SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 AM

Unless new features are to be added I cannot see the benefit of wiping the server (duped credits and some haked weapons are not reason enough in my eyes) but can certainly see that a few people might well say that if this has happened once it will happen again and decide not to play until Suncrusher is launched.

If the causes are know then certainly impliment a fix if possible but I do not see the solution to item issues / credit dupes as a server wipe. I can only speak personally but if the server is wiped without new features added as a result I would have to strongly consider if I will continue at this point, im probably not the only one thinking this.

However, it probably all comes down to when the OR will be finished. If the OR is say 3 months away and you are going to wipe the server now and then again for OR in 3 months then definatly dont do it but if the OR is 18months away then this is a different story.

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker1030 View Post
The wipe would be a great idea only if the needed content where to be added. There are tons of players whom worked pretty hard to get where they are and why would they work that hard a 3rd time?
They worked that hard fully knowing there would be a wipe in the future. And there will be another wipe after this one (if successful) too so don't pull the sympathy card.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 AM

for those who i aim at

ok this is my oppinion on the controverse matter wich is a server wipe just before OR.
There are two types of ppl talking here..well 3 but the third grp does not apply to what im about to say.

1st- u have your NO grp- they rely on several issues BUT the one they most tresure, wich is loosing either jedi/imba market magnat/imba weapon drops...etc..no these guys try to threat DEVS by the sheer prospect of loosing 40% of their "customers" wich in my math 1000 players i seen logging, im glad 400 of you nabs are gone, other salvage boat the NO ppl have is the OR, claiming its not worth it before the OR itself happens, and this NO grp list goes on and on...honestly i have no sympathy for ppl that deflect their true motives almost randomly to achiev their own goals, and i have NO patience to pretend otherwise

2nd- the YES grp - well the pool says for it self these will sacrifice everything they achieved, ither little or much in order to come to a balanced gameplay wich does not happen as im typing this post
I myself im not a hypocrit for i achieved much in the 1 month im playing but the prospective of having a temporary balance is good enough for me.

3rd grp- simply ppl that dont care

oh and by the way im not of english speaking contry so bear with me,in fact if u could speak my language as well i can speak yours, you should be most pleased

RESET SERVER for it is a test server and as the name indicates ITS FOR TESTING, not threatning devs with possible(and unlikely) repercussions of a server reset..more good will come than harm that im sure.

thx for reading

Last edited by wildkan; 04-26-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 AM

Change we can believe in? Ive heard that before....
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 AM

Wipe it. This is a TC after all, and people needs to get somewhat used to wipes. Plus that it will be a fresh, new and better player environment which will keep people busy until the OR. Other than that I dont really have any good pro-wipe arguments, apart from my gut feeling that says it's a wise choice.

Thanks Arsonist for the sig!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengu-fet View Post
They worked that hard fully knowing there would be a wipe in the future. And there will be another wipe after this one (if successful) too so don't pull the sympathy card.
um, only if they needed to do the wipe, which in fact they don't except babies QQing about people with duped credits. I'm one of the poorest people i know and I don't complain about it. It's not like it's omgthisiscompletelybrokenandwecantplaywithoutawipe . And honestly with the OR coming up soon whats the point of testing when the codes, going to be changed, The OR will Fix and break things.

another point is this, sure they will fix the duping but cheaters will always find a new way and a new method, now you can ask your self why is that? heres the answer cause they love to cheat. Here's a fix starting throwing out temp bans for a first offense and a perma ban for a second offense if they don't learn the first time they never will. End of story.

Yeah i am sure tons of people are reading your 2 page posts.

1. TC should be wiped at least once a month to prevent over-tardage.

2. People will play this game when its done no matter how many times its wiped.

3. Exploits are what makes the TC fun and its better people are doing them now so that there is time to fix before 1.0 and limit the exploits then. I for one love to have fun with exploits that are on the TC, will I do it on 1.0? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krachera View Post
imo we should not wipe until OR are ready to go live.

If there are a wipe we should either:

1.put the current OR code on ,(think this will bring us back to the sate we was at 3 years ago. Not realy prefered since we will lose active players)

2. Put back the blue frogs so atleast we don't have to grind skills. (Fair middle ground for both camps)
downside to frogs is longevity. how long do you want to play a game that just hands you and everyone else skills?

and honestly even tho the poll right now is landsliding for "yes" i really think the devs should look at all the valid points that people who have voted "no" posted here. there has been a few valid points for "yes" but most, not all, are just saying "wipe it" without a justifiable reason why to wipe it.

/quit till OR.. i get on like a week ago, once it all seems like theres no wipe in the immediate future. Grind my ass off. make some money. and now its a wipe. I'm over it. And if the OR takes another year.. ill probably be over it too.. :/

www.ursusindustries.com
Join the Revolution
Old 04-26-2010, 03:54 AM

We all knew a wipe was comming. It doesnt effect me either way really, as my enjoyment comes from playing the game, not being the uber smack talker. I voted no though, because you're treating the symptons, not the disease. Cheaters are the real issue here, and until dupers/hackers/cheaters are delt with, new illness will occur with this TC.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz View Post
thats the pre cu holocron unlock, the system here is completely different. your obviously new around here so let me be the first to welcome you. im sorry to say though that there has been numerous jedi unlock guides in the jedi forums. the holocron unlock system doesnt exist and in its place is a POI/Badge/ Rumor unlock system. Completely guidable
Your absolutely right. I can happily say im a noob to this server and only 3-4 hard days of grinding will be lost for me. Hope to hell they improve on that jedi system. I can only add things that i remember had made the game such a winner before SOE dropped it on it's head.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 AM

Wipe or not to Wipe..

Well the theroy goes that all the people who say no are either People With Jedi's or they have duped Credit's and don't know how to grind Real money..

Waahaaa.... I'm going to Lose my JEDI...

Waahaaaaaa... I'm going to lose all my Duped Money...

ROLF...

Wipe the system Please...

J
Old 04-26-2010, 03:59 AM

I have a valid point for voting to wipe. But let me preface my remarks by saying that I honestly would be just fine whether it's wiped or not, I only hope that if it does happen it's soon.

My point is that I believe there is an overabundance of dot weapons. It wasn't like that on live and I feel that is just a flaw in the loot tables. I believe there would be alot more pvp if they do infact fix issues with the loot tables like they are suggesting.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 AM

Wipe the server. Character progression on a TEST server is irrelevant. We all play on the TC in the full knowledge that everything we accomplish in game will be destroyed eventually, so do it.

It'll be a shame to loose what we've all worked so hard for, but that's the price we all pay for 'gaming' instead of testing.

CR
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 AM

One last point.

A lot of people currently not playing will be watching this thread as it in part sets the scene for how issues are to be dealt with going forward. A lot of others from my guild have stayed away from the EMU as they were concerned about the frequency of wipes and decided to wait until the OR is finished but if the solution to current issues is wipe then how will this pan out in the future?

It is fair to say that all of these current issues were experienced on live (and many more) however never once was a server wiped as a result. Credits that are duped have a way of spreading over the community and items decay and dissapear.

If you use this ultimate last resort action now it is fair to say it may be used again and I dont think anyone deep down would want a server wipe if they actually took some time to think about it.

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: