SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:55 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
with blue frogs YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO GRIND OR NOT TO GRIND THAT IS THE QUESTION, i did both before i would again!
Yea right, not even you believe this.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Wipe it. It's the Test Center people, grow a pair.

I'll tell you now,

The hacking will never stop unless you implement some kind of software where the packet injection can be pinpointed from each client that logs into your server. I know from experience.

The Jedi system should be set back to the way it was during the current patch your emulating. Don't try and please people that think differently, its stupid and ignorant. The server is meant to emulate a certain point, so don't add stupid **** to it to make it any different.

If this is indeed an emulation, I'd try to shoot for something that is more stable on the return of a wipe anyway. If what you said about the server's OR not being even close to completion, I would hold off on it all together. It doesn't make any sense to erase the player and item base that you have worked on for well over a year.

A possible answer to your "OR": Open up a new test server for your current OR testing and leave this one to sit. You could even host both on the same console, judging from how much memory the current emulation is using. Its not that much more difficult, and its very possible with the funding you've been getting from all of these very very generous testers.

Focus on the known bugs first, and do the catering later. Its not worth everybody's time to redo the entire thing and start from August 2009.

IGN - ECHOES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
It is because its not around the corner that they are potentially doing this. If OR was near completion than it would be pointless to wipe the server now only to wipe it again in a month or two.
Nowhere did I say ETA on OR... I said ETA on the wipe... jeebus!
(Bria Vet)

FROGS!

But the frogs should only give you skills... let the crafters make everything else
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 AM

Indeed ... get this over with swiftly ... after reading this poll i lost all motivation to continue grinding.

Again, I say NO to a full wipe, YES to an inventory wipe and bugfixes.

Honestly, i couldn't be bothered leveling my chars again (just finished) and would probably sit back until OR ... and I feel with me several others.

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN

I vote Yes, do Wipe TC. Please. Fix exploits, etc. This is a TC anyway, and it will be wiped one day or another, so might as well wipe now and start over with a clean server, until the OR hits.

I have 3 characters, all full template, and one of em working on his 20th rumor. But I honestly don't care, as long as the server is cleaned up. While you're at it, any chance of some little adds, like backpacks?

Last edited by Deus In Machina; 04-26-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskool12345 View Post
Wipe it. It's the Test Center people, grow a pair.
The majority of the people opposed to the proposed wipe are not against the server being wiped, ever. We are opposed to it being wiped for the reasons given.... and NO, we are not all Jedi with hacked items, thank you kindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlack View Post
Wipe it. At the very least it might get some of these drama *****s to stfu.

And NO to blue frogs. With the experience amount set to what it currently is, those that are mad about regrinding need to go back to WoW. It's an utter joke to master a profession.

And what about people who have:

Master Rifleman
Master Swordsman
Master Doc
Master Ranger
Master WS.

Its not a JOKE to have to regrind 6 alts. I personally only have Mahonra and Tigarra. But I know a LOT of people with at least 6 or more alts.

sig by yaki

Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleigh View Post
Oh and btw. If we really are thinking about seriously doing a wipe, can we get a solid ETA? At this point I feel like loggin in and doing much of anything is pretty pointless, so I hope it is right around the corner if we're gonna do this.
Its all pointless anyways. I mean eventually they are wiped regardless for OR. OR Alpha, OR Beta, Sun Crusher implementation. Everything you are doing now is pointless if you want to look at it that way.

I feel an weapon / armor wipe is vastly needed along with fixed (lowered) loot tables. No more sentinel lvl loot period. I have a Power hammer sliced 2.1k. Are you serious?

As a Jedi, I was fully mind buffed and fooded and got 1 shotted by a T21. I have +25 saber block, +25 ranged Def , and I also have 0400 in the ranged defense tree. How in the WORLD should/could I get one shotted?

The items are out of hand and as this is a TEST CENTER, they need to be FIXED since they have been extensively tested and are NOT where they are supposed to be.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 AM

No.. Why? Cheaters always find a way. a Wipe would only hinder them for some weeks and then it would start over, thus only ****ing people over who Grinded Doctor/armor/weaponsmith etc. like Mahonra said...

The Best Solution in this case would be to ignore it. Cheaters always will be there and nothing will stop them forever.

@Tonkatuff : A 2xxx-5xxx Legendary t21 would oneshot you...6 times over :P

Edit: No iam Not a Cheater and neither do i approve of it.. But i just stated a hard fact

Last edited by Karde; 04-26-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 AM

I just want frog skills.... not gear
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM

Mohonra, you act like its hard to level those professions? Most people have leveled stuff with lair bugs anyways. I leveled to master carbineer in 3-4 hours lol. Crafting professions are the only ones people have a right to complain about, period.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM

I must say that something telling for me...is that a large number of "wipe" advocates not only have caveats but also are advocating "fast easy ways to master a profession" (i.e. blue frogs) "just to start". Yet after a bit of time we know the frogs would go away, thus screwing over anyone who came after the frog time. I almost have to wonder if a main motivation some people's desire for a wipe is to be able to GET the blue frogs so they don't have to grind to get a profession, thus being all "set up" with minimal effort to become the next "uberleets" on the server. Hmmmm...

Granted, this isn't an accusation or anything, just noticing an interesting correlation between those who are wanting the wipe and those advocating blue frogs.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 AM

Let me throw a statistic in here, all the jedis and credit dupers are voting no, everyone else is voting yes.

Anyone disagree?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: