGANH or SWGPrecu, the smaller will be the audience. After release, freeloaders might help it, but there are a lot of good MMOS in development now, so i wudn't count on it.
I totally disagree. SWG is unique in that you are forgetting one major audience:

Star Wars fans
Old 11-24-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Would 1.0 release mean the actual fully playable game?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Smart! I'm still gonna do it! ... with 5 people!! lol.. (no really, good idea.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volte View Post
Would 1.0 release mean the actual fully playable game?
indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 AM

I agree with a few other posters here. We need to find a way for non-coders to start helping out with this project. Many of us are avid SWG fanatics who have little or no experience with coding. Me for example: I learned basic C-scripting (not C++), so I can understand some code, but can't write anything useful for the game.

While the coders are the backbone of the game, they are not the only ingredient needed. There needs to be a submission process for non-coders to submit draft missions, quests, and ideas in a useful way to the coders who can make them a reality.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetlaux View Post
While the coders are the backbone of the game, they are not the only ingredient needed. There needs to be a submission process for non-coders to submit draft missions, quests, and ideas in a useful way to the coders who can make them a reality.
We shouldn't even be thinking about that stuff until we get the game done
Old 11-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volte View Post
We shouldn't even be thinking about that stuff until we get the game done
/disagree

I understand that the game has to be completed before these features are implemented. That is a no-brainer. However, one of the problems with the community "losing interest" is that the majority of us feel there is nothing we can help with. What is the harm in setting up a way to accept organized and detailed ideas that will make adding content to the project faster after completion? Sorry I didn't specify that to begin with. I am not proposing adding content to the game right now.

The way non-coders are treated is part of the EMU's problem.

Many of us played SWG since launch, and we have a great concept of the purpose and functions of the game. We simply feel locked out of this project for not being avid coders.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 PM

wootzorleetnessown

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: