SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galena View Post
Please stop throwing words like statistically impossible out, especially since you a) appear to have little to no grasp of statistics and b) have not shown the "statistics" that show it is impossible.

sorry galena i didn't have time to properly answer you at first. let me shed some light on you since you obviously have no clue about statistics and odds, but are pretty quick to say someone else doesn't.

the option that got the last 20 votes in a row was the 3rd one, 'no but ill keep playing' which put it at 15%.

15% odds, or 3/20 as we will use here in this explanation that you asked for.

so to get 2 in a row, you take 3/20 times 3/20. = 9/400. which is a little over 2% chance to get 2 votes in a row for a 15% option.

in this case there were 20 votes all put on it in a row.
to get 20 in a row, you take 3/20 times itself 20 times. i don't need to go that far and most calculators give it as impossible number anyway.
lets do 5 in a row
243/3200000= .0000759

so to get just 5 in a row for a 15% odd , there is less than 1/100th of one percent chance.
do you really still believe that 20 in a row is not a statistical impossibility? nothing fishy went on eh?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: