SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Test Center Updates

Notices

Test Center Updates Updates to the Test Center will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM

LOL I had to add that to be a light-hearted post rather than a serious flame-tastic lamefest.

/ontopic Is the downtime over? I haven't tried yet because I'm just that lazy right now...

vv I'm so there!
Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of the economy, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by ShardFalcors; 09-14-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardFalcors View Post
LOL I had to add that to be a light-hearted post rather than a serious flame-tastic lamefest.

/ontopic Is the downtime over? I haven't tried yet because I'm just that lazy right now...
Yes, log in!!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettman View Post
well its half opensource actually to be technical. And yeah seeing basd on post dates 3 months of nothing for this OR then a patch which clearly took up a good chunk of that time put out so people could play on a test center, while the OR hasnt had much if any work done on it as of yet is kinda dissapointing and imo a serious case of time mismanagement.

That said As per Max's replies the devs other then those two really havent had much to do anyway as they are doing the engine3 end of things which isnt done.

In a way im glad soe doesnt listen too much to the players, it prevents things like this from happening.

Had that time been put soley into the OR it would probably be finished and being tested as we speak. But due to the players whinging on about it we get this useless update instead. Yep big dissapointment.

Which is why ive been tinkering around with the code of openswg instead, in the interim as nothing can really be done till the OR is atleast compilable anyway
Quardoplex/Fettman, Why don't you just leave? You act like someone who doesn't want to be here, and from your responses, everyone dislikes you and would cheer you leaving. I was going to overlook your ban evasion, but now you are just wasting my time.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 AM

Someone on staff should look to ban the ISP address from accessing the site entirely. If that's even feasable.

/ontopic Ya update! Almost there... Soon I will be beating down animals in Coronet.
Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of the economy, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:00 AM

Who?

Anyway I havent left yet as i am looking for some ray of hope that this project isnt a front for you people to make money off of other peoples contributions at the moment, though it certainly looks like all this is is a front to one make your own server and two take the code and make commercial MMOs with it.

As for quadroplex dont know the guy as for ban vasion considering i just joined and havent been banned that doesnt make much sense either.

Also One thing i would like to point out for the ban happy out there, these forums constitute the documentation relating to a GPL licensed product as such it MUST be made available With the source code if that code or binaries are distributed which they are, the documentation is therefore considered under the GFDL (General Free Documentation License) So preventing anyone from access to it is against the GPL. Just thought i would point that out.

That said I think I will probably leave, and post about the attitude of this community and its agenda to take code contributed to an open source project and use it for commercial purposes on pertinent places. I wonder how SOE Will feel about the project when they get wind of that little detail.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:09 AM

Future Tailor / Smuggler
or CM / Rifleman???

Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Who?

Anyway I havent left yet as i am looking for some ray of hope that this project isnt a front for you people to make money off of other peoples contributions at the moment, though it certainly looks like all this is is a front to one make your own server and two take the code and make commercial MMOs with it.

As for quadroplex dont know the guy as for ban vasion considering i just joined and havent been banned that doesnt make much sense either.

Also One thing i would like to point out for the ban happy out there, these forums constitute the documentation relating to a GPL licensed product as such it MUST be made available With the source code if that code or binaries are distributed which they are, the documentation is therefore considered under the GFDL (General Free Documentation License) So preventing anyone from access to it is against the GPL. Just thought i would point that out.

That said I think I will probably leave, and post about the attitude of this community and its agenda to take code contributed to an open source project and use it for commercial purposes on pertinent places. I wonder how SOE Will feel about the project when they get wind of that little detail.
A) No contributed code is used for the engine, so, that point is wrong.
B) The engine isn't GPL, so get over it.
C) HAHA, you think SOE is going to listen to and care, HAHA. There is nothing illegal or morally ambiguous here so go cry a river to them.
D) And don't play stupid, I know who you are, and with the attitude you have, as well as insulting staff, admins, mods, and trying to stir up drama, you are not welcome here.

So either get over yourself and be a productive community member, or don't come back.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 09-14-2009, 11:27 AM

Fettman, I think the most important point is this.

When it comes down to it, these guys owe you absoloutly nothing.

This is their free time they're surrendering for you, and the rest of us that don't know Java from C++.

Be glad when they throw you a bone. Especially a patchy bone covered with delicious meat.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli View Post
So stop arguing with me now.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:

lol, pathetic. People aren't going to listen to some noob who got banned on a forum because he was trolling it. lyke oh mai gawd gais eye just gawt banned becawz eye waz trolling. that comunitee iz sew mezzd uhp dey hate meeh. lolol
Have fun in your crusade to round up a bunch of swgemu haters.

anyway, away from that idiotic banter.
Anyone know when the server will be wiped again?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
lol, pathetic. People aren't going to listen to some noob who got banned on a forum because he was trolling it. lyke oh mai gawd gais eye just gawt banned becawz eye waz trolling. that comunitee iz sew mezzd uhp dey hate meeh. lolol
Have fun in your crusade to round up a bunch of swgemu haters.

anyway, away from that idiotic banter.
Anyone know when the server will be wiped again?
From the in-game message, I think it's gonna be tonight (pretty sure that was what it said).
Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 PM

Location: Kashyyk, somewhere with my fellow comrades, amongst the ruins of the clone wars...
On topic...
I'm still not getting in! What's going on?!
And most important of all:

We fixed what SomeOnE broke

Characters:

Eli Rogue - Warrior - TK Student -
Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: Kashyyk, somewhere with my fellow comrades, amongst the ruins of the clone wars...
On topic...
Yayz... the server is down...
:/

Characters:

Last edited by Rouge; 09-14-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
From the in-game message, I think it's gonna be tonight (pretty sure that was what it said).
thank you i hope we can start getting serious. im so excited.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM

On Topic...
Yayz... the server is down...
:/

Characters:

Last edited by Rouge; 09-14-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: