SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothix View Post
Hmm what happened?
First the earth cooled...then the dinosaurs came...but they got too big and fat and died and turned to oil. Then the arabs came and they all bought mercedes benzes.

- from the movie Airplane
Old 04-27-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
Did you guys ever stop to think that we were being honest, but we are human, and weren't capable of having perfect foresight thus realized our mistakes after our proposal?
Dev 1(whomever it was that did the first poll): Damn bro....that was alot of crap going on in the poll thread. Did i f it up?
Dev 2(again, whomever): Nah dude, you just weren't specific enough. You see a poll should spell it all out, set some realistically achievable goals by either side and let the people know how we will do it.
Dev 1 : Gotcha!
-----Later that day------
Dev 2: Wow bud! poll looks amazing! spelled it all out, put all the good stuff that people need to know....and LOOK! you put up realistic goals for both sides of the argument! No WAY there's gonna be controversy!
Dev 1 :Thanks bro...i'm pro!
-----Later that day-----
Dev 3 : WTF were you 2 idiots thinking! now there's more controversy than ever!
Dev 4 : Think they'll be pissed if we just scrap the poll and say some cool ****?
Dev 1 : nah
Dev 2 : Nope...people here are clear thinkers.
Dev 3 : hmm....not so sure it'll go over as well as you think. But try it anyway.
Dev 1 : Noone will be pissed, they love us.

Crush.....not sure if it went that way, but i would like to think so because it made me laugh a bit and killed some of my boredome.

in all seriousness tho...WTF were you guys thinking?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post
You guys need someone with some experience in running online communities to get involved. Since you've rocked the boat with that little wipe tease, than prematurely pulled out, are you going to do anything else to attempt to stabilize the economy and re-introduce item balance? I mean, with things the far outside of the box going on, at a minimum you are missing out on a lot of testing feedback because some parts of the game do not get touched because they are virtually gated by imbalance.

How about:
  • Delete all of the accounts that obviously duped credits, and have toons with 999,999,999 credits
  • Review any logs associated with those toons, and delete paths of massive credit transfer
  • Remove any and all looted weapons that are outside of the possibility of the standard loot table
  • Delete all weapons that are obviously mutli-sliced, due to their damage range being outside of the possibility of the loot table
  • Delete the accounts of people who openly state they are violating the TOS in spatial, tells, and IRC by talking about: Selling items/credits, Exploiting, Sharing accounts, Duping.

I can't believe that you actually went though with posting that poll, included the phrase "We won't pander to the QQ'ers, they ruined SWG in the first place" and yet you go and do exactly that. Seriously. I go back to my initial statement, you guys need to make an attempt to find someone who has experience running an online community. And you need to get them involved, before you implode your own corner of the internet by jerking people around like this.
Amen.

Seriously, you guys can develop a game, you are bringing us (a version of) Pre-CU/NGE SWG, you do it for free (arguably) and I'm thankful and admire your skill in that department. But holy **** you guys have a wicked case of foot-in-mouth disease. What is this, the third controversy in recent memory? And I wasn't even around before it went open source, I don't even want to think what it must have been like back then.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Did you guys ever stop to think that we were being honest, but we are human, and weren't capable of having perfect foresight thus realized our mistakes after our proposal?

I want to take the time to brown nose here. In case my QQing has become too obscene, I want to say thank you thank you thank you for a TC I can play on. I appreciate something real and tangible that I can play and enjoy. And most of all I appreciate the fact that it takes hours/days/weeks/months/years of real people's lives/time to give this to me.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters

Last edited by Sabbathicus; 04-27-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
/salute

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
yes.

Until evidence was brought forward showing how the poll votes were manipulated by a moderator.

Obviously you HONESTLY thought that the poll results would go the other way.

Speaking for myself, the trust is gone.

Last edited by kookaburra; 04-27-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Developer
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
yes.

Until evidence was brought forward showing how the poll votes were manipulated by a moderator.

Obviously you HONESTLY thought that the poll results would go the other way.

Speaking for myself, the trust is gone.
Sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Show everyone this evidence if you are going to claim such things
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpinkpants View Post
in all seriousness tho...WTF were you guys thinking?
They were thinking people would be a bit more mature about the whole situation. Obviously they know better now.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM

No matter what the devs did, someone would be crying about it. No matter what ANYONE does, someone will cry about it. Did we come here to play SWG or cry? Shut the **** up and go play. If you don't want to play, then shut the **** up and go do something else.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Sounds like conspiracy theory to me. Show everyone this evidence if you are going to claim such things
Its been shown already but here:
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

The only user(s) capable of casting a negative vote is a moderator.
There was never any intention of doing a wipe.
This poll was done for one reason.... To put at rest the complaints many have made about exploits and dupes.
You would create this poll and say "Look at us! We LISTEN to our community!". But that wasn't to be.

The poll would have never existed if the SWGEmu staff had any idea that so many would be in favor of a wipe.

Last edited by kookaburra; 04-27-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
the claim and evidence was posted earlier in this thread...whether it is factual or not I do not know as I am not a vbulletin admin/dev.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru jodo View Post
The "yes" vote was at 75% when a sudden flood of almost constant no votes for hours began.

The sudden no vote happened in a time span of hours when an irregular number of new accounts where created.

The people who have the most to lose, dupers, have the most to gain if the "no" vote wins.

Dupers already by their very nature are in the habit of using methods against the rules to achieve something they want.

As some testers pointed out the fact that there happened to be an extremely high statistical trend in no votes and an unusually high number of new accounts, Moderator Staff ,Insultingly, declared that that was a physical impossibility.

Then fueling an army of trolls, the staff member led the forums to publicly mock those that cited basic evidence to a relevant problem.

Not long after, other staff members deleted posts made by those citing such evidence. However, the off-topic posts, mocking those that had only wished to maintain the votes credibility remained on the thread.

Hours later the thread is locked, and later the decision made to negate the poll, based on community solidarity and credibility.

Now as i said before, as raging as I am at everything thats happening, the only thing i blame staff for is simply not being honest with the community, and not letting us know sooner that the problems that let to consideration of a wipe were not addressed.

Pretending a problem doesn't exist simply because You cannot fix it does more damage. And sometimes the most responsible thing anyone can do is ask for help.

There are a large number of qualified persons on the TC who enjoy this project so much that they would have volunteered to work for the staff to police these problems. All staff had to do was ask.

And even as angry or kneejerk as the community seems at this point, I bet if you asked, You would get the help from people with the time and knowhow to act while allowing the current team to worry about the OR.

Best post of this thread.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Look, the opportunity cost to me is no ****ing blue frogs, which would have increased my enjoyability with this game. My christmas gift was promised and then denied because the givers became sensitive to their purchasing power. Shows a complete lack of complex thinking on their part just narrow-minded selfishness.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 PM

I have no idea what those two images are supposed to portray. What is that evidence of? That someone can take an SS? I'm completely missing something, obviously.

"We probably improved the chicken's quality of life. It got to be in a movie, got to have sex and then we ate it ... I don't have a problem if they test cosmetics on animals. Eyeliner has been important in my life. If 10 chickens have to die to make one drag queen happier, so be it!"

- John Waters
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: