SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
  #1786  
Old 09-07-2009, 11:01 AM
demeanor demeanor is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I'd be very very surprised if it didn't come during those days off
Posts like these make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
  #1787  
Old 09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Tobel Tobel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisehe View Post

I left these forums because it's sickening just how lame some of you people act.
Wow. Get worked up much? It's just a forum man.
  #1788  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Lobreeze Lobreeze is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,764
I agree with Wisehe to a degree. It's amazing the attitude some people have towards something they don't pay for and contribute nothing to yet make all kinds of demands and accusations. It is sickening sometimes. /facepalm is a common occurrence with some select people these days. They should be so lucky the CSR people here are so understanding AND patient with people.
__________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?
  #1789  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Ekowraith Ekowraith is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Disappearing in the Anchorhead basement
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi Tropicana,

I understand your frustrations, I really do. I recently returned from an extremely busy time where I could not spend any time monitoring or working on the emulator. However, over the last week or two I have been working extremely hard on, among other things, an update which is at the moment the biggest update we've ever put out. It outlines exact details of "the patch", what's been going on in the OR, introduces new event themes, outlines some internal changes and gives a number of dev perspectives.

I hope you really don't believe that we want to keep you in the dark. It's perfectly true that over the past few months, between the OR and private lives, almost all of us have been less attentive to the community and have not held up the standards that we expect of ourselves, and you expect from us. For that, I sincerely apologize.

I hope that you have the faith in us, or at least the faith in me personally, to know that the intentions behind all that you see is open benefit, and that our lacking is a chink in our armor and nothing more. I seek to expression professionalism and perfection in everything we have done, are doing and will do, however none of us have done this before, and if we can learn a good lesson through failure; Fate I challenge ye.

Regards
Maybe I'm naive, but I found your post reassuring. If it matters, the team's earned my benefit of the doubt once more. Let's see what you've got for us.
  #1790  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Craigybbz Craigybbz is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 225
Max you have possibly just made my week off a whole lot better thanks man
__________________

Imaep Sunstrider
Master rifleman/ Swordsman
former Euro-Infinity
former member of POE


I believe in keeping things simple....
  #1791  
Old 09-07-2009, 02:07 PM
quadroplex quadroplex is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 38
I have to say one Thank you Tropicana for so eloquently stating what I have been trying to say and getting threatned with a ban for saying. Your post was both well hought out and well stated.

Noone is whining we are however discouraged by the lack of information for months on end, Tropicana was correct we have heard the mods say they same answer to the same question in a million different ways. Max however was the first to actually reassure us and so forth.

Truth is with project leaders being away for a time the people "under" Them tend to let their egos run wild, and begin acting quite unprofessionally.

NO Staff member should ever retort to a post in an insulting rude belittling or condscending manner as has been done quite often recently. They are supposed to however lead by example, be courteous, professional and so forth, not doing so or to engage in flamin or implied flaming or even just being a smartass, reflects poorly on the project as a whole, and the entire staff and leadership.

I have to say that some staff like Max are helpfull and again Max Thank you for some real information btw. But some could use a lesson in how they portray and represent the project. I understand that people get frustrated however even if you are volenteering somewhere in the real word you are expected to maintain a certain decorum of conduct, and if you do not maintain it they let you go just like any other job does. If you are staff then you need to act above the status quo of the community and certainly not be overtly rude to the community, or any member.

Let me be clear, I am not starting trouble, I am complaining to an extent but without people bringing attention to an issue nothing will ever be done about it. All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

BTW Ive talked to some of the devs recently one in particular and while i know no specifics word is this update is huge and most people should be thoroughly happy when it comes out... I foresee much silence on the forums while people are playing with the new toys lol.

So again Thank you for taking the time to give us a bit of info max it is greatly appreciated i am sure by many of us.

Please if you cant read this post as constructive criticism and respond accordingly and not flame or be rude about it please dont bother replying to it at all this is not meant to start a flame war it was meant to voice legitimate concerns.

PS: Max i am sending you a pm btw

Last edited by quadroplex; 09-07-2009 at 02:10 PM.
  #1792  
Old 09-07-2009, 03:13 PM
demeanor demeanor is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadroplex View Post
Let me be clear, I am not starting trouble, I am complaining to an extent but without people bringing attention to an issue nothing will ever be done about it. All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
That quote at the end makes you sound tapped lol. The SWGEmu staff are so evil man makes me sick I can't believe they'd force us to experience Pre-CU again. HOW DARE THEY
  #1793  
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
amphitryon amphitryon is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 274
I think folks need to take a step back and recall how long it took to produce what SOE released back in 2003, how many PAID developers whose ONLY job it was to make SWG. (even how many of that team whose ONLY job was to build the server code and maintain the servers). It took that team pof PAID developers approx. 5 years to bring SWG to the point it was at in June 2003 (and even then it still wasn't done).

The fact the SWGEmu team has gotten the server to where it is right now in a shorter peroid of time, with a shoestring budget and volunteer development that is done when the people have a chance to take time form their real lives is a major accomplishment.

Also, it seems clear that some have lost sight of the fact the Nova is a TEST CENTER, not a playable, live server..population counts on Nova are MEANINGLESS! The games content is not there, no themeparks, quests, missions, etc..right now its been all about getting the mechanics working, and if you are on Nova complaining about playability, its obvious you missed the point of Nova in the first place. It is for TESTING game mechanics..not for full blown gameplay..that is what Sun Crusher is all about.

The devs here are not stupid..they know better than to publish information like SOE then be forced to recant their story later, they know better than to cave into demands for info before the info is ready to be disseminated.

and I daresay the devs and the mod team now have a strong understanding of what it was like to be an SOE dev or a SOE forum mod/community manager and that there is more to making a MMO work than simply doing what the community wants.
  #1794  
Old 09-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Craigybbz Craigybbz is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 225
yeah, i think the developers have had enough criticism from the community and they are working hard on getting this update out this week for us so just be grateful they are giving up their own free time.
__________________

Imaep Sunstrider
Master rifleman/ Swordsman
former Euro-Infinity
former member of POE


I believe in keeping things simple....
  #1795  
Old 09-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Vuse Vuse is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12
I just love how people can't follow simple rules and then want to get upset when others "flame" them. The rules are simple:

DO NOT ASK WHEN SO AND SO WILL BE COMPLETED
DO NOT ASK WHEN X WILL BE ADDED TO THE GAME
WE (the devs) OWE YOU NOTHING (my favorite)

This project is in no way shape or form a "business" and will never be treated like one. So please don't tell others how they should act here. When you can learn to follow simple directions then the rest of us may care when your feeling get hurt .... well maybe .... ok ok not really.
  #1796  
Old 09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Ekaika Ekaika is offline
Retired Community Deputy Director
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oahu
Posts: 5,073
I love it
  #1797  
Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Ekowraith Ekowraith is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Disappearing in the Anchorhead basement
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuse View Post
don't tell others how they should act here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuse View Post
DO NOT ASK WHEN SO AND SO WILL BE COMPLETED
DO NOT ASK WHEN X WILL BE ADDED TO THE GAME
WE (the devs) OWE YOU NOTHING (my favorite)
Oh.
  #1798  
Old 09-07-2009, 05:20 PM
EdmondeDantes EdmondeDantes is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
I just want to thank everyone for making the forums entertaining while we wait for the new patch to test
  #1799  
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 PM
illipthgore illipthgore is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadroplex View Post
I have to say one Thank you Tropicana for so eloquently stating what I have been trying to say and getting threatned with a ban for saying. Your post was both well hought out and well stated.

Noone is whining we are however discouraged by the lack of information for months on end, Tropicana was correct we have heard the mods say they same answer to the same question in a million different ways. Max however was the first to actually reassure us and so forth.

Truth is with project leaders being away for a time the people "under" Them tend to let their egos run wild, and begin acting quite unprofessionally.

NO Staff member should ever retort to a post in an insulting rude belittling or condscending manner as has been done quite often recently. They are supposed to however lead by example, be courteous, professional and so forth, not doing so or to engage in flamin or implied flaming or even just being a smartass, reflects poorly on the project as a whole, and the entire staff and leadership.

I have to say that some staff like Max are helpfull and again Max Thank you for some real information btw. But some could use a lesson in how they portray and represent the project. I understand that people get frustrated however even if you are volenteering somewhere in the real word you are expected to maintain a certain decorum of conduct, and if you do not maintain it they let you go just like any other job does. If you are staff then you need to act above the status quo of the community and certainly not be overtly rude to the community, or any member.

Let me be clear, I am not starting trouble, I am complaining to an extent but without people bringing attention to an issue nothing will ever be done about it. All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

BTW Ive talked to some of the devs recently one in particular and while i know no specifics word is this update is huge and most people should be thoroughly happy when it comes out... I foresee much silence on the forums while people are playing with the new toys lol.

So again Thank you for taking the time to give us a bit of info max it is greatly appreciated i am sure by many of us.

Please if you cant read this post as constructive criticism and respond accordingly and not flame or be rude about it please dont bother replying to it at all this is not meant to start a flame war it was meant to voice legitimate concerns.

PS: Max i am sending you a pm btw
Tropicana did nothing but act like a spoilt brat, none of his post was accurate,if he had any real interest in the SWGemu project APART from what it can do for him he would have looked for answers and found them,theres forum rules before you post on most pages.

About the only thing i can thank trop for is mentioning his guilds name STK so i can avoid its members if they join SC like the plague,this is an amazeing project to be involved in and as a fan of pre NGE its a privlage to be here,NOT a right.sure i get frustrated about waiting and lack of new info but the devs have bent over backwards to keep it simple,they dont tell you this is happening unless its happening,

if pop on TC is down lately its the users fault not the devs,its MY fault that i havent been in as much as i used to be last month and abit not anyone elses
i am in charge of my actions and im only human as are we all.

the devs have stated that they will not be tied down to a deadlines or ETAs because they are a small but dedicated bunch of ppl doing it in their FREE time after RL commitments like family and work,and i suspect that at times its actually the other way around, family and work come after the EMU P:}

I have yet to see staff acting inappropriatly on these forums in the past 2 years infact their lvl of calmness when faced with posts like trops that are simply BS surprises me,when a poster states that they are ill informed or not kept in the loop in the emu its their fault not the devs, the forums hold all the info there, if posters like trop cant be bothered looking for it then the failure is theres.

Last edited by illipthgore; 09-07-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: duh
  #1800  
Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Amitrov_Derinth Amitrov_Derinth is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 190
@ Tropicana
-- https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swgemu/stream

Enough said.

Thanks for the post Max! Good to know you guys still love us.
__________________
Ish back from college!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.