SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
  #796  
Old 02-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Xiox Xiox is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMaster View Post
Erm...
SOE PreCU server = hundreds of players, more features, housing, tons of npcs...
SWGemu TC = 10-15 players, a few features, no housing, no guild halls, no space, just a few spawns...

It's pretty obvious game runs smoother than it was on SOE server



Sorry but... you must be blind! There are bugs/missing things everywhere!
Hah, and you must be a stupid bastard.

SOE PreCU - Littered with bugs and infunctional Staff members.

SWGEmu TC - ..is a TC, more stable, filled with tons of people within seconds of the server's re-launch after patches.

Now the secret part:

SWGEmu Personal Testing Center - This place is inaccessible to players, obviously this is known, where do you think their showcase screenies and videos are taken? Private Server! this is where the devs do their testing before they throw it into the mass chaotic testing center, for extensive use and to see if anything goes wrong. That Dev TC is the CLOSEST thing to the pre-cu server, it's got the majority of things completed.

I could be wrong however, these personal dev tcs could be running off of their localhosted machines, still doesn't make all of my "guess" void.

Why would they keep this from the regular TC? they have their own reasons. The end.
__________________
Just shoot in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
  #797  
Old 02-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Kemdan Kemdan is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kouvola, Finland
Posts: 2
Its starting to look good
__________________
  #798  
Old 02-28-2008, 04:46 PM
illupi illupi is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 24
Hey guys, calm down!
OldMaster say it, so tell your opinion without flaming.
Maybe he mistake the number of ppl on the TC (but it's true that you CAN'T find 100-150 ppl in tight spaces everytime....i logged in different moment of the day, and even in anchoread/bestine there arent' more than 30-40 ppl at the peak)
And the other stuff he says...it's true, there aren't implemented on the TC....let's wait and see if when the TC come up full, the game still run smoothly...if so, all of us will be happy...but not say "O yeah woot!" only for a TC...Test Center...not Game Server Fully Operable
  #799  
Old 02-29-2008, 04:38 AM
JC Denton JC Denton is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araiti View Post
that seems pretty acurate...not. and the reason there r missing things is becuz its not comlplete
You kinda missed the point...
  #800  
Old 03-02-2008, 12:39 PM
GreaterMook GreaterMook is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
Hah, and you must be a stupid bastard.

SOE PreCU - Littered with bugs and infunctional Staff members.

SWGEmu TC - ..is a TC, more stable, filled with tons of people within seconds of the server's re-launch after patches.

Now the secret part:

SWGEmu Personal Testing Center - This place is inaccessible to players, obviously this is known, where do you think their showcase screenies and videos are taken? Private Server! this is where the devs do their testing before they throw it into the mass chaotic testing center, for extensive use and to see if anything goes wrong. That Dev TC is the CLOSEST thing to the pre-cu server, it's got the majority of things completed.

I could be wrong however, these personal dev tcs could be running off of their localhosted machines, still doesn't make all of my "guess" void.

Why would they keep this from the regular TC? they have their own reasons. The end.
word.
BTW awesome signature. The Deli Creeps Rock!
  #801  
Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Endless/Arnic Endless/Arnic is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 47
Been a while since I looked at this, looking good guys.
  #802  
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Xiox Xiox is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,352
Something just makes me wonder why these people hang around if they think the devs are sitting around with their thumbs up their butt.

I mean lets face it, they obviously want to play swgemu, otherwise they wouldn't take the time to type up their bull****. So why would you screw yourself over because you're a close minded retard?
__________________
Just shoot in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
  #803  
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Legoklas Legoklas is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
Something just makes me wonder why these people hang around if they think the devs are sitting around with their thumbs up their butt.

I mean lets face it, they obviously want to play swgemu, otherwise they wouldn't take the time to type up their bull****. So why would you screw yourself over because you're a close minded retard?
SWGEmu doesnt exist.
Its a US conspiracy!!!! ^^
__________________
*If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullets.
*No, I'm not feeling violent, I'm feeling creative with weapons.
*I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced.
*I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.

-Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
Because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes.
  #804  
Old 03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
OldMaster OldMaster is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
That Dev TC is the CLOSEST thing to the pre-cu server, it's got the majority of things completed.
Sure they have a complete version of the emu, but it's an OFFLINE version, and it has nothing to do with the final release of SWGemu.
Ok, it's a TC, but how the hell can you say there no bugs? Don't you see mobs /characters warping? Character appearance bugs? Armor holes? There are still a lot of HAM and armor bugs.
SWGemu is an amazing achievement right now, but SOE servers were pretty better than our current TC.

But maybe i'm wrong, i'm just a stupid bastard after all...
__________________
Staff member of ADELPHA the first and the only italian roleplay server of SWG.

SWGemu > Chuck Norris
  #805  
Old 03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
hoteo hoteo is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 28
Woot! Keep it up guys!
__________________
Hoteo -- Pre-CU Bounty Hunter
  #806  
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Xiox Xiox is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMaster View Post
Sure they have a complete version of the emu, but it's an OFFLINE version, and it has nothing to do with the final release of SWGemu.
Ok, it's a TC, but how the hell can you say there no bugs? Don't you see mobs /characters warping? Character appearance bugs? Armor holes? There are still a lot of HAM and armor bugs.
SWGemu is an amazing achievement right now, but SOE servers were pretty better than our current TC.

But maybe i'm wrong, i'm just a stupid bastard after all...

Hey dumbass, the devs don't OWE you anything. There's no 100% way to tell if there are bugs in anything. They will add those features to the public TC when they feel like it. They decide everything here. Including coming here.

Quote:
But maybe i'm wrong, i'm just a stupid bastard after all...
Well, you've given me no reason to doubt that.
__________________
Just shoot in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!
  #807  
Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Ozas Darkdust Ozas Darkdust is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 280
Wow, that was kind of harsh Xiox. I read his post and thought he was giving a neutral observation of the current state of the emulator.
  #808  
Old 03-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Spooky Spooky is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norway, a few paces from the N'Pole
Posts: 59
Xiox is obviosly a fanboy thats blind on one eye. (you probaly don't have that saying in english, but you should still understand the point)
  #809  
Old 03-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Koole Koole is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Planet, Old Mankoole
Posts: 74
I'm biast towards every conversation with anything, SWGEmu > All

<sarcasm>
  #810  
Old 03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Deharak Deharak is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
SWGEmu Personal Testing Center - This place is inaccessible to players
I've been on it before, before the new IP. Had to point that out in case it has anything to do with E peen size.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.