SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogran View Post
ok that's it, im gonna be honest...i honestly think if all the developers are going to do is whine that ppl arent talking about this, THEN GIVE US MORE TO TALK ABOUT!!! even the lil things! the last update i saw (apart from another one trying to get ppl into IRC) was about 2 months ago! SO STOP *****ING!!!
They have been feeding us updates. They are still working on the Core and have told us what they will be adding and working on down the road. Mayeb it's not what you want, but it's what we got. No need to be rude.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:08 AM

Apart from the generally accepted ideas (more frequent/regular updates, etc.), someone mentioned a reorganization of the Future Server Ideas forum, which has sort of been attempted in the stickied "condensed ideas" thread. Creating a sub-forum for different general topics (e.g. subforum for new feature recommendations such the weapon/armor threads, another subforum for "things that people want to change/fix" like the balanced buffs or broken classes or insane DoTs, and another one for Jedi.... cuz there are waaay too many Jedi threads, lol) would be very helpful, I think

Also, just to comment on the server forum that was taken down, I think the idea that was suggested here wasn't so much for people to be posting in the various server threads or starting up communities, but maybe for each server to post what it would be doing (like village vs hologrind, balanced buffs vs. unchanged buffs, etc.) I dunno, I never got around to checking out the server forum before it was taken down, so I don't know what it was like

Last edited by Kothliim; 03-30-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 AM

I myself am also guilty of not participating in the forums as much as I could be. Instead of just reading topics now I will also comment on stuff so I'm not just another member in the list with 2 posts. I'll try to show my support for the EMU a bit better now
Old 03-30-2007, 10:32 AM

Greetings.

I have been lurking this forum for several months now (although i registered only on January). What I learned reading the posts is this: "Don't aks, Take whatever we give you".

I'm glad that the moderators and the developers want to take back the control of the forum, but they need to put a great effort in it. The forum needs to be much more "friendly" if you want a better community because now it is a very hostile environment...

Edit: With "more friendly" I mean the whole community, normal users specifically.

Speaking of the emulator, my personal idea is that the base should be exactly as it was on the original server with all the professions, abilities, object, and so on. Then the sigle shards will modify it as they see fit. The shards should be able to customize stats of objects, abilities, crafting recipes, and possibly add new.

I think that that should be the starting point. Then, when we can access a playable emulator, we would be able to give more feedbacks.

Last edited by Helker; 03-30-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM

Making some "official" posts on the current Core1 emulators out there that the attitude is changing here and inviting them back would help alot.

Quote:
SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.
You have got to be kidding. In the past we were given the impression that suggestions and questions were not welcome. IF you were not smart enough to figure it out on your own then we don't need you.

I mean that is almost literally what it said. So you should not be surprised that the community on your forums sucks.

If you want to see the EMU community as a whole go to some of the Core1 emulator sites. That is where your community found refuge when they were not welcome here.

Again I am thrilled that you want the community to start moving back in here.

Last edited by soups; 03-30-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: add quote from previous post.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
If you want to know what we're working on:
Crafting (research)
Clustering (beginning in core3, oru's planning that I think)
Npcs/mobs (core3)
This simple update, not an announcement of something that's done, just keeping people in the loop, is probably one of the two main things that the EMU team can do to encourage community.

The other would be to keep Uty off the boards. I love the guy for his passion and dedication, and obviously his skill, but he is NOT good for public relations.

The major issue the EMU team run into when trying to create a community is that there is nothing for the community to do, and no future plans for there to be. What you're working on is the backbone of all the server's communities, but that doesn't mean you have a draw . Really all you have is updates on progress of something that is important to all of us. If you can involve us though those updates and questions on things where community opinion is relevant, then you draw people to the boards. Once they spend some time here because you drew them, they will talk among themselves.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juspar View Post
This simple update, not an announcement of something that's done, just keeping people in the loop, is probably one of the two main things that the EMU team can do to encourage community.

The other would be to keep Uty off the boards. I love the guy for his passion and dedication, and obviously his skill, but he is NOT good for public relations.

The major issue the EMU team run into when trying to create a community is that there is nothing for the community to do, and no future plans for there to be. What you're working on is the backbone of all the server's communities, but that doesn't mean you have a draw . Really all you have is updates on progress of something that is important to all of us. If you can involve us though those updates and questions on things where community opinion is relevant, then you draw people to the boards. Once they spend some time here because you drew them, they will talk among themselves.

Exactly. We want to help, but all people do all day on here is make suggestions. More direct questions on something you are currently working on might be more helpful to both you and the community. Not only that, it gives a idea to everyone what is currently being worked on. Good post Juspar.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:34 AM

Its the general hostility from some team members and moderators that causes it, be a little more friendly and keep the finger from the ban button for a minute and people wont hold back on starting or joining discussions. This goes for some people in the community as well.

And as with everything, people constantly need a carrot to keep interested or eventually they get bored and leave. Keep releasing videos, even if they are of the most insignificant feature. Things such as cities showing up on the map, or using a faction recruiter to change your status is always a sign of progress. Less frequently, feature tests such as the stress tests will also help in keeping the community interested and willing to put effort into helping you out.

Be friendly even in the face of exceptional stupidity and ignorace - make sure to show results whenever possible. Two of the most important things imo.

Last edited by Akelei; 03-30-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Lousy grammar and rephrasing.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:23 AM

The new link to the FAQ is certainly easy to see now.

Thats a great spot for it, I don't know about the impression having it multiple times makes but that placement rocks.

Oh its gone, well that was a great spot

Old 03-30-2007, 11:26 AM

Agreed

I most definately agree. Im guilty of not having posted at all since I've joined the community. I'll take this chance to say THANK YOU for all the work you guys have put into this. I've messed around with some of the testing and stuff the last week and a half or so and I'm amazed at what you guys have done. So my goal is atleast 4 posts a week, more if i can. Thanks again
Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Po-ooga

Ramsey, the Problem is 3/4 of the community is banned from MIRC, and has banned forum acounts. Thats whats the problem is. if you guys lifted the ban people would be able to venture into MIRC again, etc.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po-ooga View Post
Ramsey, the Problem is 3/4 of the community is banned from MIRC, and has banned forum acounts. Thats whats the problem is. if you guys lifted the ban people would be able to venture into MIRC again, etc.
Now that is a load of bull****, some people deserve to be unbanned, but they don't represent 3/4th of the community.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po-ooga View Post
i wouldn't say 3/4 .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRC
<[SIN]Rieker> I am gay and like little boys
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM

Ok If you want dedication we need something to be dedicated to. I dont know about anyone else but I'm a visual person, I like to see what the devs accomplish on a certain day etc. But as i remember you saying Ramsey, "we drop hints everywhere".

I'd be alot more into this if i actually got to see a list of what the devs have done and accomplished on any given day. But making me look for minute resources for something that probably isnt even there, and is just an assumption doesn't work for me.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 PM

Guys, enough bashing and criticising. The devs are doing an awesome job as far as developing is concerned, and personal attacks are uncalled for. Don´t sabotage what´s trying to be accomplished with threads like this one.
Closed Thread