SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altkevin View Post
My 'yes' vote is conditional.
As a vet. Swg player I find it irritating that we have full functioning Jedi, but no droids or buildings, and FAIL extractors. No wearable packs from tailor, no real use for CH, or DE. I say if a wipe will fix or bring about a fix to these CORE professions. I will be on board. If ALL this is about, is to fix in game economy then >NO WAY<

I have to be "cautious" here as I respect and deeply appreciate the DEVS and all the hard work they are doing to give us our dream back, but the above post does ring true. This will probably get me flamed like crazy, but if you gave me a choice, and I could only have a choice between the following;

A) Fully Functional Jedi

B) Fully Functional Architect with all the working schematics

Then I would choose B, maybe I am on crack? Flame away!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 AM

Granted, the codebase is being re-written. Technical aspects of testing on TC:Nova are significantly less important, as they won't apply to the new codebase.

But I think there's some considerable value in seeing if the "core concepts" behind the economy hold steady with as much illegitimate credit and resource removed as possible. The best way to do this would be to wipe it, patch it up, and see if it works.

If the ideas behind a working economy and Jedi system turn out to be flawed, new ideas can be implemented into OR, and ultimately run live in Suncrusher.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 AM

Well, it's an online game being played by even now hundreds of people. Difficult to predict I would say whether the economic system in game is reasonably resistant to inflation and exploit. Best way to find out it seems, would be to try it in a reasonably non-committal environment such as... TC:Nova.

*Shrug*

It's 5:00 AM here at the moment, you'll have to try to forgive me if my thoughts aren't clear. Of course, I understand if you disagree. I'm not exactly deadset behind this position, just musing.
Closed Thread